No announcement yet.

President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of the people he's screwed over will vote for him again, especially if he gets his war with Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
      I think a lot of the people he's screwed over will vote for him again, especially if he gets his war with Iran.

He needs them all to vote for him again. Every single one of them. Plus a few more if the complacent Dems who refused to vote for Hilary come out to vote for the Dem candidate - which they will.

If he gets a war with Iran it could change, yes. But I'd say him getting re-elected is, on balance, less likely than him being elected, which was very unlikely (thought clearly not impossible).
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/p...lege-race.html

The majority of Americans disapprove of President Trump. But Democrats will still have a hard time defeating him. Here’s why.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
          Some interesting figures I saw today that surprised me in their scale, but perhaps explain the sustainability of the US's current growth.

New Budget deal in Washington will make the fiscal deficit this year just over $1 trillion, up from $779 billion last year. It was $587 billion in Obama's last year in office, so he's knocking on for doubling the fiscal deficit.

National debt was $19bn when Trump took power, and passed $22 trillion this month. The govt will pay more than $350bn this year to service that debt.

This makes a few things clear:

The Trump tax cuts did not pay for themselves. They shifted a massive tax cut for the rich onto a debt pile that is paid for by the whole country.

The Republicans who threatened to bring the entire govt to a halt several times to disrupt Obama's stimulus spending have cheered all of this on.

This deficit is being run while the US sees the longest growth run since the Civil War. At this point in his presidency, Clinton was running a 2% surplus.

When this goes pop, we are all ****ed. ****ed. Germany is showing signs of heading into recession. A no deal Brexit will ensure one in the UK. The US is sustaining growth through deficit levels that I would have been 100% sure not long ago were a total political impossibility.

What it makes unclear is what in the ever loving **** have the Democrats been doing while this spending ratcheted up?

Numbers courtesy of Andrew Neil on Twitter.
          The only thing Trump sort of has going for him is the economy. It's a con for the reason you give above. BTW, 21 Trillion dollars is 1.2 Million dollars every hour since the Christian era began. If due to some shock or big recession (certain absolutely if we keep going like this and might be a good lesson the for the US if Trump wins next year cos the economy has zero chance of keeping this up for 4 more years - the crash could wipe out extreme capitalism for ever) In such a crash the dollar will collapse and the US become a Soviet Union collapse Mark2. That 21T can never be repaid. This is being ignored by the Republicans, not because they think it can't happen but because they are devoid of any shred of principle other than the fascist tactics they have sold themselves for. Chomsky said the Republican party now was the most dangerous organisation in the history of the planet as they were bent on destroying life.
          The Dems who also sold themselves are shaking like mice in front of Trump and deserve to go down with the rest.
          If Mueller stands up for his investigation and does a Howe like hit job which Howe did on Thatcher the course might be crucially changed but I don't think Mueller has the spirit for that.
          Last edited by tippete7trees; 24th-July-2019, 14:30.

Comment

Sounds to me as if Mueller's testimony has handed a few big sticks that will come down on the sh*tgibbons head.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

The only thing Trump sort of has going for him is the economy. It's a con for the reason you give above. BTW, 21 Trillion dollars is 1.2 Million dollars every hour since the Christian era began. If due to some shock or big recession (certain absolutely if we keep going like this and might be a good lesson the for the US if Trump wins next year cos the economy has zero chance of keeping this up for 4 more years - the crash could wipe out extreme capitalism for ever) In such a crash the dollar will collapse and the US become a Soviet Union collapse Mark2. That 21T can never be repaid. This is being ignored by the Republicans, not because they think it can't happen but because they are devoid of any shred of principle other than the fascist tactics they have sold themselves for. Chomsky said the Republican party now was the most dangerous organisation in the history of the planet as they were bent on destroying life.
              The Dems who also sold themselves are shaking like mice in front of Trump and deserve to go down with the rest.
              If Mueller stands up for his investigation and does a Howe like hit job which Howe did on Thatcher the course might be crucially changed but I don't think Mueller has the spirit for that.
              I have to ask.

Are you on drugs?

Comment

I don't think them Dems have any choice now. They have to go for impeachment.
                Mueller has said:
                (1) They did not exonerate Trump
                (2) He chose his investigation team based on integrity and ability and never in his career ever asked the politics of a team member.
                (3) McGahn was asked by Trump to shut the inquiry and change the record to hide that
                (4) Hopeless Hicks tried to steer Trump away from Russian contacts, he refused and ordered her to be quiet about it and pretend it was about adoptions
                (5) As much as said Trump would have been indicted but for DOJ rules
                (6)To say Trump's praise for Wikileaks was problematic was an understatement.
                (7) There were multiple contacts between the Russians and the Trump team
                (8) The Russians wanted to help Trump
                (9) He did not apply for a job as FBI director
                (10) As much as said Don jn pleaded the 5th amendment over being interviewed about the Trump tower meeting.

It's clear he's taken the Democratic buffalo to water, now it's up to them. I might send them some of my drugs to give them the courage to go for it
                Last edited by tippete7trees; 24th-July-2019, 19:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Omerta View Post

I have to ask.

Are you on drugs?
                  The only drugs I need are the elixir of your marvellous posts and unique insights.

Comment

The Baltimore Sun editorial after the Wally in White House's attack on Cummings:

“We,” the board wrote, “would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are ‘good people’ among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity.

“Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.”

Comment

China has announced today that in response to Trump's tariffs it's suspending all import of American agricultural products. $5.9bn.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

You could say a lot about Scaramucci - both good and questionable but he is knowledgeable about a lot and economically literate and is respected. His turning on Trump is another brick falling from the stonewall and that could develop into a landslide if a critical mass is achieved of 'Republican' dissenters. Trump can rail and abuse on Twitter but when the Mooch says clearly that what he is saying publicly about Trump is only what Republicans are saying in private, then that is damaging for Trump and difficult for him to fight against.

Comment

Looks like it's going to take some heavy gunning from the Fed to avert recession. It will be interesting to see what's in the arsenal given that the ****ing idiot Republicans have (as they always do) ****ed all the money over the wall to their corporate sponsors.

Conservatives and fiscal responsibility my high hole. Ever expanding deficit in the longest growth run for how many centuries?

The **** may well be about to hit the fan in a very major way.

Comment

In addition to the above, the Bank of England has already largely shot its bolt with the stimulus after the Brexit referendum. I'm not sure what they've got left in the locker.

It comes to something when you're thinking that a half year recession is the best possible scenario.

Comment

"This sucker could go down"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ht2nc-0pqE

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                                Looks like it's going to take some heavy gunning from the Fed to avert recession. It will be interesting to see what's in the arsenal given that the ****ing idiot Republicans have (as they always do) ****ed all the money over the wall to their corporate sponsors.

Conservatives and fiscal responsibility my high hole. Ever expanding deficit in the longest growth run for how many centuries?

The **** may well be about to hit the fan in a very major way.
                                The Trump game right now (insofar as the moron has a game) is to push more stimulus - tax cuts and rate cuts - to try to delay the inevitable recession beyond Nov 2020. Unlikely he can delay it that long but possible. He couldn't give a **** about the LT consequences of entering a recession with huge debt, low interest rates and no fiscal flexibility. Its all about avoiding jail time in 2024. And you can be sure he will be aided and abetted in that task by the Rs.

Plan B is to blame everybody else - Fed, Dems, China, EU, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X