Dynasty aka the Healy-Raes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynasty aka the Healy-Raes

I think they are deserving of their own thread.

Danny's daughter was given her dad's council seat after he got elected to the dail. Now she's busy working on keeping it in the next local elections...

Dáil envelopes used to promote Healy-Rae's daughter

are they raelly?
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post

I think they are deserving of their own thread. Danny's daughter was given her dad's council seat after he got elected to the dail. Now she's busy working on keeping it in the next local elections...

Dáil envelopes used to promote Healy-Rae's daughter

The simple fact is that the muckers who elected them couldn't give a tuppenny fukc about such crass gombeenism.

Indeed the Healy-Rae clan is likely to increase their majority in the next election, as rural Ireland slides further down the greasy clientelist pole; especially given the bribes and favours that the government-supporting "rural alliance" TDs are getting in the current shabby arrangement.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
        The simple fact is that the muckers who elected them couldn't give a tuppenny fukc about such crass gombeenism.

Indeed the Healy-Rae clan is likely to increase their majority in the next election, as rural Ireland slides further down the greasy clientelist pole; especially given the bribes and favours that the government-supporting "rural alliance" TDs are getting in the current shabby arrangement.
        The simple fact of the matter is this.
        Back in our father's time, all he had to look out for was the people of south and south west kerry.
        But in their wisdom the electoral committee or whatever they're called, saw fit to amalgamate the the two constituencies into one larger one. I'm not saying that's right or wrong but anyway we have to live with it.
        Now with all of the county being in the one constituency you need a far bigger team to look after the interests and concerns of the people of north, east, south and west kerry. And thanks be to God we have that team.

Comment

I read that in a Healy-Rae accent.....

Comment

Can you add a thread to ignore list? Would be handy to stop yourself going into ones you know you should avoid.
            Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 8th-June-2016, 23:30.
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
              Can you add a thread to ignore list? Would be handy to stop yourself going into ones you know you should avoid.
              I don't think there's that facility but if I see you wandering in, I'll whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post

Now with all of the county being in the one constituency you need a far bigger team to look after the interests and concerns of the people of north, east, south and west kerry.

And thanks be to God we have that team.

Actually "we" don't!

In their wisdom (sic) the hapless natives of the 5-seater Kerry Constituency [may God be good to them and to their unfortunate children] decided to elect only a single Government TD: Dingle's Brendan Griffin (FG). The other 4 Kerry TDs are sitting in various spots n the opposition benches with about as much power between them as a bicycle pump in a hurricane.

I have no doubt that Deputy Griffin will be working his socks off to ensure that his part of the constituency will receive the lion's share of any goodies that may head Kerry's way. Meantime the other four will have to squabble over any leftover crumbs that may fall from the rich man's table.

For that reason, I was very surprised that Michael Healy-Rae, who, notwithstanding that stupid cap that he insists on wearing, is an intelligent and astute politician, didn't sign up to support Enda; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does so sometime soon.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Griffin is from Boolteens, near Castlemaine. Not Dingle . Mid Kerry as opposed to West Kerry. Not that it makes any difference to your very valid point. They must be getting tired of parliamentary questions by now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X