No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably a little bit of both, but fairly incredible nonetheless.

Ultimately I think it's trying to get the EU to blink first, which isn't going to happen.

However, given the choice of another humiliation and accepting the EUs terms, or going rogue, I have little doubt that they would do the latter. People in Ireland need to wake up to how utterly malignant these bastards are.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Ultimately I think it's trying to get the EU to blink first, which isn't going to happen.

However, given the choice of another humiliation and accepting the EUs terms, or going rogue, I have little doubt that they would do the latter. People in Ireland need to wake up to how utterly malignant these bastards are.
      Boris went to get a headbanger. Australia provided.

Click image for larger version

Name:	439671.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2605629
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I think they're more worried about Kier Starmer and Boris's work ethic and appetite for his role than whats happening with Barnier.

Funny how ****e polls and this arrive within days of each other
        Starmer's forensic witness questioning is Boris' worst nightmare. If some of the PMs questions sessions recently had been a boxing match, the ref would have wrapped his arms around Boris to save his life. He makes Boris look more like Vicky Pollard than Vicky Pollard. Boris: "Yeah but, no but, yeah but but but yeah but, we are the GREATEST government ever!! with the lowest pandemic deaths except for the 50,000 old codgers who would be dead already if we didnt win Brexit yeah and its all lies started by Jeremy Corbyn who everybody knows was in the IRA and Isis!!!"
        Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Boris and the tories reckless approach to the good friday agreement and the fragile peace in the northern part of Ireland is being fueled by FG & FF continually cosying up to the arelene foster and the dup.
          Leo and meehole are playing a very dangerous game purely to prolong their own electoral situation.

Comment

I think the plastic paddy might have been right all along lads. They're never going to leave - not because the EU wants them to stay, but because they're too ****ing stupid to walk out the door.

Comment

I like this

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                I think the plastic paddy might have been right all along lads. They're never going to leave - not because the EU wants them to stay, but because they're too ****ing stupid to walk out the door.

The bould PP is already wrong on that one. They've already left!

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

So boris and the brits signed up to the legally binding withdrawal agreement to get an extension. Having used up that extension they now want to renege on the withdrawal agreement. And that moron raab is proclaiming that this this week will be a 'wake up call for the EU'. Which I think he's said multiple times before.

Think its safe to say this is the most duplicitous shower of brit government bastards since thatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                    So boris and the brits signed up to the legally binding withdrawal agreement to get an extension. Having used up that extension they now want to renege on the withdrawal agreement. And that moron raab is proclaiming that this this week will be a 'wake up call for the EU'. Which I think he's said multiple times before.

Think its safe to say this is the most duplicitous shower of brit government bastards since thatcher.
                    I don't always agree with you MT but you're spot on here. Raab in particular, is an obnoxious toad
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

Thatcher wasn't all that duplicitous. She was just a full bore, 100% proof bastard, but she pretty much said what she was going to do and then did it.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

I don't always agree with you MT but you're spot on here. Raab in particular, is an obnoxious toad
                        Most of the cabinet are thick as bottled ****e. There isn't a brain cell between Patel, Truss and Raab.

Comment

they have blatantly said they are happy to break international law. tomorrow will revieal the real detail in these ne wbills but surely they cannot be considered to be good faith actors? I think any patience the EU had with them is about to rapidly evaporate unless something amazing happens. No deal is looking the most likely outcome at this point which is frankly terrifying on top of Covid impact for many businesses
                          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

The actual text of the bill is out. It's pretty astounding.

Without getting too bombastic, there is a very bad whiff of the 1933 German Enabling Act off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

The bould PP is already wrong on that one. They've already left!
                              Don't put it beyond this lot to **** even that up!

Comment

this is a very long but a very impressive commentary on this weeks happening...

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot...anity.html?m=1
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X