No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland votes in Sinn Fein and the Boris' reply is to put Trevelyan in charge of international development. At this rate we should be experiencing a Cromwellian invasion by Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      The 12:01 Nuacht on RTÉ One said that Julian Smith, the NI Secretary has been given "Bata agus Bóthar" by Boris.

Isn't our First Official Language wonderfully expressive?
      Yep.

Does it literally mean taking your (walking) stick and heading down the road?
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Love the irony in this....

https://mobile.twitter.com/paullewis...827596800?s=12
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          “Iconic” blue passports. Bats*it crazy these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The EU never asked them to change to Purple Passport covers
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Thought this was better here than in the Corona thread. Just outlandish. Tory's have commissioned 10,000 ventilators from Dyson. He's never built them before and his design will need regulatory approval, which isn't guaranteed.

They've declined to take part in the EU commissioning drive which will have ventilators ready in two weeks.

They also have existing UK manufacturers saying they've been trying to discuss supplying and have been ignored.

Outrageous ****housery.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ventilator-row
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                Thought this was better here than in the Corona thread. Just outlandish. Tory's have commissioned 10,000 ventilators from Dyson. He's never built them before and his design will need regulatory approval, which isn't guaranteed.

They've declined to take part in the EU commissioning drive which will have ventilators ready in two weeks.

They also have existing UK manufacturers saying they've been trying to discuss supplying and have been ignored.

Outrageous ****housery.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ventilator-row
                Blatantly trying to show Britain is independent, but ventilators are not hair-dryers/vacuum cleaners.

For information, Medtronic, a medical device company, make about 50% of all ventilators used in ICUs worldwide from their site in Galway. Med devices have stringent requirements and checks and are CE marked because of their criticality.

Comment

Working...
                X