President Trump - Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    Which is as offensive and racist as it gets. Trump 2018 - nothing has changed.
    Ah yes Haiti, jewel of the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
      Ah yes Haiti, jewel of the Caribbean.
      You too then.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

You too then.
        You're better off not bothering, it never amounts to anything constructive.
        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

So he is not coming to the UK as the previous embassy was sold off on the cheap by Obama - US leased the land, hard to sell something you don't own and it was George W Bush who made the decision to move it not Obama.

#fakenews

Comment

Which is as offensive and racist as it gets. Trump 2018 - nothing has changed.
            its who he is - an unabashed racist.
            he has no shame, and makes no apologies - the ones who have to look deep are the ones who voted for him, and continue to support him, including his supporters in Congress.
            He represents the worst of the US and the stain of his presidency will take a long time to wash away - if ever.
            you can only hope that by exposing the prejudices of people like him they can be somehow be dealt with

Comment

Trump only wants "merit-based", clean, white European immigrants from named countries like Norway (which is 98% white). Not immigrants from named "****hole" countries like Haiti (which is 95%+ black).

Enda Kenny's speech in DC on the Irish being the "wretched refuse" will age well in my opinion, and fair play to him for hitting Trump with it. (Not that is had the slightest impact).
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

You too then.
                According to one definition I've seen online, a sh1t-hole is an extremely dirty, shabby , or otherwise unpleasant place.
                Plenty of people go on holiday to the other half of Hispaniola but I never hear of people going on holiday to the Haitian side.
                I guess most people feel it's a sh1t-hole however upsetting you find that.

Comment

According to one definition I've seen online, a sh1t-hole is an extremely dirty, shabby , or otherwise unpleasant place.
                  Plenty of people go on holiday to the other half of Hispaniola but I never hear of people going on holiday to the Haitian side.
                  I guess most people feel it's a sh1t-hole however upsetting you find that.
                  If Bernard Manning back in the day made a comment like that he would rightly be called out as racist surely the US deserves better from their public representatives.

To put it in context I worked in Burundi a coutry wracked by years of civil war and insecurity. It is a stunningly beautiful country filled with millions of people struggling against the odds to have a good life for their families. Ethiopia another amazing country and the list can go on and on. It is only the ignorant and racist who would see it acceptable as describing any of these as above.

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                    So he is not coming to the UK as the previous embassy was sold off on the cheap by Obama - US leased the land, hard to sell something you don't own and it was George W Bush who made the decision to move it not Obama.

#fakenews

I think he's afraid to leave the White House, his place in New Jersey or Mar a Lago. IF he went to London there WOULD be people on the streets ready to tell him what a shambles of a human being he is or worse.

When you detach from the emotional reactions he uses so effectively what has he done? Got the GOP the tax deal they wanted, played on twitter and said a load of old guff you'd hear from a barfly in the pub at 3 in the afternoon.

He's feckless, hes racist, hes actually ineffectual but people keep listening and reacting to him.

His schtick is old
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
                      If Bernard Manning back in the day made a comment like that he would rightly be called out as racist surely the US deserves better from their public representatives.

To put it in context I worked in Burundi a coutry wracked by years of civil war and insecurity. It is a stunningly beautiful country filled with millions of people struggling against the odds to have a good life for their families. Ethiopia another amazing country and the list can go on and on. It is only the ignorant and racist who would see it acceptable as describing any of these as above.
                      How patronising that sounds to the people of Burundi

Comment

He's also claimed that all Haitian migrants have AIDS.

It's effectively dog whistling.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Calling Haiti and other places ****holes is pretty laughable when in Alabama for example, hookworm, a disease thought to be eradicated in the states and now only found in poorer areas of the developing world, is thriving in black communities that have little to no functioning sanitation infrastructure. There are people in his own "great nation" who live next to open sewers, literal ****holes. And his demand for immigrants from Norway!?!?! Why would any ****ing Norwegian want to emigrate to the states? They have healthcare and a quality of life that the US would never give them. The man is an utter clown's arsehole.
                          \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

I didn't realise the Queen wasn't offering Fatarse a full state dinner at Buckingham.

What greater insult to his own self importance? He will never go to London
                            I am the million man.

Comment

How patronising that sounds to the people of Burundi
                              More so than calling a place a sh!thole?

While I know from past experience that it is utterly futile to debate anything with you I'm a bit of a loose end this morning and I don't like leaving your unique brand of bullsh!t unchallenged lest any young impressionable munsterfans happen across it and get deceived by the veneer of shiny tinfoil. So here goes:

- All reasonable people know that Haiti and El Salvador are on the whole less pleasant places to reside than the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. There are a very complicated set of reasons for that which would take a team of very smart people a lifetime to adequately examine and describe.

- However if you and I were discussing these places as holiday locations or options for a joint business venture and you were to tell me; "No thanks, Haiti/El Salvador is a sh!thole". I could readily accept that you appreciate that there are thousands of wonderful things about both places but that you'd frankly not want to waste your time/money/personal safety with them because of the millions of other things that are less than wonderful. This would not really be an indication of racism or superiority on your part but a frank and colloquial assessment of a reality.

- When the President of the United States, in the context of discussing immigration policy, calls these places sh!tholes he is explicitly denigrating the people who come from there. He is not participating in a discussion of where to go on holiday or event where US aid money should be prioritized. He is discussing which people are allowed to "wipe their feet on my welcome mat and sit on my sofa". He is conjuring images (deliberately or not) of unworthy and inferior human beings that should not be allowed to enter. When he counterpoints this with Norway this is racism and white supremacy - no dog whistles needed.

I do believe that you are smart enough and educated enough to tell the difference between these. The fact that you choose to make a moral equivalence between them speaks volumes to your character.

Comment

Best comment I heard about this is that it was a stroke of genius by Trump.

Now, if you google "Trump" and "shíthole" you don't get hotel reviews on the first page anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X