Clear All

• adp
    replied
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/13/devine...eachment-room/

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    The end of the worrild is not nigh. Things were actually worse in the US in the past. It's just another cycle of degeneration, this time the GOP are exceptionally corrupt and there will have to be a reckoning of some sort before that is resolved. The lynching and intimidation of Blacks after they were freed is easily up there with ISIS and Nazism. And that mindset is still pervasive is a substantial stratum of the population..Nefarious interference in Sth America, setting the middle east on fire on a packs of delusions and lies - the US is always flirting with catastrophe. Corporatism is just mercantilism in disguise - it's a scourge on humanity. The fact that the career staff of the US Gov have rebelled against the clown attests to the capacity of the US to right itself in the face of corruption.
    Mentioning the civil war, world war two and the ongoing conflicts in the middle east sure does make it seem like you see them flirting with big ticket **** ups again now.

The way I see it perhaps playing out - Trump slips the knot once again, GOP sees the future (that being more black and brown people than white in america quite soon) and now they've proven you can do whatever the eff you want and there's no way to stop them, which will see them continue to create an autocracy. The permanent government are certainly doin all they can to show what is going on, but its all chocolate teapot if the senate back their orange wanker.

They've stocked the supreme bench
    They've gerrymandered the maps
    They've rigged elections
    They're about to prove you can get away with almost anything

Tis a real shame, its a quiet coup

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    The end of the worrild is not nigh. Things were actually worse in the US in the past. It's just another cycle of degeneration, this time the GOP are exceptionally corrupt and there will have to be a reckoning of some sort before that is resolved. The lynching and intimidation of Blacks after they were freed is easily up there with ISIS and Nazism. And that mindset is still pervasive is a substantial stratum of the population..Nefarious interference in Sth America, setting the middle east on fire on a packs of delusions and lies - the US is always flirting with catastrophe. Corporatism is just mercantilism in disguise - it's a scourge on humanity. The fact that the career staff of the US Gov have rebelled against the clown attests to the capacity of the US to right itself in the face of corruption.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Combination of ego, dementia, messed up personal life (messy divorce - his third? - going on
    Its Shakespearean stuff - a few years ago he was the leading Republican contender for presidency and somebody who would have worried the Dems as being able to steal votes from them. Now he is a pathetic, twisted caricature

There's definitely a movie in there. I met him here a few years ago as his law firm handled the sale of the company I was working for. We were all invited along to a drinks reception at the Burj. Shadiest collection of people I've ever been stood in. "Security Contractors", ex intelligence guys....you just got a sense of a penumbral world that most of us (thankfully) are only very rarely aware of.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Agreed. They are moving the goal posts before our very eyes, and defining a new "normal". Its complete 1984 and new-speak stuff. Even if Trump loses the next election he will have shattered every norm and convention. Trumpsters might say thats a good thing, but unfortunately in almost every case they are norms that were there for a reason. It should not be controversial to say that the President should speak the truth most or a lot of the time. Or that asking countries to investigate your political opponents is not a good thing. If he gets away with this (and by get away I mean if he is neither impeached nor decisively loses the next election) then the rule book is gone for all future politicians regardless of their party or ideology.
    I'd worry more about what comes after this, whatever the outcome it's going to further divide and not reunite the people.

Scary times, all the pillars of that society are being undermined. He's going to be above the law, for a third time in his presidency. Some dictators got away with less

Leave a comment:

• Yatenga
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    I know Tippy thinks he's a convict walking but personally I fear this is the beginning of the end of America as a great democratic force.

It's a car crash before our eyes and if the Republicans choose to ignore his crimes, his alleged sexual assaults and his bare faced white supremacy just to cling onto power it's all over.
    Agreed. They are moving the goal posts before our very eyes, and defining a new "normal". Its complete 1984 and new-speak stuff. Even if Trump loses the next election he will have shattered every norm and convention. Trumpsters might say thats a good thing, but unfortunately in almost every case they are norms that were there for a reason. It should not be controversial to say that the President should speak the truth most or a lot of the time. Or that asking countries to investigate your political opponents is not a good thing. If he gets away with this (and by get away I mean if he is neither impeached nor decisively loses the next election) then the rule book is gone for all future politicians regardless of their party or ideology.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    I know Tippy thinks he's a convict walking but personally I fear this is the beginning of the end of America as a great democratic force.

It's a car crash before our eyes and if the Republicans choose to ignore his crimes, his alleged sexual assaults and his bare faced white supremacy just to cling onto power it's all over.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Also multiple YouTube streams.

Leave a comment:

• Yatenga
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    Impeachment hearings are being streamed by the New Yorker
    And Washington Post (not sure if you need a subscription though)

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Impeachment hearings are being streamed by the New Yorker

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    The last 3 years are, The Young and The Restless, years of the US... Car crash TV, unable to look away..

Leave a comment:

• Yatenga
    replied
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

I'm staggered by Giuliani over the last couple of years to be honest. District Attorney for New York, Mayor of New York for seven years. This is the guy who battered the Five Families on RICO charges and had mafia contracts on his head for his trouble.

When did he become such a liability? I mean, I don't doubt that he was always ruthless and shifty, but when did he become so ****ing stupid?
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Combination of ego, dementia, messed up personal life (messy divorce - his third? - going on
    Its Shakespearean stuff - a few years ago he was the leading Republican contender for presidency and somebody who would have worried the Dems as being able to steal votes from them. Now he is a pathetic, twisted caricature

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Rudi is going under the bus whether he likes it or not. Donald will soon tell us he barely knows him and he was acting without government sanction or credentials.

Then Donald will say something about something fox showed him on TV and they'll all go back to the way it's been for the last 3 years. His base root and toot along behind him

Republicans are refusing to read the documents, saying their minds are already made up.

That's their democracy now folks, it's as scary as that seems. Trump is the buttered up deaf fella on Family Guy.

I'm staggered by Giuliani over the last couple of years to be honest. District Attorney for New York, Mayor of New York for seven years. This is the guy who battered the Five Families on RICO charges and had mafia contracts on his head for his trouble.

When did he become such a liability? I mean, I don't doubt that he was always ruthless and shifty, but when did he become so ****ing stupid?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Rudi is going under the bus whether he likes it or not. Donald will soon tell us he barely knows him and he was acting without government sanction or credentials.

Then Donald will say something about something fox showed him on TV and they'll all go back to the way it's been for the last 3 years. His base root and toot along behind him

Republicans are refusing to read the documents, saying their minds are already made up.

That's their democracy now folks, it's as scary as that seems. Trump is the buttered up deaf fella on Family Guy.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    Trouble for Trump as GOP voter support drops to 74%. Lowest of his presidency. My guess that public hearings will drop this to 60%+.

The Ukraine shakedown is not realistically defendable. It won't take that much for senator support to crumble. Especially after the senatorial primaries are done.

I think it's an indication that the Corporate wing of the Democrat party no longer believes that Biden can beat Warren and Sanders.

Right now, polling seems to have Trump/Warren and Trump/Sanders as very tight. Article in the New Yorker suggests Trump possibly winning the college while once again losing the popular vote (which would make an astounding run for the republicans, really, who haven't won a popular vote since 2004, and have seen two of the last 3 Presidents elected while losing the vote. We've come to see it as a quirk of the system, but it didn't happen once in the whole of the 20th century, and has only happened 5 times ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X