Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the topics of excrement and karma.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On the topics of excrement and karma.

    Now folks, we all agree that schadenfreude isn't very nice.

    But I am so very pleased that a certain former President of USIT and former SIPTU official who was elected as a Labour TD for a West of Ireland constituency, only to cross the floor and join Fianna Fail "on an issue of principle" when the going got tough, was adjudicated a bankrupt last week, due to a property play that blew up in his face.

    Tough on his wife (who he employed as his parliamentary assistant) and his kids - but even tougher on his creditors who won't get a cent from the self-professed part-time "Socialist" cum developer.

    But, bullsh1t and ersatz sympathy apart, it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    Last edited by Old Dog; 3rd-July-2016, 20:03.
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

    #2
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    Now folks, we all agree that schadenfreude isn't very nice.

    But I am so very pleased that a certain former President of USIT and former SIPTU official who was elected as a Labour TD for a West of Ireland constituency, only to cross the floor and join Fianna Fail "on an issue of principle" when the going got tough, was adjudicated a bankrupt last week, due to a property play that blew up in his face.

    Tough on his wife (who he employed as his parliamentary assistant) and his kids - but even tougher on his creditors who won't get a cent from the self-professed part-time "Socialist" cum developer.

    But, bullsh1t and ersatz sympathy apart, it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    It's a bit like Reilly being named in Stubbs gazette I guess.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by McCloud View Post
      It's a bit like Reilly being named in Stubbs gazette I guess.
      Bad guess!

      In fact, it couldn't be more different!

      The difference (in simple, idiot-proof terms) is that James Reilly paid his Stubbs debt in full, whereas the Irish taxpayer will end up paying off Keaveney's.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
        Bad guess!

        In fact, it couldn't be more different!

        The difference (in simple, idiot-proof terms) is that James Reilly paid his Stubbs debt in full, whereas the Irish taxpayer will end up paying off Keaveney's.
        While Reilly was a debtor and managed to pay off his debt that made him the only debtor in this states history while a minister I'd guess it was Irish tax payers money that helped him to that.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by McCloud View Post

          While Reilly was a debtor and managed to pay off his debt that made him the only debtor in this states history while a minister I'd guess it was Irish tax payers money that helped him to that.
          Are you quite certain that Reilly is the "only debtor in this state's history while a minister" or was that just those voices in your head again? I suspect the latter.

          A more intelligent poster would probably have written that Reilly was "the first Minister in the history of this state to have a debt published in Stubbs"
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

          Comment


            #6
            Four legs good, two legs bad? Eh McCloud. Keep digging...
            If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
              Four legs good, two legs bad? Eh McCloud. Keep digging...

              Here's a rare chance to see McCloud on the tellie - in fairness, he makes a lot of sense!

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfqSFQlDae8
              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                Are you quite certain that Reilly is the "only debtor in this state's history while a minister" or was that just those voices in your head again? I suspect the latter.

                A more intelligent poster would probably have written that Reilly was "the first Minister in the history of this state to have a debt published in Stubbs"
                Lots of people don't get published, deals need to be made
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                  Here's a rare chance to see McCloud on the tellie - in fairness, he makes a lot of sense!

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfqSFQlDae8
                  Show's how little you know about me to be honest.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                    Show's how little you know about me to be honest.
                    I wouldn't be so sure about that! I reckon that that chap's hilarious imitation of a donkey braying was right on the money! Although you do have better teeth!
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      Now folks, we all agree that schadenfreude isn't very nice.

                      But I am so very pleased that a certain former President of USIT and former SIPTU official who was elected as a Labour TD for a West of Ireland constituency, only to cross the floor and join Fianna Fail "on an issue of principle" when the going got tough, was adjudicated a bankrupt last week, due to a property play that blew up in his face.

                      Tough on his wife (who he employed as his parliamentary assistant) and his kids - but even tougher on his creditors who won't get a cent from the self-professed part-time "Socialist" cum developer.

                      But, bullsh1t and ersatz sympathy apart, it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
                      **** happens.
                      Gwan Joe!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                        Bad guess!

                        In fact, it couldn't be more different!

                        The difference (in simple, idiot-proof terms) is that James Reilly paid his Stubbs debt in full, whereas the Irish taxpayer will end up paying off Keaveney's.
                        Seeing as you brought up the topic has government chief whip Regina Doherty paid her revenue bill and creditors after her failed business venture?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                          Seeing as you brought up the topic has government chief whip Regina Doherty paid her revenue bill and creditors after her failed business venture?
                          Writes one of Slab Murphy's biggest admirers, with the kind of brash insouciance that would make a Vegas hooker blush.

                          I'll tell you what, sonny, when your beloved Gerry "three gaffs" Adams and his fellow Scum Féin cultists have paid their water charges, I'll happily discuss the subject of non-payment of creditors with you. But until that, I suggest that you remain concealed in your septic tank with the rest of the toxic bacteria.

                          (As an aside, isn't it fascinating the kind of dungflies that a thread with the word "excrement" in its title attracts?)
                          Last edited by Old Dog; 5th-July-2016, 10:14.
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I see yet that another of Corporal Popgun's "Good Republican" heroes is up to his neck in tax evasion; CAB are chasing him for €3.5m. If I were the Corporal then I'd be working flat out to find a better class of hero to slobber over!

                            Coincidentally, the IRA wing of Scum Féin moved a Dáil motion defending the tax thief in our national parliament during the week.
                            Both Gunrunner Ferris and Sleeveen O'Caoláwn were almost in tears as they described the shooting of five of the said scumbag's cattle by the Defence Forces. And there are very few people in the Dáil who can speak about murder (be it of people or of cattle) with as much authority as Gunrunner Ferris.

                            Somewhat surprisingly the less stupid of the Healy-Rae brothers also spoke out in favour of the man who just happens to be the biggest shareholder of an oil company, located just over the border!

                            "Armed gardaí needed to search farm where cattle killed
                            Criminal Assets Bureau had €3.48 million judgment against landowner John Hoey"
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                              I see yet that another of Corporal Popgun's "Good Republican" heroes is up to his neck in tax evasion; CAB are chasing him for €3.5m. If I were the Corporal then I'd be working flat out to find a better class of hero to slobber over!

                              Coincidentally, the IRA wing of Scum Féin moved a Dáil motion defending the tax thief in our national parliament during the week.
                              Both Gunrunner Ferris and Sleeveen O'Caoláwn were almost in tears as they described the shooting of five of the said scumbag's cattle by the Defence Forces. And there are very few people in the Dáil who can speak about murder (be it of people or of cattle) with as much authority as Gunrunner Ferris.

                              Somewhat surprisingly the less stupid of the Healy-Rae brothers also spoke out in favour of the man who just happens to be the biggest shareholder of an oil company, located just over the border!

                              "Armed gardaí needed to search farm where cattle killed
                              Criminal Assets Bureau had €3.48 million judgment against landowner John Hoey"
                              By the way I have reported your post for the use of the term "Scum Féin " - it will be interesting to see if there is any response - hopefully you will be suitably cautioned...
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                              Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X