No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem for Trump is we're almost certainly heading into a recession. The indices are grim.

Comment

The pile on by prominent Republicans (McConnell especially) about the Syria decision was significant....that would not have happened a few weeks back. He has been weakened. They are not ready yet to back impeachment but looking to disagree on policy. Impeachment will depend on 1) him holding his majority of Republicans in polls (dissident Rs dont want to be primaried) and his ability to drag Pence down with him (hello President Pelosi)

Comment

Going for him was to some extent a vent for frustration at having to be silent on Ukraine. He is weakened though, somewhat, patience is running thinner Most of the world is shocked/stunned at the unrestrained wildness of his behaviour. It reminds me a bit of one of those prison riots (the Manchester one maybe 20 years ago?) when a group gets onto the roof, throws slates at everybody, demands all prisoners are acquited and the police themselves locked up. It sort of guarantees that when the 'fun' is over there's a gonna be the mother of all reckonings. 'Cos Trumps behaviour is absolutely certain to end in disaster, hopefully only for him and his spineless enablers. Such is the hubris he's abandoned any thought to maintaining allies other than his 'base' and they are a rabble and won't be any use to him when the house of cards crumbles.
        A president can't be indicted but he can be sued is my understanding. Why doesn't Biden sue the permatan off him over claims he took millions out of Ukraine and China, transparent defamation without a shred of evidence. Trump would have to testify in court which would leave him open to other embarrassing lines of questioning?
        Last edited by tippete7trees; 10th-October-2019, 04:48.

Comment

There’s no law that says a President can’t be indicted. That’s a justice department position, and hasn’t been tested in Court.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
            There’s no law that says a President can’t be indicted. That’s a justice department position, and hasn’t been tested in Court.
            The worrild is a better place with that pedantry.
            We're well aware of that (should have wrote 'wont'), but it might just as well be illegal with Freddie Flintstone in the DoJ.
            Last edited by tippete7trees; 10th-October-2019, 07:36.

Comment

Seemingly he's abandoned the Kurds because 'they didn't help us out in Normandy' and he'll have a quiet word with the US Diplomat's wife who did a runner after killing a young motorcyclist in the UK
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                Going for him was to some extent a vent for frustration at having to be silent on Ukraine. He is weakened though, somewhat, patience is running thinner Most of the world is shocked/stunned at the unrestrained wildness of his behaviour. It reminds me a bit of one of those prison riots (the Manchester one maybe 20 years ago?) when a group gets onto the roof, throws slates at everybody, demands all prisoners are acquited and the police themselves locked up. It sort of guarantees that when the 'fun' is over there's a gonna be the mother of all reckonings. 'Cos Trumps behaviour is absolutely certain to end in disaster, hopefully only for him and his spineless enablers. Such is the hubris he's abandoned any thought to maintaining allies other than his 'base' and they are a rabble and won't be any use to him when the house of cards crumbles.
                A president can't be indicted but he can be sued is my understanding. Why doesn't Biden sue the permatan off him over claims he took millions out of Ukraine and China, transparent defamation without a shred of evidence. Trump would have to testify in court which would leave him open to other embarrassing lines of questioning?
                When you make a clear statement that a President can’t be indicted, I don’t think it is fair to call it pedantic to point out that you are incorrect.

Comment

Fair enough Viigand. I've stood down the punishment squad

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    Seemingly he's abandoned the Kurds because 'they didn't help us out in Normandy' and he'll have a quiet word with the US Diplomat's wife who did a runner after killing a young motorcyclist in the UK
                    She was never going to get sent back. It was an accident however careless it was. Generally diplomatic immunity is only waived where there is active criminality. But one beauty of it is Boris' laughable illusion that he had some influence with Trump. Another hit on the wally.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                      She was never going to get sent back. It was an accident however careless it was. Generally diplomatic immunity is only waived where there is active criminality. But one beauty of it is Boris' laughable illusion that he had some influence with Trump. Another hit on the wally.
                      See the orange moron has had his Sate Dept. briefing notes on display when talking about Harry Dunn case, UK told she not going back. Parents being lied to by Johnson and Raab.
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Looks like Turkey has bombed some US special forces on the Syrian border https://www.newsweek.com/us-troops-syria-turkey-1464727
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                          Looks like Turkey has bombed some US special forces on the Syrian border https://www.newsweek.com/us-troops-syria-turkey-1464727
                          Wonder if the Trump will turn on Turkey like he did with his previous allies the Kurds.....
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post

Wonder if the Trump will turn on Turkey like he did with his previous allies the Kurds.....
                            Did the Turks help him in Normandy?
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I missed Shepard Smith's sudden departure from Fox News at the weekend. Apparently even his colleagues didn't know he was going to announce that it was his last newscast live on air.

Fox News is shifting lately, and is wobbling in its outright support for Trump. But Smith leaving only underlines the view that extreme Trump supporters like Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson will dominate even more.

According to Forbes, Carlson had become increasingly disillusioned at the station, where he had worked since its founding. But I liked his Ted Kennedy-esque sign-off: "Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day, that the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will survive”
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.nyti...imony.amp.html

Tings not quite shimmying along the way the lard ar5e mobster wannabe buffoon fantasies.

p.s. If Sondland tells everything he knows, it will be devastating for Trump
                                Last edited by tippete7trees; 15th-October-2019, 06:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X