• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yatenga
    replied
    Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
    US supreme court

Trump’s taxes may be released to Manhattan grand jury, supreme court rules!
    But not to congress!

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020...e-court-ruling

Highly unlikely his returns will be released prior to November
    Which for Trump is a win...with hims its all about keeping the grift going for another day

Leave a comment:

• lilleexile
    replied
    US supreme court

Trump’s taxes may be released to Manhattan grand jury, supreme court rules!
    But not to congress!

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020...e-court-ruling

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    President Trump has left the sh1tcreek and is now looking into the abyss where he will soon be paddling

Leave a comment:

• McCloud
    replied
    Poor old Donald looses another case Twitter might have a meltdown this evening.

Leave a comment:

• acskerries
    replied
    Oh dear god, I do hope that Biden picks a running mate who can appeal to a broad spectrum of voters. The thought of Kanye and his gang with that level of power is nearly as scary as Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Jenta
    replied
    It's not that I'm not enjoying the Lincoln Project's surgical attacks on Trump but in reality they're just another group of people who think America's problems start and end with having a terrible president. They were obviously happy and content Republicans in 2015 and (subject to the above mentioned GOP civil war) will likely be the same again in 2021. They're still a part of the political machine that laid the groundwork for Trumpism and made America what it is today. They seem to like the idea of showing how Trump compares unfavourably with Regan while glossing over the fact that Regan was both a horrible bastard and thick as a ditch (which should sound familiar).

There's a reckoning coming in America that Joe Biden won't solve and the Lincoln Project will be on the wrong side of it.

Leave a comment:

• Yatenga
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    Those Lincoln Project ads are superb
    the fight for the Republican party after Trump (please God in November) loses will be a sight to behold.
    A lot of the Trump quislings will turn on the Never Trumpers - they will not admit fault
    Trumps approval ratings with registered Republicans is not going to leave any room for moderation.
    It will be hard for the Dems to remain as a centrist party (not really centrist but a coalition of leftists, moderates and conservatives/liberals) will be difficult

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Those Lincoln Project ads are superb

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenta View Post
    In fairness, I think the idea of Kanye taking a significant number of black voters from Biden is probably not giving enough credit to black voters. He's a man very publicly struggling with developing mental health issues using this presidential run as a publicity vehicle. Of course in typing that I realise that could also have been a way of describing Trump in 2015 and oh god Kanye is going to win, isn't he?
    Kanye is certain to split the lunatic vote, that'll be the main effect.

Leave a comment:

• Jenta
    replied
    In fairness, I think the idea of Kanye taking a significant number of black voters from Biden is probably not giving enough credit to black voters. He's a man very publicly struggling with developing mental health issues using this presidential run as a publicity vehicle. Of course in typing that I realise that could also have been a way of describing Trump in 2015 and oh god Kanye is going to win, isn't he?

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    So the three frontrunners for the US presidency are Trump, Biden and Kanye. Two 70-somethings with a history of racism and sexual assault allegations and a guy who thinks vaccines cause autism. Interesting.
    In a country of 328m people as well.

I don't think Kayne can stand, or if he wants to, the deadline for getting his name on the ballot will be tight. No sure if there is a write in option for Presidential elections?

I suppose one worry if he does stand is that he takes black voters from Biden, particularly in places like Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Salty Dog
    replied
    So there's another one with a deranged over inflated sense of self worth and importance who would risk severely damaging a country due to incompetence in the trade off for limelight and power.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    I'm not sure which is the lesser evil. Trump reelected or first lady Kim Kardashian

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    So the three frontrunners for the US presidency are Trump, Biden and Kanye. Two 70-somethings with a history of racism and sexual assault allegations and a guy who thinks vaccines cause autism. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pence jokes.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2601428
    If any Christian Church had an iota of humility and we're even at 5% of the standing they imagine they're at, they'd frame this image with quote and hang it in every church on the planet as an example of how far astray in hubris and plain lunacy the pious can be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X