Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Without doubt he'll stop at absolutely nothing to get reelected. If, after whatever strokes they engineer to achieve that, he still loses then there will be fun and games.

    Comment


      That toerag, I mean Constitution lawyer Dershowitz, (Constipation expert more like) argued that if a president really believed his election was in the country's interest then whatever he did to secure a victory was constitutional.
      If that's the level or principle that the top echelons of the US hold, then........a hard rains a gonna fall.

      "Your honour, Fat Freddie sincerely believes it's only fair that he satisfies the youth demand for cocaine and heroin"

      "Oh, I see, well that's OK then. Case dismissed!"

      Comment


        Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
        Look, there quite a few of them (GOP) who see clearly that Trump is completely corrupt but they are just as bent or too comfy in their job. Romney is not any hero. Firstly Mormons are generally sincere Christians and don't like Trump so his Mormon supporters won't oppose him. But, it looks to me that he has shrewdly calculated that Trump will certainly come unstuck in spectacular fashion in the near or medium term before Romney has to face a Senate election and his action in opposing Trump will stand to him and maybe give him another shot at running for the presidency.
        The really scary thing about America is the extent of cynical corruption that the GOP had abandoned itself to coupled with the Dems themselves bought out by the corporate sector, essentially GOP lite.
        I dont think anybody would welcome the hatred and bile that is already spewing across social media. I've seen all kinds of stuff already (he is connected to Hunter Biden, he is a fake, he is a phony, he is corrupt, he is a sore loser, he uses religion when its convenient) The bottom feeders are going to come up with all kinds of nasty stuff about him. . No, the easy thing for him to do was to say Trumps behaviour was wrong, it shouldnt have happened, I would have liked to hear more witnesses but overall I dont think his behaviour rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. Especially since his vote was not going to be decisive. Yes, he has somewhat of a safety net since Mormons generally dont like Trump but he will for sure lose some support. Mormons like most of Trumps policies but they are especially averse to his behavior.
        And yes in the long run Trump will come unstuck but in the long run we are all dead and politicians dont generally operate in the long run. I think he saw a moral imperative here and sure he had one eye on history but it was still brave. Although what is truly shocking is to the extent the rest of the Republican party has chosen the opposite course.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

          I dont think anybody would welcome the hatred and bile that is already spewing across social media. I've seen all kinds of stuff already (he is connected to Hunter Biden, he is a fake, he is a phony, he is corrupt, he is a sore loser, he uses religion when its convenient) The bottom feeders are going to come up with all kinds of nasty stuff about him. . No, the easy thing for him to do was to say Trumps behaviour was wrong, it shouldnt have happened, I would have liked to hear more witnesses but overall I dont think his behaviour rose to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. Especially since his vote was not going to be decisive. Yes, he has somewhat of a safety net since Mormons generally dont like Trump but he will for sure lose some support. Mormons like most of Trumps policies but they are especially averse to his behavior.
          And yes in the long run Trump will come unstuck but in the long run we are all dead and politicians dont generally operate in the long run. I think he saw a moral imperative here and sure he had one eye on history but it was still brave. Although what is truly shocking is to the extent the rest of the Republican party has chosen the opposite course.
          Grumpy is just the beginning, look at the leading lights in GOP right now

          Jim Jordan
          Lyndsey Graham
          Moscow Mitch
          DoJu Trump


          These goobers are going to be in and around any and all presidential runs for the time being. The party is beholden to lunatics for the foreseeable
          I am the million man.

          Comment


            They’ve managed to make Ted Cruz look normal. That’s some achievement.

            Comment


              At the start of his term, I couldn’t see Trump surviving more than four years, but right now he looks locked in for a second term. His re-election will be even more shocking than 2016 because all talk of electoral quirks, Hillary complacency and Clinton hatred will be irrelevant. It’s going to be a horrible electoral year.




              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

              Comment


                Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	2593417 ​​​Lock it up.

                Comment


                  He's reminds me of an uncle who chased women his whole life but became a pathetic lecher as senility kicked in. Just the mention of his name elicited looks and raised eyebrows.

                  Comment


                    It wants them to take it all back. Never happened. Fake.

                    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ecord-expunged.

                    I am soooo looking forward to the day the sh1tgibbon's name appears on a certain regularly active thread here with the initials S.R.C.R.I.P.
                    Please, a.s.a.p.!
                    Last edited by Salty Dog; 8th-February-2020, 12:34.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                      Grumpy is just the beginning, look at the leading lights in GOP right now

                      Jim Jordan
                      Lyndsey Graham
                      Moscow Mitch
                      DoJu Trump


                      These goobers are going to be in and around any and all presidential runs for the time being. The party is beholden to lunatics for the foreseeable
                      Devin Nunes. Multiple gold medal winner in the hypocrisy Olympics.

                      Comment


                        https://youtu.be/RB1NcKlGqs4

                        Interesting stuff re Jim Jordan

                        Comment


                          Every single person who fights for president lard arse is a pervert (most of them) a weirdo (Pence, McConnell, Nunes) a deranged clown (Guiliani), snotty nosed buffoon (Pompeo) - Smelly Ann Conway, Jim Jordan, every one of them without exception, there's no sane decent person anywhere to be seen..........and his base lap it up. They think it's all lies by the liberal elite.
                          Only in America

                          Comment


                            Looks like Saunders is a shoo in for the Dem candidacy. Not sure that a 78 year old, male, urban, East Coast New York Jewish man is going win many demographics against Trump.

                            It's a real pity Warren seems to have fallen away imho.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                              Looks like Saunders is a shoo in for the Dem candidacy. Not sure that a 78 year old, male, urban, East Coast New York Jewish man is going win many demographics against Trump.

                              It's a real pity Warren seems to have fallen away imho.
                              mystery to me too. She is more articulate, smarter, better looking and I think more "electable". Of all the top tier Democratic candidates I think Sanders is the one Trump will most want to run against. And with reason - for all of his clownishness his instincts for politics are top rate. The ones he doesnt want are Bloomberg or Biden.
                              To me a big problem here is running a crowded primary with a first past the post vote. Right now you have 2 candidates splitting the leftish vote 9Sanders and Warren) and 3, soon to be 4 splitting the centrist (Biden Buttigeg, Klobachaur + Bloomberg)
                              The outcome could be a lot different if you had PR
                              PR is less important in general elections which typically only have 2 candidates or maybe 3 including one no hoper independent
                              last nights debate Klobachaur took on Buttigeg calculating Biden is out and he is her main rival - for the centrist vote and hence the nomination.

                              Comment


                                In practical economic terms there's very little difference between Trump, Biden, Bloomberg or that weird puppet mayor guy - I'd almost prefer Trump from that list since we'd get four more years of the destruction of American hegemony through naked incompetence. He'd also have to own the economic crash he's currently heading for. Sanders, and to a lesser extent Warren, would have a shot at genuine change in the USA. What they would achieve in real terms is questionable but at least it would signal a shift in thinking on the distribution of wealth and resources in a capitalist society. I think Sanders is a lot more electable than people give him credit for, I could see him rebuilding the blue wall, and that would make Trump's path to victory very tricky.

                                On related matters, I've never been one to get too tinfoil hat about the Russian interference, Putin's Puppet, "kompromat" stuff, but the way Trump is going the extra mile for Roger Stone means either he now truly thinks he is untouchable (not unreasonably) or Stone has something important on him and really doesn't want to go to prison. At a push though it's the former.
                                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X