Clear All

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    The EU never asked them to change to Purple Passport covers

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    “Iconic” blue passports. Bats*it crazy these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Love the irony in this....

https://mobile.twitter.com/paullewis...827596800?s=12

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    The 12:01 Nuacht on RTÉ One said that Julian Smith, the NI Secretary has been given "Bata agus Bóthar" by Boris.

Isn't our First Official Language wonderfully expressive?
    Yep.

Does it literally mean taking your (walking) stick and heading down the road?

Leave a comment:

• AwayFromHome
    replied
    Ireland votes in Sinn Fein and the Boris' reply is to put Trevelyan in charge of international development. At this rate we should be experiencing a Cromwellian invasion by Easter.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    The 12:01 Nuacht on RTÉ One said that Julian Smith, the NI Secretary has been given "Bata agus Bóthar" by Boris.

Isn't our First Official Language wonderfully expressive?

Leave a comment:

• RED 49
    replied
    mad morning in uk
    • Boris Johnson is sacking ministers and appointing new ones to his cabinet
    • Chancellor Sajid Javid resigns and Rishi Sunak is appointed new chancellor
    • Michael Gove remains in role as Cabinet Office minister and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
    • Esther McVey and Andrea Leadsom both lose their jobs
    • Northern Ireland Secretary Julian Smith is sacked
    • Attorney General Geoffrey Cox leaves job

Leave a comment:

• moritz
    replied
    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Yes, agree, but I'm talking about the future trading agreement. A "no deal" scenario would horrendous for the UK, but imho wouldn't be great for Ireland either.

The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....
    The "no deal" trade scenario has been renamed by Cummings/Johnson to be called the "Australian ++ deal" and they will get away with this

Leave a comment:

• Jenta
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...math-of-brexit

David Squires in absolutely stunning form in the Guardian today.

Leave a comment:

• tippete7trees
    replied
    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

.....................The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....
    ​​​​​​More like: "The beginning of the end of the fairy world of great opportunities they expected Leaving would mean".

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    Any chance a mod could change the thread title to “The Brexit thread”? I can’t seem to be able to change a thread title.

I'll have a go in a bit, but I don't want to risk it right now in case the same issue arises as has happened previously when trying to do a bit of forum admin, and a thread disappears entirely. I'll wait till I know the frog has it completely backed up.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    Any chance a mod could change the thread title to “The Brexit thread”? I can’t seem to be able to change a thread title.

or perhaps change to "And now the turd polishing commences"

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post

It's not no-deal any more, as the Withdrawal Agreement has been signed. The citizens rights stuff and the NI protocols are at least agreed. Some mitigations of the anarchy on the way.
    Yes, agree, but I'm talking about the future trading agreement. A "no deal" scenario would horrendous for the UK, but imho wouldn't be great for Ireland either.

The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....

Leave a comment:

• lilleexile
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X