Replacing front and back doors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing front and back doors.

Time to replace my old munster joinery cheapo front and back doors. Thinking of going PVC. Whats the best out there and who is a good supplier, and most importantly, installer ?? Limerick area.

Munster joinery do PVC too so might be worth getting a quote from them.

Comment

Saw a TV report once that implied that non-wooden doors and windows weren't any better than wooden ones at insulating etc.
      That their lifetime was shorter than wooden ones that were maintained and that the they were more of a nuisance to get rid of when they needed replacing.
      I have no idea if that is true but wooden doors and windows look far better in my opinion.

Comment

Munster Joinery get alot of bad press because of the poor quality windows/doors which were the choice of many builders during the boom. They have many othe lines to suit most budgets and situations, their fitters are in the main first class and are good for after sales(normally within 7working days).
        I would in the past have had very little good to say about them, they have gone along way in the last 5/6 years in reversing that oppinion.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by bundi; 18th-May-2016, 08:15.

Comment

Stay away from Muns Joinery...

If in Limerick, i would give Walsh Windows a buzz, other than that try Senator.

Comment

Slightly related, does anybody know who to go to regarding replacing the seals on a front door?

Would a carpenter look after it?

Thanks.
            I'm everything they say I am
            I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy View Post
              Slightly related, does anybody know who to go to regarding replacing the seals on a front door?

Would a carpenter look after it?

Thanks.
              Some are generic, if they are munster joinery, give them a ring ,as I said above the usually have somebody out within 7 days, they are normally 15/25 percent cheaper than the competition, even if going with another supplier I would always get a price from MJ as a comparison just to keep them honest.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Munster Joinery have different ranges, different quality, and different prices to suit your budget.

Comment

I found their call out charge cruel tbh.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                  X