President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
    More so than calling a place a sh!thole?
    Calling Haiti a sh1t-hole is not patronising.
    It's an opinion of the place that many including those criticising Trump would probably privately agree with.
    (Clearly you do too though you weaseled your way around saying it directly. "less than wonderful", rofl.)
    That they are outraged with his saying something that they themselves believe, probably says more about them than about him.
    PS I'm amused at the way you regard yourself as a pastor for young munsterfans.
    Last edited by Fantom; 12-January-2018, 11:34.

Comment

‘****hole countries’? Words worthy of a racist-in-chief

Richard WolffeDonald Trump has made no secret of his bigotry. The sad truth is his comments about Haiti and Africa reflect the US’s storic r

‘There’s a clear thread connecting your racism about immigration to historic racism in the country your family adopted as home.’ Photograph: Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty ImagesContact author

Fri 12 Jan ‘18 11.20 GMTLast modified on Fri 12 Jan ‘18 12.01 GMT

Donald Trump knows a thing or two about “****holes” – the label he apparently bestowed on El Salvador, Haiti and various African nations during an Oval Office meeting about immigration. His own father was reportedly so ashamed of coming from Germany – widely considered to be a “****hole” by Americans fighting in two world wars – that he pretended for most of his life that he was Swedish.
      These Aryan dreams glowed all blond and bright through Trump’s seminal book, The Art of the Deal, in which he claimed his father arrived as a child from Sweden like some kind of Nordic dreamer.
      And they persist to this day inside the White House, where the 45th president of the United States wonders why oh why can’t we get more Norwegians to restock the racial purity of our immigrant bloodlines?
      Before the Finns complain about prejudice, we need to have a frank discussion, Mr President.

Trump pans immigration proposal as bringing people from '****hole countries'

You don’t need to be ashamed of your own “****hole” past. Like you, my family also hails from a “****hole”. Half my family comes from Morocco, which is an African country. Like you, I was even born in a “****hole” part of a nation that was once frequented by Viking invaders. I grew up in Birmingham, which you might think of as the Queens of England. (Memo to the White House: Not the Queen of England. She’s totally different, although she’s also from a German family.)
      Just as all those snooty Manhattan types disdain your birthplace, most of London sneers at mine. I feel your pain. Us ****holers need to stick together. There’s hope for us, you know. You became president because your Russian friends thought you’d be good for a giggle. I learned how to read and write, and chanced upon a job as a typist. It’s funny how immigration opens doors like that.
      Far too many people are surprised by your racism, which is as ignorant as it is blatant. This is confusing because you’ve made no secret of your attitudes.
      You started this political trip by insisting that America’s first black president wasn’t really American, despite all evidence to the contrary. You seem driven by an irrational hatred of everything Obama: you even blamed him on Thursday for building a new US embassy in London, even though the decision was taken by his white Republican predecessor. You campaigned against Mexico by peddling the libel that the country was sending its criminals and rapists to America. You now want to kick out 200,000 immigrants from El Salvador who keep the economy humming in your new hometown of Washington.

When neo-Nazis marched in Charlottesville, carrying torches and shouting about racial purity, you said they were good people. You endorsed the Britain First brand of neo-Nazism by sharing its racist lies on Twitter.
      With a depressing frequency, you have made it clear that you are literally a neo-Nazi sympathizer. If at some stage you promote eugenics on Twitter, we will save a few letters on our character counts and simply call you a neo-Nazi.
      For now, your power to shock says more about us than it does about you. Some people were genuinely ready to believe you were considering a deal on immigration after you allowed the TV cameras to broadcast your civil discussioninside the cabinet room on Tuesday. The media seemed surprised that you could speak like a sane person without dribbling on to your shoes.

This is of course a low bar. But so is feeling outrage about your recent comments about Haitians and Africans.

We could spend some time celebrating the fact that there’s still consensus about hating your blithering racism. But we’re far better off if we understand that you aren’t some alien invasion, even if your family were aliens from a country you were ashamed of until recently.

There’s a clear thread connecting your racism about immigration to historic racism in the country your family adopted as home.

One of your first executive actions in office was the Muslim travel ban. Perhaps your advisers haven’t told you this, but the courts certainly noticed that its racial and religious underpinnings run counter to the landmark 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act. That legislation overturned the racist attitudes that you share, enshrined into immigration laws in the 1920s which kept non-Aryans out of America.
      Those 1920s laws did not happen by chance. They were shaped by supposedly expert testimony from advocates of the new pseudo-science of eugenics.

They were a singular achievement of the newly revived Ku Klux Klan, which found fresh converts by spewing hate about Jewish and Catholic immigrants even as it sought to revive the racist corpses of the confederacy. The Klan liked to say they were keeping America for Americans.
      When he signed those immigration restrictions into law, President Calvin Coolidge said: “America must remain American.”

Sounds familiar? Ask your attorney general Jeff Sessions about that 1924 law, because he told one Steve Bannon (before he “lost his mind”) that America did really well after that eugenics-inspired law took hold. Then the country went downhill after the 1965 reforms. “We’re on a path to surge far past what the situation was in 1924,” Sessions told Bannon on his radio show in 2015.

'Unkind, divisive, elitist': international outcry over Trump's '****hole countries' remark

No wonder you found it so hard to disavow the KKK during your presidential campaign.

Those who disavow Trump now are the only glimmers of hope. We salute you, Mia Love, the former rising star of the Republican party, who represents Utah in Congress and whose family has Haitian origins. “The president must apologise to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned,” she declared.

Those who seek to justify or even celebrate Trump must face as much public disgust as the racist-in-chief himself. Yes, we’re looking at you Tucker Carlson, Fox News host, who insists that Trump is just speaking truth to liberals. Or perhaps Tucker and friends still believe in the Donald Trump who said this to Haitian-American voters late in the presidential election: “Whether you vote for me or not, I really want to be your biggest champion.”

If this is what it looks like when Trump is their biggest champion, it’s time for Haitians to ask the president to stand down. They have surely suffered enough.

Richard Wolffe is a Guardian columnist

Topics

I am the million man.

Comment

America - definitely not a **** hole.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

No off-shore oil drilling in Florida. Now, that's a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
            Trump has also called off his visit to UK in February to open new US Embassy. Apparently he wants it built in a less sensitive capital in the UK.....like maybe Edinburgh.

I made the last bit up but truth is stranger than fiction with this administration.
            From todays Indo (in turn using the Telegraph) ..... can it get zanier ???

Earlier yesterday, Mr Trump spoke to ‘The Wall Street Journal’, and claimed that he has developed a positive relationship with North Korea’s leader.
            “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un, ”said Mr Trump, despite there being no formal contact between US and North Korean officials in decades.
            “I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised.”

Asked if he has spoken with Mr Kim, Mr Trump replied: “I don’t want to comment on it. I’m not saying I have or haven’t. I just don’t want to comment.”
            The president has called the nation’s leader a “maniac,” a “bad dude,” mocked him as “short and fat,” and referred to him repeatedly as “rocket man.” Mr Kim in response has warned he would “tame the mentally deranged US dotard with fire”.
            Mr Trump told the paper, however, that his Twitter insults were simply part of his game plan. (© Daily Telegraph, London)
            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Von Clownstick now denying he used the term "****hole countries" despite the WH not offering a denial yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                Calling Haiti a sh1t-hole is not patronising.
                It's an opinion of the place that many including those criticising Trump would probably privately agree with.
                (Clearly you do too though you weaseled your way around saying it directly. "less than wonderful", rofl.)
                That they are outraged with his saying something that they themselves believe, probably says more about them than about him.
                PS I'm amused at the way you regard yourself as a pastor for young munsterfans.
                i'll just put this here.

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

This "****hole" stuff won't move his approval ratings much. If you were enough of a dick to vote for him then him having a cut off half an island in the Caribbean won't bother you. This, on the other hand, is where he can be got at:

"Despite many promises from President Trump that he would bring back coal jobs, the industry has only added 500 jobs, or a 1% increase, during his first year in office.

And now a coal mine near the Pennsylvania-West Virginia border is due to close, costing 370 of those jobs."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news...ing/index.html
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    i'll just put this here.

The Ana Navarro who supported the contras in nicaragua.

Comment

Sadly true, but what it does is mobilize even more the 60-65% who dont approve to go out and vote. Turnout was key for the Dems wins in VA and AL
                      And make it less likely for him to ever get past his core support - even if the economy continues to do well - and win re-election
                      And make the ones determined to have him impeached more likely to continue

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                      This "****hole" stuff won't move his approval ratings much. If you were enough of a dick to vote for him then him having a cut off half an island in the Caribbean won't bother you. This, on the other hand, is where he can be got at:

"Despite many promises from President Trump that he would bring back coal jobs, the industry has only added 500 jobs, or a 1% increase, during his first year in office.

And now a coal mine near the Pennsylvania-West Virginia border is due to close, costing 370 of those jobs."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news...ing/index.html

Comment

Comment

Great cover but his fat face should be much more orange
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Millions of bottles of piss to go to waste following cancelled Trump visit

January 12, 2018

Written by Lucas Wilde

Britain’s stockpiles of bottled piss have been accumulated for naught after Donald Trump said he was staying at home.

Following the cancellation of Donald Trump’s official visit to the UK, protesters and typically reasonable people have been forced to dispose of their stored bottles by burying them in the woods, nestling them amongst a supermarket shelf full of Lucozade, or throwing them from the upper deck of a moving bus.

“I’m bloody annoyed,” confirmed Simon Williams, punting his bottle of piss over a fence and into a school playground.

“I had a wonderful day out planned, right down to the sandwiches I was going to make – ham, cheese and pickle. I was really going to push the boat out and make the most of Donald Trump’s visit by drenching him in the piss I’ve been saving up since the early summer.

“I’d even purchased a massive pump-action super soaker, which I would have definitely thrown away after the event… I mean, just imagine.

“I’ve got another forty-seven bottles of stale piss hanging around the house – most of it in the airing cupboard ‘ripening’.

“God knows what I’m going to do with them, but the wife is insistent that they’ve got to go now that Trump says he’s not coming. She’s so fussy about stuff like this – it’s probably OCD.

“To be honest, I don’t know why the President even cancelled. It’s my vague understanding that he likes having piss poured over him.

“This would have been like a day out at a water park for him.”
                              I am the million man.

Comment

'S---hole' projected onto Trump hotel

[IMG]https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w680/thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/hotel****hole.jpg?itok=jxtLj1W3[/IMG]
                                psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X