X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Brits out
    Funny old game.

You ask them to leave and they want to stay.

And you ask them to stay and the want to Leave.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

What a cheerful night. Brexit at 11pm and Trump to be acquitted tonight possible also.

Peak populism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        What a cheerful night. Brexit at 11pm and Trump to be acquitted tonight possible also.

Peak populism.

I know it's the wrong thread but part of me thinks the best thing to hope for with Trump is both sides have recognised the quickest and quietest way to get rid of him is to let him run this election.

The Dems don't want him gone until the people vote him out

The old guard in the Republicans know if they do anything to upset his rootin tootin base there'll be hell to pay

He looks more of a crook than he ever did 4 years ago. Fingers crossed they don't make the same mistake twice
        I am the million man.

Comment

German diplomats seem to have the right idea tonight.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

I'm in Driscoll's, on the way home from the U20s game and the TV has golf from the States and the last few minutes of the Transfer Window.

Such are the modern priorities.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post

It's not no-deal any more, as the Withdrawal Agreement has been signed. The citizens rights stuff and the NI protocols are at least agreed. Some mitigations of the anarchy on the way.
                Yes, agree, but I'm talking about the future trading agreement. A "no deal" scenario would horrendous for the UK, but imho wouldn't be great for Ireland either.

The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Any chance a mod could change the thread title to “The Brexit thread”? I can’t seem to be able to change a thread title.

Comment

Any chance a mod could change the thread title to “The Brexit thread”? I can’t seem to be able to change a thread title.

or perhaps change to "And now the turd polishing commences"
                    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I'll have a go in a bit, but I don't want to risk it right now in case the same issue arises as has happened previously when trying to do a bit of forum admin, and a thread disappears entirely. I'll wait till I know the frog has it completely backed up.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

.....................The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....
                        ​​​​​​More like: "The beginning of the end of the fairy world of great opportunities they expected Leaving would mean".
                        Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...math-of-brexit

David Squires in absolutely stunning form in the Guardian today.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

Yes, agree, but I'm talking about the future trading agreement. A "no deal" scenario would horrendous for the UK, but imho wouldn't be great for Ireland either.

The irony of the Leavers last night thinking this was the end, when it's really just the beginning of the end....
                            The "no deal" trade scenario has been renamed by Cummings/Johnson to be called the "Australian ++ deal" and they will get away with this
                            James Lovelock - "Enjoy life while you can. Because if you're lucky it's going to be 20 years before it hits the fan."

Comment

mad morning in uk
                              • Boris Johnson is sacking ministers and appointing new ones to his cabinet
                              • Chancellor Sajid Javid resigns and Rishi Sunak is appointed new chancellor
                              • Michael Gove remains in role as Cabinet Office minister and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
                              • Esther McVey and Andrea Leadsom both lose their jobs
                              • Northern Ireland Secretary Julian Smith is sacked
                              • Attorney General Geoffrey Cox leaves job

Comment

The 12:01 Nuacht on RTÉ One said that Julian Smith, the NI Secretary has been given "Bata agus Bóthar" by Boris.

Isn't our First Official Language wonderfully expressive?

Comment

Working...
                                X