Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pence implicated too so this is the mother of crises for the US.

    Comment


      Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
      Pence implicated too so this is the mother of crises for the US.
      Until the next one
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

      Comment


        This will probably go to the Senate, but the changes of 2/3s of them voting again Trump are near zero.

        This will also play very nicely for his re-election bid imho.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

        Comment


          Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
          This will probably go to the Senate, but the changes of 2/3s of them voting again Trump are near zero.

          This will also play very nicely for his re-election bid imho.
          We can only hope the more reasoned republicans will step away from voting for Trump.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

          Comment


            Originally posted by McCloud View Post

            We can only hope the more reasoned republicans will step away from voting for Trump.
            Cannot see it happening, this is systemic and big Donny is just part of it.

            Even Nunes being implicated in Ukrainian doings now, its rife throughout the GOP.
            I am the million man.

            Comment


              https://nypost.com/2019/11/24/devine...-donald-trump/

              Comment


                Trump, Julie Fanny, Barr, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Nunes. Has there ever been such a cabal of corrupt shameless deranged liars at the reins of a 'democratic' state?

                Comment


                  I think there is a reasonable argument for censure but not impeachment. Personally I dont agree with it; I think Trumps actions are impeachment worthy but there is a reasonable case for saying an election is only a year away (which under the US system is just around the corner) so let the voters decide.
                  But if that means doing nothing then Trump will continue to do what he has been doing, only this time nobody on his staff or in the civil service will stand in his way. And its carte blanche for future presidents. So if you cant agree on impeachment and removal, agree on censure, with bipartisan statement that his actions were unacceptable and wrong.
                  Problem is that wont happen. Trump would never agree to it, will never admit to wrongdoing. Its contrary to his DNA and plus it would give the Dems a stick to beat him with in the elections. Better for him to say its a witch hunt and the call was perfect.
                  Republican Senators who in their hearts know it was wrong wont even call for censure.

                  Comment


                    Republicans wont call for censure because they know its a politically motivated witch hunt... only thing Trump is guilty of is being an asshole...


                    https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/house-...ly-convenient/

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by adp View Post
                      only thing Trump is guilty of is being an asshole...

                      ..and if that were illegal there wouldn't be enough Prison Cells in the world to accommodate the guilty.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by adp View Post
                        Republicans wont call for censure because they know its a politically motivated witch hunt... only thing Trump is guilty of is being an asshole...


                        https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/house-...ly-convenient/
                        All the article says is that the Dems havent proven he did anything and its a witch hunt because they cant be bothered to go to the courts to get the folks who know for sure to testify (because the White House wont let them testify). If he didn't do anything he has a funny way of showing it.

                        He was caught trying to use his office to influence the outcome of the next election. The smart Dems know he wont be impeached, and the attempt may actually help him. Every new revelation leaves his enablers & his supporters unmoved. Pelosi never wanted to impeach him - but the man child gave her no choice by asking another country to help him get re-elected and using his office to influence their decision. In plain sight. He is an asshole for sure but also a crook.

                        Comment



                          https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-post/


                          Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks.
                          Detailed Report

                          Factual Reporting: MIXED
                          Country: USA
                          World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180

                          History

                          Founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton (One of the Founding Fathers of the United States), the New York Post (NY Post) is a daily tabloid newspaper from New York City. According to an article published by the NY Times, titled “THE NEW YORK POST HAS A LONG HISTORY”, they describe how under Hamilton’s ownership the paper covered “shipping news, engaged in political crusades even if it meant the loss of advertising revenue.” Later owners were Poet William Cullen Bryant who kept the NY Post for 50 years, followed by railroad magnate Henry Villard (1878), Oswald Garrison Villard (1917), Thomas W. Lamond, and Cyrus H. K. Curtis (1920). Under Curtis’ ownership the NY Post followed a conservative editorial policy until 1936.

                          When David J.Stern acquired the paper in 1936, they became editorially more liberal. Dorothy Schiff bought the New York Post in 1939, which she controlled until 1976, and under her ownership, The Post was liberal as it supported the civil rights movement and opposed the Vietnam War. In 1942, Theodore Thackrey became editor and The Post switched from a broadsheet paper to a tabloid.

                          In 1976, Rupert Murdoch, the owner of News Corp, acquired The New York Post and in 1988, Murdoch sold the paper to Real estate developer Peter S. Kalikow. When Kalikow lost the paper to bankruptcy in 1993, Rupert Murdoch once again purchased the paper and continues to own it today. Since Murdoch took over the paper, The Post has been known for their over-the-top sensational headlines.

                          Funded by / Ownership

                          The New York Post is currently owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp, which owns many conservative/sensational media outlets around the world. The paper is funded through advertising, subscriptions and newsstand sales.

                          Analysis / Bias

                          In review, the New York Post tends to publish stories utilizing sensationalized headlines with emotionally loaded wording such as “Cop cold-cocks unarmed man ‘acting irate’ at restaurant”, and “It’s time for Bill Clinton to take a walk in the Chappaqua woods.” The New York Post also republishes news from other sources such as the least biased Associated Press. In general, more stories favor the right, but the NY Post does not shy away from reporting negative coverage of the right, if it is a big story. They also tend to source their information properly, however many times the headline misleadingly exaggerates the actual story they are reporting.

                          Editorially, The Post has endorsed the Republican Presidential Candidate in every race since 1980. However, in 2016 they did not offer an endorsement for the Presidential election to either candidate.

                          According to an LA Times article, the New York Post was reported to be the preferred newspaper of U.S. President Donald Trump, who maintains frequent contact with its owner, Rupert Murdoch. The Post, According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York. Further, The Post has been criticized since the beginning of Murdoch’s ownership for “sensationalism, blatant advocacy, and conservative bias.”

                          A factual search reveals several failed checks.
                          Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks. (7/16/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 7/13/2019)

                          Source: https://nypost.com/
                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

                            All the article says is that the Dems havent proven he did anything and its a witch hunt because they cant be bothered to go to the courts to get the folks who know for sure to testify (because the White House wont let them testify). If he didn't do anything he has a funny way of showing it.

                            He was caught trying to use his office to influence the outcome of the next election. The smart Dems know he wont be impeached, and the attempt may actually help him. Every new revelation leaves his enablers & his supporters unmoved. Pelosi never wanted to impeach him - but the man child gave her no choice by asking another country to help him get re-elected and using his office to influence their decision. In plain sight. He is an asshole for sure but also a crook.
                            The NY Post is at the National Enquirer end of the journalistic spectrum. Only the clueless would swallow their wishful thinking delusions. Trump likes it

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

                              All the article says is that the Dems havent proven he did anything and its a witch hunt because they cant be bothered to go to the courts to get the folks who know for sure to testify (because the White House wont let them testify). If he didn't do anything he has a funny way of showing it.

                              He was caught trying to use his office to influence the outcome of the next election. The smart Dems know he wont be impeached, and the attempt may actually help him. Every new revelation leaves his enablers & his supporters unmoved. Pelosi never wanted to impeach him - but the man child gave her no choice by asking another country to help him get re-elected and using his office to influence their decision. In plain sight. He is an asshole for sure but also a crook.
                              All very true but I suspect you might be wasting your time considering the poster you responded to is using Trump catchphrases and linking to articles written by various shades of bigot in an American tabloid.

                              Polling on impeachment is pretty much stable. I'm not sure anything short of a Nixon tapes type revelation will move things too much because, to be honest, while the Ukraine bribery should see him removed from office, it's not even remotely the worst thing he's done. If you liked him before it became apparent he bribed an ally for personal gain then you'll like him after. He announced this week that he wants to take war criminals on the campaign trail with him ffs.

                              At this stage it's becoming apparent that around 4 in every 10 Americans are actual sociopaths.
                              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jenta View Post

                                All very true but I suspect you might be wasting your time considering the poster you responded to is using Trump catchphrases and linking to articles written by various shades of bigot in an American tabloid.

                                Polling on impeachment is pretty much stable. I'm not sure anything short of a Nixon tapes type revelation will move things too much because, to be honest, while the Ukraine bribery should see him removed from office, it's not even remotely the worst thing he's done. If you liked him before it became apparent he bribed an ally for personal gain then you'll like him after. He announced this week that he wants to take war criminals on the campaign trail with him ffs.

                                At this stage it's becoming apparent that around 4 in every 10 Americans are actual sociopaths.
                                He's not out of the woods yet at all. BTW, the poster you mention is rogue.
                                Latest developments. Trump threw Julie Fanny under the bus last night, denying on Fox that he sent him to the Ukraine. Trump likely knows whats coming down the road in the Fanny's SDNY investigation and has to disown him. But just a few days ago we had multiple testimonies that Trump directed the Ukrainians to talk to Julie Fanny who 'who is in charge'. Also........it turns out Trump knew about the whistle-blower about a month before it got out and also just before they released the funds to Ukraine - underlining again that it was released because they were caught. But, more serious, they had a month of trying to block the whistle blower - this is concerning to Republicans as it's a new level of obstruction. Further Bolton opined at a private meeting that he believes Trump is beholden to Erdogan over Trump business and this fed into the Kurd betrayal. And it also turns out that Nunes met with the outed Ukrainian prosecutor to get dirt on Biden which vaporises the whole premises of his attacks on the impeachment investigation. There will be a tipping point when it becomes impossible for Republicans to keep supporting Trump. The senate is not as solid as many commentators think in his support. They are keeping their heads down but things can change. In these type of events things are usually much worse than they seem and more will come out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X