Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0N1l-3YstA

Hard to see the Orange Zeppelin wriggling out of this.
    Even you must be realising at this stage that he most certainly will.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Even you must be realising at this stage that he most certainly will.
      Nah, this time he's done for. 100%. Game over. Handcuffs, jumpsuit, chain gang, maybe even the chair. The system works.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post

Nah, this time he's done for. 100%. Game over. Handcuffs, jumpsuit, chain gang, maybe even the chair. The system works.
        Hard to imagine what could change the calculus of Republicans right now - Trumps opinion polls are far more important than any new evidence (and they dont move)

Comment

I believe that most politicians enter politics for the public good. To do what is right. But at what stage do the republicans find themselves looking in the mirror and say yes I realise he is a lying crook, but I will support him no matter what.
          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Hard to imagine what could change the calculus of Republicans right now - Trumps opinion polls are far more important than any new evidence (and they dont move)
            Opinion polls and the fact that half of the Republican party is implicated in this in one way or another. It's a vast criminal enterprise masquerading as a political party.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
              I believe that most politicians enter politics for the public good. To do what is right. But at what stage do the republicans find themselves looking in the mirror and say yes I realise he is a lying crook, but I will support him no matter what.
              Thats where almost all of them are now. When Trumps popularity polls drop below say 30% things may change. Even then they may want to look at Republican approvals. Trump at 80%+ among Rs means anybody who steps out of line gets primaried and loses their job. Sadly, thats where its at. Its tribalism pure and simple.
              Anecdotally you keep hearing of all these R Congressmen who despise Trump and would love to stick it to him. Thus far one Rep (Justin Amash) has come out (And will almost certainly lose his seat), plus a few retirees and some Senators from time to time. The two Utah Senators are illustrative: Romney has been more critical than most, Mike Lee seems to be becoming disenchanted. But Trump is unpopular among Mormons. And they make up >60% of the population

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
                But Trump is unpopular among Mormons. And they make up >60% of the population
                He has no problem maintaining popularity with the 40%+ of the general population who are committed Morons.

Comment

As he said himself, he could walk into the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and he wouldn’t lose support. Pity the Republican Party has forgotten about the rule of law.

Comment

According to Conor McGregor Trump is a really great president, loike y'know, a giant standing on the shoulders of previous giants. McGregor is from Finglas. Bothair Scanger Gan úsáid I believe.

P.S. Calls himself "Mystic Mac". Mastic Mick more like.
                    Last edited by tippete7trees; 21st-January-2020, 18:55.

Comment

They have a lot in common, particularly in the realm of consent.

Comment

Ouch
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I assume you're referring to the rape allegations involving a "high profile sports figure" who could not be named but a bit of googling exposed as our Finglas Skanger.

Comment

So there's c.4 Republicans flirting with voting to allow witnesses, were told. Of course their motives are entirely self serving trying to hold on to their seats in marginal constituencies.
                            But I wouldn't rule out a few closet Trump opponents who might be ready to risk being primaried in disgust at his behaviour.
                            It's not impossible.
                            If Bolton, Mulvaney and Pompeo are called you can assume they will fear perjury more than Trump's wrath and we will have the mother of dramas. Could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                              But I wouldn't rule out a few closet Trump opponents who might be ready to risk being primaried in disgust at his behaviour.
                              Seriously? Take a couple of hours for yourself and have a read back over this thread. It's three years of stories about Trump being a bigot, a rapist, a moron and a conman. How can you honestly believe GOP senators will turn on him now? They are not people wrestling with their conscience. In most cases they are not even people burdened with one. With Trump in the White House they have a malleable idiot to help with their true goal of funnelling public wealth to private individuals. Once he's through this impeachment process he will stand a better than decent chance of winning the election in November, which is all they care about.

Comment

I know they probably didn't have much choice, but the Dems have scored a spectacular own goal on this, I fear. There is zero chance of him being impeached, and the news that the Dems wouldn't trade witnesses wasn't great optics. If you are going to throw dirt, make sure one of your key witnesses is squeaky clean, and unfortunately Biden Jr isn't.

I reckon this will give Trump a 5 - 10% bounce for the Presidential election, which will probably be enough to get him re-elected.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X