Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Please stop with the "Julie Fanny" nonsense. I already asked you before to quit with the silly nicknames. It just isn't funny, and it makes complete sh1t of anything of value you might be posting. This is the last time I will ask.

    Also, while I probably have as much contempt for Trump as anybody else, I think it'd make your claims such as "the senate is not as solid as many commentators think in his support" a lot more credible if you provided something to back up the assertion. Otherwise it's just the wishful thinking of one individual, and there's been a lot of that to wade through on this thread.
    Tis but a scratch.

    Comment


      Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

      He's not out of the woods yet at all. BTW, the poster you mention is rogue.
      Latest developments. Trump threw Julie Fanny under the bus last night, denying on Fox that he sent him to the Ukraine. Trump likely knows whats coming down the road in the Fanny's SDNY investigation and has to disown him. But just a few days ago we had multiple testimonies that Trump directed the Ukrainians to talk to Julie Fanny who 'who is in charge'. Also........it turns out Trump knew about the whistle-blower about a month before it got out and also just before they released the funds to Ukraine - underlining again that it was released because they were caught. But, more serious, they had a month of trying to block the whistle blower - this is concerning to Republicans as it's a new level of obstruction. Further Bolton opined at a private meeting that he believes Trump is beholden to Erdogan over Trump business and this fed into the Kurd betrayal. And it also turns out that Nunes met with the outed Ukrainian prosecutor to get dirt on Biden which vaporises the whole premises of his attacks on the impeachment investigation. There will be a tipping point when it becomes impossible for Republicans to keep supporting Trump. The senate is not as solid as many commentators think in his support. They are keeping their heads down but things can change. In these type of events things are usually much worse than they seem and more will come out.
      The only thing that matters is opinion polls. Trump support is rock solid around 40-44%. And more importantly among Republicans its 80-90%. He is going nowhere. If Republicans were smart they would be figuring out some way to hurt him electorally so he loses in 2020 and they can rebuild in opposition. Impeach they cut their own throats. Censure, and Trump will mobilize against them and same result.
      Nothing thats worse than what we have now will come out. The only thing that would lose Trump support would be a videotape of him mocking his deplorables and even that they would say proves how strong a leader he is

      Comment


        Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        Please stop with the "Julie Fanny" nonsense. I already asked you before to quit with the silly nicknames. It just isn't funny, and it makes complete sh1t of anything of value you might be posting. This is the last time I will ask.

        Also, while I probably have as much contempt for Trump as anybody else, I think it'd make your claims such as "the senate is not as solid as many commentators think in his support" a lot more credible if you provided something to back up the assertion. Otherwise it's just the wishful thinking of one individual, and there's been a lot of that to wade through on this thread.
        Shirley yure not getting nikkertwistopathy over words. Yew realise that in the fancy boudoirs of D4 they call this site Munsterfannies, Julie?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

          The only thing that matters is opinion polls. Trump support is rock solid around 40-44%. And more importantly among Republicans its 80-90%. He is going nowhere. If Republicans were smart they would be figuring out some way to hurt him electorally so he loses in 2020 and they can rebuild in opposition. Impeach they cut their own throats. Censure, and Trump will mobilize against them and same result.
          Nothing thats worse than what we have now will come out. The only thing that would lose Trump support would be a videotape of him mocking his deplorables and even that they would say proves how strong a leader he is
          True, but there is always a tipping point. Supporters always try to make excuses for their own until the damage their doing overrides their support. Then the pariah dynamic takes over and they're even seen as an enemy. I remember Flannery's karate wild kick that nearly delegged a French player being defended by fannies on here. Nixon had rock solid support right up to just before the end. OK, These are somewhat different times and mores but there will be a tipping point. The thing is, Trump is not just a shyster like Nixon (and others). He's as bent as corkscrews. And it's just a matter of time before the wider extent of Trump's perversity is out.

          Comment


            Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

            Shirley yure not getting nikkertwistopathy over words. Yew realise that in the fancy boudoirs of D4 they call this site Munsterfannies, Julie?
            Ah name calling your crossing a line there......
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

            Comment


              Originally posted by McCloud View Post

              Ah name calling your crossing a line there......
              I'm shocked yewd even suggest such a terrible thing.

              Comment




                LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—This year’s summit of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization began on a discordant note, on Tuesday, after the other twenty-eight nato leaders challenged Donald Trump to spell nato.

                At a preliminary gathering of the leaders, Trump demanded that the other member nations increase their cash contributions to the alliance, prompting Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, to issue the unexpected and unwelcome spelling challenge.

                “We’ll be happy to give more to nato, Mr. President, if you can spell nato,” she said, drawing raucous applause from the other leaders.

                Handing Trump a pencil and a yellow legal pad, Merkel watched as he struggled to spell the word correctly, crumpling page after page in the effort.

                After several failed attempts, Trump finally offered up a drawing of several stick figures standing in a row and asked for “partial credit.”

                When the other nato leaders rejected his request by a 28–0 voice vote, Trump stormed out of the room, vowing never to return.

                In a joint communiqué, the nato leaders said that they were looking forward to spending the rest of the summit watching the impeachment hearings.

                Comment


                  https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...rump-1.4101026....

                  .. This article sums up why Trump will get reelected ... Its amazing the intellect of some of the posters here. The only opinion they consider is their own... they resort to ridiculous insults and articles which reflect the posters IQ.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by adp View Post
                    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...rump-1.4101026....

                    .. This article sums up why Trump will get reelected ... Its amazing the intellect of some of the posters here. The only opinion they consider is their own... they resort to ridiculous insults and articles which reflect the posters IQ.
                    I see where that man is coming from, and if taken in isolation as you say it would lead one to believe Trump is a shoe in for a second term.

                    But given his approval rating is about 41 percent as of an hour ago on 538 there are people who do not share that view laid out in the Irish times.

                    Put more starkly, more than half the vote disapprove of him.

                    Call them Maga Hats, Deplorables, whatever you are having yourself, I don't actually agree with the notion that some guy who likes stock markets rallying more than Trump's actions being the reason he might get back in. I think it will be down to many of the reasons he got there the first time

                    ) Terror to go against him from within his party
                    ) Astounding skill at losing the popular vote but winning the election through targeted messages and canvassing

                    His own son, his biggest cheerleader was run off a stage in recent weeks at an event like. I just don't think rust belt man is as reliable or influential as made out. His base is quite small, the influence behind the scenes much much more impressive
                    I am the million man.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      I see where that man is coming from, and if taken in isolation as you say it would lead one to believe Trump is a shoe in for a second term.

                      But given his approval rating is about 41 percent as of an hour ago on 538 there are people who do not share that view laid out in the Irish times.

                      Put more starkly, more than half the vote disapprove of him.

                      Call them Maga Hats, Deplorables, whatever you are having yourself, I don't actually agree with the notion that some guy who likes stock markets rallying more than Trump's actions being the reason he might get back in. I think it will be down to many of the reasons he got there the first time

                      ) Terror to go against him from within his party
                      ) Astounding skill at losing the popular vote but winning the election through targeted messages and canvassing

                      His own son, his biggest cheerleader was run off a stage in recent weeks at an event like. I just don't think rust belt man is as reliable or influential as made out. His base is quite small, the influence behind the scenes much much more impressive
                      Very well said....... (His base is quite small, the influence behind the scenes much much more impressive)..... Nobody says they are going to vote for Trump but when they look at their 401k the economy etc they tend to discard the fact that he is a complete asshole but more the fact he has delivered on his promises and the Democrats don't have an electable candidate. The impeachment process has solidified his base .

                      Comment


                        The faith that Trump is some sort of magical winner is actually cluelessness posturing as insight.

                        The main reason Trump won in 2016 was NOT social media brilliance and a rust belt rebellion but rather a fortunate electoral maths, Clinton dislike fuelled by Comey and voter complacency which thought the result was foregone.
                        His base remains because the fascist element is always with us inc Oirland and every country given congenial circumstances.
                        BUT. The swing voters who were (and still are) sick of 'Washington' politics and the disenfranchised impoverished by the disappearance of manufacturing want change, but they don't want Trump who has made the US a global laughing stock.
                        They won't vote for him next year.
                        If he even gets to the election.

                        Like most things on planet knuckle dragger Trump their whole perspective is a clueless projection where they fantasise that their opponents are infected with the pathology they themselves have swallowed.
                        'Trump derangement syndrome' is actually the belief that he somehow has the secret of eternal winning.
                        He has not.
                        Disaster awaits him.

                        Comment


                          https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/04/p...ase/index.html

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft6A3WZnd3s

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by adp View Post

                            Very well said....... (His base is quite small, the influence behind the scenes much much more impressive)..... Nobody says they are going to vote for Trump but when they look at their 401k the economy etc they tend to discard the fact that he is a complete asshole but more the fact he has delivered on his promises and the Democrats don't have an electable candidate. The impeachment process has solidified his base .
                            What promises has he delivered on specifically?
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                            Comment


                              Before: As a candidate, Mr Trump derided climate change as a hoax concocted by China, and the regulations of Paris as stifling to American growth.

                              After: After three months of prevarications behind the closed doors of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the president came down decisively on the side near the exits. Quitting the Paris deal, signed by nearly 200 countries, will take a few years but this is unequivocally a promise kept.

                              Before: "I am looking for judges and have actually picked 20 of them. They'll respect the Second Amendment and what it stands for and what it represents."

                              After: He vowed to appoint a conservative justice and he has appointed two - Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

                              Mr Trump has long called for the US to leave the Middle East. On the campaign trail, he said the region was a "total and complete mess" and wished the government had spent the trillions of dollars in the US instead.

                              By December 2018, Mr Trump ordered the withdrawal of all US troops from Syria. Days later, US media reported the president planned to halve US forces in Afghanistan from 14,000 to 7,000.

                              Mr Trump called Nafta "a disaster" and warned that the TPP "is going to be worse, so we will stop it." He also pledged to correct the trade deficit with China

                              After: Mr Trump followed through in his first few days on his pledge to withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). He later said he would consider re-joining the TPP if he got a better deal.


                              Before: Mr Trump initially promised to ban all Muslims entering the US - a "total and complete" shutdown should remain until the US authorities "can figure out what's going on".

                              After: As president, he introduced two travel bans which become ensnarled in the courts but the third had more luck. The US Supreme Court ruled President Trump's ban on six mainly Muslim countries can go into full effect, pending legal challenges.

                              The decision is a boost for Mr Trump's policy against travellers from Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.

                              Before: Mr Trump said in September 2016 that he would reverse the deal President Barack Obama had struck to reopen diplomatic relations and improve trade.

                              After: As president, he told an audience in Miami that he was "cancelling the Obama administration's one-sided deal."

                              Before: Mr Trump pledged during his campaign to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a divided city which both Israelis and Palestinians claim.

                              After: In December, he said he formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital, and approved moving the US embassy. It opened in May 2018 to coincide with Israel's 70th anniversary.



                              I could go on but unfortunately I have a job and once again it has become a decent one with the reintroduction of risk and leverage in the financial markets... Thank you Donald.... Should not you guys be more concerned with Healy Rae and the drink driving ban or the reemergence of Sean Quinn and the disappearance of Hospital beds as well as mental health facilities

                              Comment


                                You could go on copying and pasting from a BBC article? Probably quicker to just link to it.

                                It lists four promises as delivered, including military intervention against ISIS, which was sort of happening already I think, and appointing judges, which is a constitutional requirement. It lists 6 as partially delivered, including trade deals, which made me laugh out loud. It then lists two as "no progress" including his wall which has so far amounted to some fence repair and made up about 90% of his campaign "promises". Finally it lists 4 as "abandoned", which is no bad thing when it comes to a Trump policy really.

                                The thing is he's accomplished very little because he's woefully incompetent. He managed to squeeze through corporate tax breaks while the GOP controlled Congress and all that has achieved is adding massively to public debt. The rest of his "policy achievements" sort of speak for themselves.

                                I'm glad your work in a less regulated financial industry is going well though. I mean, we've all seen this dance before and know how it ends. Europe is moving in the right direction in regulatory terms so hopefully we'll be more insulated from the next big American crash. But you keep lining your own pockets and pretend that calling Trump an "asshole" on a rugby forum provides a moral whitewashing to the fact that you support a bigot and a rapist in his position as most powerful politician in the world.
                                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X