Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Well if we weren't through the looking glass before....
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

If you thought the Bush's were beholden to the Saudi's.. it's nothing like the way they're playing Trump..

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...qatar-conflict
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Comey's opening statement which was released by the Senate Intelligence Committee as per Comey's request.
          https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...mey-060817.pdf

Comment

That's from Gingrich, Guilianni and Tami Lahren, enough said

* This refers to TWIB's post above
            Last edited by blackandwhite; 8th-June-2017, 15:34.

Comment

Remarkable restraint from Von Clownstick. I assume he was either drugged or someone hid his phone. Not so, Jnr. though. Von Clownsticks attack dogs are a bottom release his statement in the coming moments.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                Remarkable restraint from Von Clownstick. I assume he was either drugged or someone hid his phone. Not so, Jnr. though. Von Clownsticks attack dogs are a bottom release his statement in the coming moments.
                I haven't seen the tweets, but did you watch the testimony? Pretty much vindication for Trump. The whole russian thing is just a load of nonsense, he was never under investigation. Comey came out very bad, imho, seemed more interested in creating a paper trail than doing his job. Rubio? in particular undermined Comey in a few minutes. Even the obstruction of justice, which has now become the focus, seems to be weakly based. It just came across that Trump was browned off waiting on the investigation to make any progress because it was holding him back form making good on election promises. Trump came out of it well, whether people like it or not.

Comment

Don't agree, subverted standard procedures by talking to comey directly instead of via AG (even kicked AG out of the room to talk to comey) imagine your boss being asked to leave the room so his boss could have a chat on an ongoing project?

Trump was smart enough not to explicitly ask for Flynn case to be dropped but implicitly gave that steer. The man has no idea how the checks and balances of American systems work and probably doesn't care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                  - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                    Nicole Wallace gave a nice retort to that

"...but for a guy who kills baby elephants for kicks to be giving James Comey a lesson on strength of character is rich at best and pathetic at worst."

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                      Don't agree, subverted standard procedures by talking to comey directly instead of via AG (even kicked AG out of the room to talk to comey) imagine your boss being asked to leave the room so his boss could have a chat on an ongoing project?

Trump was smart enough not to explicitly ask for Flynn case to be dropped but implicitly gave that steer. The man has no idea how the checks and balances of American systems work and probably doesn't care.

Is this not the point though. He was elected by a frustrated alienated electorate who don't give two hoots for traditions, procedures or best practice. Those are just routines, not law, and they weren't even flouted to his own advantage. It's his way of doing things, which is that of a political outsider who has no vested interest or respect for the hallowed traditions of Washington, i.e, draining the swamp.
                      It's a perceptual balancing act between those who see these issues as important and those who want things done, and fast.

Comey admitted to being "stunned" and "a little bit cowardly" and also came off as being ineffectual, ponderous and downright unhelpful to the newly elected president. Comey was asked point blank, "did the russians affect one single vote in the election?" to which he responded, "No".

I think many reasonable people will see this entire episode as a complete waste of time. Comey was repeatly requested to clarify for the benefit of the USA general public, information that was common knowledge in DC (that trump was not being investigated) and repeately refused to so do despite no reason not to. A pretty good example of the type of issue that drives any reasonable person batty. I don't understand the whole Flynn angle on either side. What does Trump gain by Flynn being cleared or investigation dropped.

My impression is that most people don't care about Flynn. The Russian investigation has been revealed to be a witch-hunt, as Trump claimed, and in the absence of any more sensationalist conspiracy theories, the focus has moved onto procedural improbity, which generally bores the ass off all but invested insiders. This entire event vindicates the poor impression of washington harboured by many American's, and Trump emerges from the carnage as a victim of Left-wing media obsession because their candidate lost the election. Like most conspiracy theories, at the core, there's nothing but boring reality. It will be interesting to see the next opinion polls.

Comment

President Trump - Season One

Haha ya, a "frustrated, alienated electorate" of wealthy, died in the wool tribal republicans and racists.

Nothing particularly surprising about today, everything of substance Comey had was in his statement yesterday. There was never going to be a bombshell.

If Hilary Clinton had pressured the head of the FBI into dropping an investigation into her National Security Advisor about collusion with a foreign government the GOP would have exploded with joy. A lot of people are relying on this dumpster fire burning for 4 years though so it will keep plodding along between legislative failures and utter **** shows.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Omerta View Post
                          I haven't seen the tweets, but did you watch the testimony? Pretty much vindication for Trump. The whole russian thing is just a load of nonsense, he was never under investigation. Comey came out very bad, imho, seemed more interested in creating a paper trail than doing his job. Rubio? in particular undermined Comey in a few minutes. Even the obstruction of justice, which has now become the focus, seems to be weakly based. It just came across that Trump was browned off waiting on the investigation to make any progress because it was holding him back form making good on election promises. Trump came out of it well, whether people like it or not.
                          That's not so. Yes, Comey told him 3 times that Trump wasn't being investigated, but that isn't how an FBI investigation works. They investigate an organisation, identify lower level operatives that they have a solid case against, then use them to turn over evidence against Mr Big. Just because Comey can factually say the FBI isn't investigating Trump, it's only at that point in time. We've learned today that Flynn is in criminal jeopardy, and we know his lawyer has said his client wants to do a deal.

Comey is a flawed character, but what will play out is that he is a truthful person, and that's the kicker in this today.

Even Chris Wallace from Fox News thinks so

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/fox-...the-president/

Fox News’ Chris Wallace: Comey’s testimony was ‘very damaging to the president’
                          Brad Reed
                          Video at link~
                          08 Jun 2017 at 13:32 ET

Fox News’ Chris Wallace didn’t mince any words for his audience on Thursday: Former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony was very bad news for President Donald Trump.

Specifically, Wallace was struck by the fact that Comey repeatedly said that Trump is a liar.

“Politically, I thought it was very damaging to the president,” Wallace said on Fox shortly after Comey’s testimony ended. “Repeatedly, James Comey called the president a liar, said that he lied that the FBI was in disarray, that he defamed him, defamed the FBI. said that the reason he kept those kinds of notes in the first place was because this was the kind of man who would lie about those kinds of things.”

Wallace also noted that it was wholly inappropriate not only for Trump to ask Comey to drop the Flynn investigation, but also to kick Vice President Mike Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions out of the room before doing so.

“It’s not good stuff to have said on national television,” he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                            That's not so. Yes, Comey told him 3 times that Trump wasn't being investigated, but that isn't how an FBI investigation works. They investigate an organisation, identify lower level operatives that they have a solid case against, then use them to turn over evidence against Mr Big. Just because Comey can factually say the FBI isn't investigating Trump, it's only at that point in time. We've learned today that Flynn is in criminal jeopardy, and we know his lawyer has said his client wants to do a deal.

Comey is a flawed character, but what will play out is that he is a truthful person, and that's the kicker in this today.

Even Chris Wallace from Fox News thinks so
                            What would you call Trump?
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
                              "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

President Trump - Season One

Comey is beyond flawed, he's the reason the White House is currently occupied by a self-obsessed man child with the IQ of a salad. I hope all of this ruins him.

Comment

Working...
                                X