Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7094886.html

Comment

Thanks - as per above, my times are about right then.

Mind you that doesn't give MI5 much time :_wink__rvmp_by_bad_ The front page of the Daily Whail website has a big article about bringing a pen!
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Interestingly, Last Week Tonight is usually shown on Sky Atlantic late on Monday nights but was held off this week until late tonight. Apparently John Oliver did a piece that wasn't supportive of the Leave campaign. I wonder if it was British election regulations that are holding off the broadcast or is it just down to Rupert ?

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
          Interestingly, Last Week Tonight is usually shown on Sky Atlantic late on Monday nights but was held off this week until late tonight. Apparently John Oliver did a piece that wasn't supportive of the Leave campaign. I wonder if it was British election regulations that are holding off the broadcast or is it just down to Rupert ?
          It's been on Youtube for the last three days.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Thanks, I know that but I was wondering about the reason it was held off (anyway my PC at work has no sound...)

Comment

Doubt if there's any regulations re UK referendums re TV, certainly not in the press, down completely to Rupert i'd say. Irish rule sonly because we have a constitution (and Dana)
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                Doubt if there's any regulations re UK referendums re TV, certainly not in the press, down completely to Rupert i'd say. Irish rule sonly because we have a constitution (and Dana)
                It could have been that the programme was on during the break in campaigning for Jo Cox's death. I don't like Murdoch but it should be noted that the Times was in the Remain camp alongside the Sun in leave so he might not be quite as dogmatic as is assumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chaos in London for anyone commuting sauf of the river. This was Waterloo earlier on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160623_190716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2487706
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Good, the south east are more likely to vote leave

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      Chaos in London for anyone commuting sauf of the river. This was Waterloo earlier on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14092[/ATTACH]
                      Any reason? People getting home to vote or what
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                        EU immigrants deliberately stopping vote leavers getting to the polls?

Hopefully.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                          Biblical rain, apparently. London's been ****ed all day.

In other news, headbangers complaining about being given pencils to mark their ballots. One kicking off at the polling station when my cousin went to vote.

Like the grand conspiring powers of darkness set on fixing the vote decided that the best way was individually erasing votes by hand one at a time.

Some ****ing people. Anyone raising the issue should have the pencil taken off them and be shown the door.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            Biblical rain, apparently. London's been ****ed all day.

In other news, headbangers complaining about being given pencils to mark their ballots. One kicking off at the polling station when my cousin went to vote.

Like the grand conspiring powers of darkness set on fixing the vote decided that the best way was individually erasing votes by hand one at a time.

Some ****ing people. Anyone raising the issue should have the pencil taken off them and be shown the door.
                            This sounds like vote leave will win

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                              This sounds like vote leave will win

Turnout still high in most of the country. Well above GE rates in many places I've heard.

It will be interesting to see the effect though. The "low turnout, leave wins" formula was based on an estimated solidity of vote. That, all things being equal, the leave campaign l's voters were more motivated and came from age groups that tend to vote in higher numbers.

But with both major parties plus lib Dems set on "remain", all the ground game in the country is focused on getting out the remain vote. The debate has been contentious enough to work against apathy, and the polls tight enough to guard against complacency.

Weighing those facts, my suspicion is that an "on man and beast alike" event like this won't have an impact, even if turnout is reduced, as the motivated out voter is as likely to be stymied as the notionally relaxed in voter.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The fella who does the exit polls so successfully at GEs reckons turnout will be 66%. Think the Aussies have it right with compulsory voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X