President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Lots of disasters, but where’s the beef?
    It's not in the disastrous Irish 'forward pack'.

Comment

Trump is slowly bleeding support
      7 R senators refused to vote to condemn the Impeachment inquiry. And that doesn't include people like Burr and Toomey who are anything but reliable no votes in an impeachment
      When the Dems bring their witnesses public, he will lose even more support
      And Moscow Mitch is staying relatively quiet
      I'd still say impeachment by the Senate is less than 50:50 likelihood but its a real possibility.

The one thing Trump still has going for him is his popular support - still rock solid at 40%.

Comment

Hope The Donald has had a geography refresher after claiming Colorado shared a border with Mexico, that's up there with the Revolutionary Army taking back the airports in 1775. His core support of course don't care about stuff like that however.

I see his team got a march on Sleepy Joe Biden whose team forgot to buy todosconbiden.com before launching their Latino voter strategy. Trump's did and used the site to link to a 'Todos Con Trump' site.
        Last edited by neill_m; 25th-October-2019, 14:51.

Comment

Not to go all tipy7trees but when he announced Doral for next summers G7 my first reaction was that he wont be around to front the event.

I wonder will he even survive this? the fake news media costing him his life, making him a martyr to his base etc?
          I am the million man.

Comment

Lock him up’ chant greets Trump at World Series

President Donald Trump attends Game 5 of the 2019 World Series between the Houston Astros and the Washington Nationals on Sunday. | Will Newton/Getty Images

The stadium greeted him with boos and chants of “Lock him up!” — a nod to the motto his supporters used against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016.

President Donald Trump on Sunday was one of the many spectators at Game 5 of the World Series between the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. He and first lady Melania Trump took their seats alongside several lawmakers, including Sen. Lindsey Graham, Rep. Matt Gaetz and Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

Trump was introduced to the crowd shortly after the third inning during the salute to veterans. At that point, the booing and chanting began. The crowd did that on what had been a pretty good day for the president; in the morning, Trump announced the death of Islamic leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

This is the first year since 1933 that Washington has had a team in the World Series. Unlike many presidential predecessors attending the Fall Classic, Trump declined to toss out the ceremonial first pitch — a task that went to chef José Andrés, a vocal Trump critic.

Trump did minimize possible disruptions for the crowd by arriving after the start of the game and leaving before the end.

“His view was that to make the fan experience as positive as possible,” MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred told reporters Saturday. “He would arrive at Game 5 sometime after the game began so it wouldn’t interfere with fans getting into the stadium.”

​​​​​​https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...-series-059714
            I am the million man.

Comment

"I can't believe they killed BIG DADDY, Kemosabe!!!!!"

Comment

This Vindman guy could be the straw that broke the camels back.....testified today that certain key words and phrases were left off the readout of the Ukraine call. And that he tried to get them put in (no pun intended). No wonder Trump thinks all he has to do is say read the (sic) transcript. He probably truly believes that its 'perfect" because they took out the really bad stuff. Now there will be a big push to release the entire transcript.
                And already the Rs have had to walk back their accusations that Vindman is a Ukrainian spy. Wait till he testifies publicly in uniform. Then you will see Trump lose another 5-10% of his support
                Last edited by Yatenga; 30th-October-2019, 02:52.

Comment

Disaster for Trump as WH staff take his little hand and squeeze it viciously.

Comment

Trouble for Trump as GOP voter support drops to 74%. Lowest of his presidency. My guess that public hearings will drop this to 60%+.

The Ukraine shakedown is not realistically defendable. It won't take that much for senator support to crumble. Especially after the senatorial primaries are done.

Comment

Donald Trump has condemned “corrupt” Democrats and the whistleblower behind the congressional impeachment inquiry, accusing them of pursuing a “deranged witch hunt”.“Now corrupt politicians Nancy Pelosi and shifty Adam Schiff and the crooked media have launched the deranged, delusional, destructive and hyper-partisan impeachment witch hunt...................But the whistleblower came out with his horrible statement about this call. So I really had no choice. I said immediately – talk about transparency – I said: ‘Release it. Release it immediately’.

“And then the whistleblower saw it, and shifty Schiff saw it, who is a total crook. Schiff saw it. Pelosi saw it. And they said, ‘We’ve got a problem. We don’t want to have anything to do with the whistleblower any more’. And the whistleblower disappeared.”

'Deranged'? Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff?

While the shameless lying and deflection tactic works well in many situations it looks 'deranged' when faced with hard facts. This stuff will only damage Trump when the public hearings start next week. His hardcore base will buy any nonsense he spouts but that won't be enough in 2020 if he gets that far. His only hope politically is to conflate the Dems with his own modus operandi and this is the core delusion of every career criminal: "They're all corrupt".
                      The average person doesn't believe that.

Comment

Nice one Bloomberg, split the Democratic vote why don't you!

Michael Bloomberg poised for possible 2020 campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ction-campaign

Former New York mayor fears current Democratic candidates are not equipped to defeat Trump, adviser says

Guardian staff and agencies
                        Published:00:52 Fri 8 November 2019

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, is opening the door to a possible 2020 presidential campaign.

Bloomberg announced earlier this year that he would not seek the Democratic nomination. Michael Bloomberg reportedly preparing for presidential run – live
                        But in a statement on Thursday afternoon, his political adviser Howard Wolfson said that Bloomberg was worried that the current crop of Democratic presidential candidates was “not well positioned” to defeat Donald Trump.

AdvertisementHide
                        A Bloomberg adviser said the former mayor had not made a final decision on whether to run.

But he is expected to file to get on the ballot in Alabama’s Democratic presidential primary. The Alabama primary takes place on 3 March.

Alabama has an early filing deadline and is among the states that vote on so-called Super Tuesday, the nickname for the large number of state contests held that day in the process to choose the Democratic party nominee to challenge Trump for the White House next November.

He could file the necessary paperwork as early as this week, the New York Times reported.

The entry of Bloomberg into the crowded Democratic field would be a huge disrupting influence and as a centrist and former Republican, an older billionaire with a political track record who, unusually, served three terms as mayor of New York City, he could be a huge threat to current frontrunner Joe Biden.

The 77-year-old co-founded his eponymous financial information and media company Bloomberg in 1981 and is now worth an estimated $52bn, according to Forbes magazine, making him the ninth-richest person in the US and the 14th in the world.

AdvertisementHide
                        He studied at Johns Hopkins University and Harvard and joined the financial industry at Salomon Brothers in 1966.

Bloomberg served as mayor of New York for 12 years and one of his best-known early actions was to ban smoking in bars in the city in 2003. He later became a strong advocate of gun control and in 2006 co-founded a campaign group against illegal firearms that drew the support of 1,000 mayors across the US. The group has since evolved into an organization called Everytown for Gun Safety.

But he was also something of a divisive figure, especially economically, in New York, seen by critics as a relentless gentrifier who encouraged and incentivized countless huge development projects across the city while affordable housing became more scarce. Tourism to the city soared while he was in office and projects such as the popular High Line park appeared alongside shiny new skyscrapers.

Social media broke out the “Ok Bloomer” jokes on Thursday afternoon, a take on the popular Gen Z retort to anyone perceived to be a patronizing older person: “Ok Boomer”.59 people are talking about this
                        He won more respect than affection among New Yorkers – only four mayors have served three terms. He was business-minded and clearly hugely successful in that arena. He was even-keeled and very well-connected, though not especially charismatic.15 people are talking about this
                        But any prospect of Bloomberg entering the race will probably send shockwaves through the campaigns of the remaining moderate candidates, who will be hoping to maintain momentum through the November and December debates and contests in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

And despite his strong establishment political connections and solid track record, it is far from clear whether a Bloomberg candidacy would be welcomed by the Democratic party establishment.

Grassroots support could be hard to build outside of the urban better-off and white suburbs. Bloomberg’s preference for for police stop-and-frisk policies in New York was hugely unpopular with many liberals and in majority black neighborhoods, where it was persistent and sharply criticized as biased.

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                          Nice one Bloomberg, split the Democratic vote why don't you!
                          what does it matter, after the democrats choose 1 nominee, thats it... it would be worse if he was an independent.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Personally I think Bloomberg throwing his hat into the ring only signifies how the current hats are so crap going up against Trump
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Democrats haven´t sourced any gem since Obama....
                              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

what does it matter, after the democrats choose 1 nominee, thats it... it would be worse if he was an independent.
                                Thank god for that! Was half asleep when I read that article, was sure that it mentioned that he was standing as an independent!

Comment

Working...
                                X