President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    Looking at the creepy McConnell and his Ilk I think any fair minded person would concur that the Republican party is the equivalent of a scrofulous carbuncle on the scrotum of existence. And that's being kind.
    Stephen Colbert's take on proceedings
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-of-the-union
      A lot of sense in that.
      Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Between the shambles in Iowa and the latest Gallup poll it may be time to start buckling up for 4 more years.
        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

undoubtedly..... its 4 more years of that cùnt....
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

If he was a "normal" president (i.e. pleasant, vanilla, make an effort to be a president for all)- as an incumbent with a strong economy he would be a shoe-in. Unbeatable
            He is not unbeatable - at best he is a 50:50. He will lose the popular vote (thats all but certain). With electoral college is very hard to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
              If he was a "normal" president (i.e. pleasant, vanilla, make an effort to be a president for all)- as an incumbent with a strong economy he would be a shoe-in. Unbeatable
              He is not unbeatable - at best he is a 50:50. He will lose the popular vote (thats all but certain). With electoral college is very hard to call.
              I'd agree. I'm being a bit dramatic in saying he's the favourite, but given how bad his presidency has been it's a bigger worry that he is even in the running.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

It depends how much the people are willing to see his crimes.

I think the Dems won the messaging battle even if he's cleared by the Senate of impeachment.

The whole cover-up effort is so obvious and clear cut it must resonate with a lot of middle of the road voters you'd think
                I am the million man.

Comment

Iowa is a total cluster***k because it was the chance for the Democrats to kick-start their campaign and start the primary seasons with some good news (winners) and momentum. It's mind-boggling that such an important game-starter could be allowed get bungled by the local amateur organisation. Iowa "you had one job" ..
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

He's acquitted now, anyway.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

​​​​​​When the neo liberals started gibbering about the "end of history"..........i.e. the fall of the military dictatorship aka Communism in Russia......it didn't somehow seem likely that the march of civilisation was now done. Delusional naive buffalo ****e of course. The end of right wing fairy world hysterics more like.
                      There's no end, things go in cycles. They fall apart and then sensible people have to stick them back together again.
                      What's particularly laughable about the implosion of the American wagon train is everything is actually in reality the precise opposite of what the Trumpistas claim. Everything Trump claims about his success is obviously the opposite of reality (eg there was higher wage growth and job creation in the last 3 years of Obama than in his 1st 3 years. In fact you could argue he's just benefited from Obama's policies, but less successfully).
                      And, of course, everything he accuses his opponents of are actually his own wrong doings.

Irony-a-go-go. That's Yankeeistan.
                      Last edited by tippete7trees; 6-February-2020, 08:34.

Comment

Whatever silly business Russia went about in the last election just got a dose of steroids yesterday for this coming election

I am waiting to watch him eat an ingot of gold tbh
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                          He's acquitted now, anyway.
                          Romneys vote to remove was on the surface meaningless but could be really significant. The Trumpsters will try to destroy him. Even if they cant politically it will be very nasty and was a very brave vote
                          Romeny was villified by Dems when he ran in 2012; those were different times. A big win for Dems to get an R vote. I think history will judge him well

Comment

It shows how far we've come when Mitt Romney is being held up as a figure of enlightenment.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Look, there quite a few of them (GOP) who see clearly that Trump is completely corrupt but they are just as bent or too comfy in their job. Romney is not any hero. Firstly Mormons are generally sincere Christians and don't like Trump so his Mormon supporters won't oppose him. But, it looks to me that he has shrewdly calculated that Trump will certainly come unstuck in spectacular fashion in the near or medium term before Romney has to face a Senate election and his action in opposing Trump will stand to him and maybe give him another shot at running for the presidency.
                              The really scary thing about America is the extent of cynical corruption that the GOP had abandoned itself to coupled with the Dems themselves bought out by the corporate sector, essentially GOP lite.

Comment

Stephen Colberts take on the events and the result
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X