cowboys and angels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cowboys and angels

anybody see thiswork of geniuslast night on rte? about the 20yrold guy who moves out of home for the first time and into the big bad world of limerick city centre. unfortunately he moves in with a man-eating apartment-decorating gay fella and above a bunch of smelly drug dealers. within a week he's selling drugs in order to raise the money to join art college so we can woo his dream girl who works in supermacs. but the gay fella (confusingly) steals his bird so he has to settle for that fat one off fair city.deadly stuff

except for all the scumbags having tipperary accents. guess they were too scared to hire real ones

the drug dealer with the long hair who made a move on him is from cork
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

One of the worst films I have seen in a long time. Utter rubbish
      http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

Thought it was great.
        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
          the drug dealer with the long hair who made a move on him is from cork

I thought that was Nigel Mercer from Limerick??

Comment

david murray from cork. also appeared in batman begins and veronica gueran among other things

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Apologies

Nigel Mercer is the Copper at the start and the end who your man sleeps with.

I can't see your man here though

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808588500/cast

Comment

strange given his promenence in the movie, mentioned here anyway

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2004/0722/cowboysandangels.html

Comment

Thought its was a bit odd to be honest. . . .strange story line . .not the type of thing I thought I'd see on RTE.

So can any of the Limerick locals tell me. . .are the femaleSupermacs staff down there all that good looking? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw a few extra I know it in and kept roaring at the television. The sin bin was the nightclub but the went in the main doors of smyhts!!![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by sheepshagger

Thought its was a bit odd to be honest. . . .strange story line . .not the type of thing I thought I'd see on RTE.

So can any of the Limerick locals tell me. . .are the femaleSupermacs staff down there all that good looking? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Of course they are....how's your Polish?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Movie was written and directed by a Limerick man - David Gleeson - from Killmallock I think- his father owned the cinema there. It wasn't too bad for a first effort. Was the gay guy Fridge's pal in Legend - I think he was. In the Dublin scenes you could see St John's cathedral - and parts of Garryowen!

Comment

Originally posted by Aoifs
                          I saw a few extra I know it in and kept roaring at the television. The sin bin was the nightclub but the went in the main doors of smyhts!!![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Their all Philipinos. Was in there last night, and their Taco chips are crap.
                          "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by fabcity
                            Movie was written and directed by a Limerick man - David Gleeson - from Killmallock I think- his father owned the cinema there. It wasn't too bad for a first effort. Was the gay guy Fridge's pal in Legend - I think he was. In the Dublin scenes you could see St John's cathedral - and parts of Garryowen!

He's from Cappamore.

Comment

Sorry -you're right. Cappamore it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X