President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    According to Conor McGregor Trump is a really great president, loike y'know, a giant standing on the shoulders of previous giants. McGregor is from Finglas. Bothair Scanger Gan úsáid I believe.

P.S. Calls himself "Mystic Mac". Mastic Mick more like.
    He's from Crumlin (before moving to Lucan as a teenager). You wouldn't want to mix them up in the circles he runs in!

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
      He's from Crumlin (before moving to Lucan as a teenager). You wouldn't want to mix them up in the circles he runs in!
      You're right.
      Though according to the map Crumlin and Finglas are connected by the Skangerak canal.

Comment

I wonder will McConnell consider a run at the White House, scary thought
        I am the million man.

Comment

I'd much prefer to watch him taking a run at an angry wild buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            I wonder will McConnell consider a run at the White House, scary thought
            Moscow Mitch? Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

I'd be interested in your view of which Dem candidate has the best shot at beating Trump?

For me, Biden would be a bad choice due to baggage, Sanders support seems steady but unspectacular. Warren seems like the best shot, but would places like Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin vote for her?
              100% Biden. Appeals to blue collar, will pull votes (not many granted but enough to potentially be decisive) from Trump, will bring out black vote.
              I don't think anybody thinks he will make the best president of the candidates or even that he would be a
              great or even good president. He is too old. But bar is low
              and he would appoint a good cabinet
              Warren would be too easily portrayed as a radical and the flow of Wall St money too Trump would become a torrent if she was nominated
              People are ready to forgive Biden his baggage

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

100% Biden. Appeals to blue collar, will pull votes (not many granted but enough to potentially be decisive) from Trump, will bring out black vote.
                I don't think anybody thinks he will make the best president of the candidates or even that he would be a
                great or even good president. He is too old. But bar is low
                and he would appoint a good cabinet
                Warren would be too easily portrayed as a radical and the flow of Wall St money too Trump would become a torrent if she was nominated
                People are ready to forgive Biden his baggage
                I wouldn't be so sure Biden would bring out the black vote. Older black vote maybe but suspect the younger black vote wouldn't be enthused.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                  I wouldn't be so sure Biden would bring out the black vote. Older black vote maybe but suspect the younger black vote wouldn't be enthused.
                  What about with Kamala Harris as his VP?

Comment

Bernie Sanders now favourite to win the Dem nomination on Betfair, which is never wrong.

Well, if they're going to go down..........might as well go down in a bigly fireball......

Though ironically many of the middle of the road voters who voted for the fat Skanger in 2016 were Bernie supporters who were disillusioned by the Swamp.

I'd like to see Bernie in a head to head debate with the WH loon as I think his honesty, his intent to help people would expose the unmitigated fakeness of Trump.

Comment

Dream on, unfortunately
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

If they nominate Sanders, Trump will win for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                          Dream on, unfortunately
                          Sanders would be well able for Trump in a debate. He argues facts whereas Trump goes for windbaggery slogans. Sanders has the personality to stand up to him. Trump will blow up if you pin him down on the horse****e he trades in for example setting up a charity for vets that was fined several millions for fraud. The only charity payment it ever made was to the Boy scouts movement coincidentally at the same time that Barron joined. The 'donation' was $15 the exact cost of registering. With Trump you need to argue policy with facts and work in related scams that he engineered along the road - sexual assaults tax returns etc. He'll melt down for certain,he's incredibly thin skinned when personally ridiculed.

Comment

Also the economy is not a slam dunk for him as he'd like you to think. The stock market is only beneficial for the monied, higher growth rate and job increases were recorded under Obama. Jobs are good for many but it's patchy nationwide and some of his constituency especially farmers are much worse off. Many work in several jobs at low pay on zero hours contracts, the standard of living for the average American has plummeted in the last decades which is part of the reason some voted for an outsider. If the min wage had kept parity with what it was in the 70s it would be $25 an hour now. There's not one serious economist in the world who thinks his economics is sound. The deficit is a potential nuclear bomb. If you have your facts and can match him you can hurt him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

What about with Kamala Harris as his VP?
                              I don't know how much sway running partners really have. I don't know if Biden did all that much for Obama, for instance. I still don't even know what a Mike Pence is.

edit: just looked up Clinton's running mate last time. I legitimately have no idea if I've ever seen him before.
                              Last edited by whimpersnap; 27th-January-2020, 01:10.

Comment

Looking at the creepy McConnell and his Ilk I think any fair minded person would concur that the Republican party is the equivalent of a scrofulous carbuncle on the scrotum of existence. And that's being kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X