Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    I know Tippy thinks he's a convict walking but personally I fear this is the beginning of the end of America as a great democratic force.

    It's a car crash before our eyes and if the Republicans choose to ignore his crimes, his alleged sexual assaults and his bare faced white supremacy just to cling onto power it's all over.
    Agreed. They are moving the goal posts before our very eyes, and defining a new "normal". Its complete 1984 and new-speak stuff. Even if Trump loses the next election he will have shattered every norm and convention. Trumpsters might say thats a good thing, but unfortunately in almost every case they are norms that were there for a reason. It should not be controversial to say that the President should speak the truth most or a lot of the time. Or that asking countries to investigate your political opponents is not a good thing. If he gets away with this (and by get away I mean if he is neither impeached nor decisively loses the next election) then the rule book is gone for all future politicians regardless of their party or ideology.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

      Agreed. They are moving the goal posts before our very eyes, and defining a new "normal". Its complete 1984 and new-speak stuff. Even if Trump loses the next election he will have shattered every norm and convention. Trumpsters might say thats a good thing, but unfortunately in almost every case they are norms that were there for a reason. It should not be controversial to say that the President should speak the truth most or a lot of the time. Or that asking countries to investigate your political opponents is not a good thing. If he gets away with this (and by get away I mean if he is neither impeached nor decisively loses the next election) then the rule book is gone for all future politicians regardless of their party or ideology.
      I'd worry more about what comes after this, whatever the outcome it's going to further divide and not reunite the people.

      Scary times, all the pillars of that society are being undermined. He's going to be above the law, for a third time in his presidency. Some dictators got away with less
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

        Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
        Combination of ego, dementia, messed up personal life (messy divorce - his third? - going on
        Its Shakespearean stuff - a few years ago he was the leading Republican contender for presidency and somebody who would have worried the Dems as being able to steal votes from them. Now he is a pathetic, twisted caricature


        There's definitely a movie in there. I met him here a few years ago as his law firm handled the sale of the company I was working for. We were all invited along to a drinks reception at the Burj. Shadiest collection of people I've ever been stood in. "Security Contractors", ex intelligence guys....you just got a sense of a penumbral world that most of us (thankfully) are only very rarely aware of.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

        "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


        "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

        Comment


          The end of the worrild is not nigh. Things were actually worse in the US in the past. It's just another cycle of degeneration, this time the GOP are exceptionally corrupt and there will have to be a reckoning of some sort before that is resolved. The lynching and intimidation of Blacks after they were freed is easily up there with ISIS and Nazism. And that mindset is still pervasive is a substantial stratum of the population..Nefarious interference in Sth America, setting the middle east on fire on a packs of delusions and lies - the US is always flirting with catastrophe. Corporatism is just mercantilism in disguise - it's a scourge on humanity. The fact that the career staff of the US Gov have rebelled against the clown attests to the capacity of the US to right itself in the face of corruption.

          Comment


            Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
            The end of the worrild is not nigh. Things were actually worse in the US in the past. It's just another cycle of degeneration, this time the GOP are exceptionally corrupt and there will have to be a reckoning of some sort before that is resolved. The lynching and intimidation of Blacks after they were freed is easily up there with ISIS and Nazism. And that mindset is still pervasive is a substantial stratum of the population..Nefarious interference in Sth America, setting the middle east on fire on a packs of delusions and lies - the US is always flirting with catastrophe. Corporatism is just mercantilism in disguise - it's a scourge on humanity. The fact that the career staff of the US Gov have rebelled against the clown attests to the capacity of the US to right itself in the face of corruption.
            Mentioning the civil war, world war two and the ongoing conflicts in the middle east sure does make it seem like you see them flirting with big ticket **** ups again now.

            The way I see it perhaps playing out - Trump slips the knot once again, GOP sees the future (that being more black and brown people than white in america quite soon) and now they've proven you can do whatever the eff you want and there's no way to stop them, which will see them continue to create an autocracy. The permanent government are certainly doin all they can to show what is going on, but its all chocolate teapot if the senate back their orange wanker.

            They've stocked the supreme bench
            They've gerrymandered the maps
            They've rigged elections
            They're about to prove you can get away with almost anything


            Tis a real shame, its a quiet coup
            I am the million man.

            Comment


              https://nypost.com/2019/11/13/devine...eachment-room/

              Comment


                Nice to see Miranda Devine is still incapable of putting pen to paper without talking complete ****e.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                Comment


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2583830Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	2583831

                  Comment


                    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/15/p...ine/index.html

                    Trump is a catastrophe as a president.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                      https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/15/p...ine/index.html

                      Trump is a catastrophe as a president.
                      No one will click your links or understand your one liners, unless you give context..

                      We all unlke the p****, but your stuff is pointless without a comment..
                      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                      Comment


                        Looks like Sondland is going to throw Julie Fanny under the bus. That'll take a big clean up operation.

                        p.s. Sondland's testimony looks like a bombshell. Could be the beginning of the end for the fat ludramaun.
                        Last edited by tippete7trees; 20th-November-2019, 14:08.

                        Comment


                          If Sondland opens with what the Guardian liveblog claims he's going to open with, this could be very bad news for Trump.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                          Comment


                            He's going to need a big bus looking at the roster being lined up for the bussing.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                              He's going to need a big bus looking at the roster being lined up for the bussing.
                              WTF is this supposed to mean and who do you think understands it?

                              Seriously, can you please stop spamming the threads with this nonsense. Many different posters have asked you the same thing on many different threads. It may be that we are all too stupid to follow your deep and cryptic insights and if so then please don't waste them on us.

                              Comment


                                Hard to see any option for the sh*tgibbon but resigning now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X