President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

His base aren't going to vote Democrat. They'll vote for whoever gets the Republican nomination.

The issue I think is that only a total ****ing headbanger can now win the Republican nomination.

We're into Jessie Ventura territory.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-the-far-right

Comment

Read that this morning, and I think it's a really interesting article. US politics is definitely polarising. The Democrats are even starting to sound vaguely left of centre :-)
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

His base aren't going to vote Democrat. They'll vote for whoever gets the Republican nomination.

The issue I think is that only a total ****ing headbanger can now win the Republican nomination.

We're into Jessie Ventura territory.
        Some of his base would vote for Bernie over somebody like Romney. Under Trump the realignment of US politics, which started with Reagan with traditional working class votes switiching to the Rs is still in progress. And we think if these trends as all or nothing, when in reality just a couple of percentage points here and there can make a big difference

Comment

88% of Republicans currently approve of his Presidency. That’s a fantastic position.
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            88% of Republicans currently approve of his Presidency. That’s a fantastic position.
            Only 88? Pppffff....Pathetic. If Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was the Republican President and Romain Poite was the vice.......I'd expect his tribal support to be 105%. Nixon had total GOP support until the last few weeks when the court cases got going. It plummeted 40% in about 2 weeks.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ation-evidence

Olympic standard Kipper stitching.

Comment

Satire from The Borowitz Report Sarah Huckabee Sanders Proofreads State of the Union One Last Time to Remove Any Remaining Facts

By Andy Borowitz

January 30, 2018

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is proofreading the text of tonight’s State of the Union address one last time to remove any remaining facts, Sanders confirmed on Tuesday.

While a team of wordsmiths led by the senior adviser Stephen Miller has attempted to craft an entirely fact-free address, “It’s good to have a fresh set of eyes to root out any stray accuracies that might have crept in,” Sanders said.

The press secretary said that, for example, while purging the speech of truths, she noticed a reference to the African-American unemployment rate standing at 6.8 per cent, a statistic that she deemed “unacceptably correct.”

“I read that and my Sanders sense started tingling,” she said.

Taking her blue pencil to the text, Sanders changed the number to a “better-sounding” 2.3 per cent. “That may seem like a tiny detail, but it’s stuff like that that separates the professional liars from the mere amateurs,” she said.

Once Sanders is confident that she has obliterated any lingering traces of reality from the script, she will forward it to Donald J. Trump, who will insert misspellings. “It makes him more comfortable reading it on the teleprompter if things are spelled his way,” she said.

The prospect of delivering tonight’s speech appears to have energized Trump, who tweeted early Tuesday morning that he was “very much looking forward to the Steak of the Onion.”

Comment

Mein Gott! The deranged idiot is an easy target but nonetheless a good one. Bizarre to think - if Obama had used his charitable foundation as his personal petty cash - the only money paid to any authentic recipient was the exact fee for Barron joining the scouts, about$10,...........cheeses, if idiocy was a crime the wally would be hanged.......Obama would have been crucified for less. And that's only 1 investigation of a plethora. The reckoning is a-coming though..........
                  Last edited by tippete7trees; 5th-February-2019, 19:10.

Comment

Poorly redacted docs that Manafort's lawyers had to present in court suggest that Mueller's team believe Manafort was key to a deal that consisted of sanctions on Russia being lifted in return for help to win the election. Given that Mueller has a big network of relatively bit players who've been informing the team of details and turning over evidence along with electronic etc surveillance it's very likely they are building a watertight case. Trump has this odd weakness in being (Hitler like e.g.) unable to accept inevitable defeat and my guess is he won't resign. This will mean, impeachment, removal from office (not ME gov, never, it was all the others), criminal indictment and lengthy bird.

BTW, the main reason sanctions were a big problem for Putin was the punishment they inflicted on his billionaire friends. They could be an existential danger to him.
                    Last edited by tippete7trees; 12th-February-2019, 09:30.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8774756.html

It's a great story, Bezos has managed to get a pic of dick right in the middle of Washington Post v National Enquirer mud slinging battle, his mistress might regret what she has done but Stormy might get back in the publicity game as she has intimate knowledge of Trump's dick.

Fair play to Bezos for not backing down.

Comment

Their highest national debt in their history was passed tonight. They're 22 trillion in the red

When alll of his grift, theft and malpractice in charge of their government goes bang, whether he's in office or after, the mess will take decades to clean up.

If the orange wanker causes a world war it wouldn't be an eyebrow raiser anymore
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Satire from The Borowitz Report El Chapo Says He Is Victim of Phony Witch Hunt

By Andy Borowitz

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—In his first interview since being found guilty on all counts in his U.S. trial, the Mexican drug lord Joaquín (El Chapo) Guzmán called himself the victim of a “phony witch hunt.”

The former cartel leader made his blistering comments in a phone call to the television program “Fox & Friends,” whose hosts appeared surprised that he had somehow gained access to a phone and was able to get through to them.

“It was a phony witch hunt,” El Chapo said, of his trial. “It was a phony, rigged witch hunt, and the charges against me were fake news and a disgrace.”

Questioned whether he had worked in concert with other drug lords to bring narcotics into the United States, El Chapo said, “There was no collusion. And there was no evidence of collusion, because there was no collusion.”

But the former drug kingpin reserved his harshest words for the F.B.I. and its former director James Comey.

“Lying and leaking Jim Comey is a showboat and a disaster,” he said.

Asked to give his impression of the American justice system, El Chapo said, “I think it’s very bad when someone like me, who is running a business and creating jobs and helping the economy, is harassed and treated unfairly. I think it’s a disgrace and, frankly, very sad.”

Comment

Trump has a BP of 118/80 and a resting heart rate of 70.

Apparently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3-9a5b113ecd3c
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Fake news. He’s an orange, fat bar steward
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Agent Orange has signed his national emergency wall thingy

Need wall

Must have wall

Wall

I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X