Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
    As we say in France, les bras m'en tombent i.e. I am absolutely speechless...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...resting-bridge

I have to conceed, this man (BoJo) is even more cheeky than I expected and has no limit.
    This said, if the Isle was reunited, it would be easier to get bucks from the EU for the project. And I am even sure Scotland would wait untill the inauguration before going away...
    Mexico is going to pay for it lads
    I am the million man.

Comment

where is the Plactic Paddy person who used to have a lot to say on this (now tedious beyond) subject - and will owe me 20 something-or-others if the British do a runner at the end of Jan?
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Opining for the fjords.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          where is the Plactic Paddy person who used to have a lot to say on this (now tedious beyond) subject - and will owe me 20 something-or-others if the British do a runner at the end of Jan?
          THe pp is currently in hibernation near Bristol and will take care of things in the Spring
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

THe pp is currently in hibernation near Bristol and will take care of things in the Spring
            It seems he was thrown out for insurbordination...

Not really a surprise as he had a (healthy) tendency towards telling it as he saw it - but unfortunately I missed all that excitement.

Comment

Fortunately I did too.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

He was not thrown out at all and is welcome to return to posting here any time.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

It seems he was thrown out for insurbordination...

Not really a surprise as he had a (healthy) tendency towards telling it as he saw it - but unfortunately I missed all that excitement.
                  How could you dolphie?
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    He was not thrown out at all and is welcome to return to posting here any time.
                    Apologies I asked where he was and then checked his profile which said something about a moderation issue.

Comment

I think he’s just taking a break. He’ll be back and welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I just checked and it actually did list him as sinbinned, although there was no reason for that to happen that I'm aware of and I certainly didn't do it. I don't know if this happened as a result of the various glitches there have been in the forum over the past year and more, or if it's something he requested of another mod in order to take a break from the place, but for now I've lifted the binning and I'll message him to make sure he knows he's free to post if he wants.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

So it's finally happening today - after 23:00, the UK will be out of the EU.

The next few years will be ... interesting. I have a horrible feeling that this years transition is a temporary stall before a no deal crash out next year. They have 2-3 months before the British either extend the transition, or talks fail. Given the ERG lot broadly supported Johnson, I've a feeling this was the plan all along.
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Where is plastic paddy? He is about to owe me 20 (quid or euros)...

unless of course the eagerly awaited (metropolitan elite) coup takes place.
                            Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 31st-January-2020, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                              So it's finally happening today - after 23:00, the UK will be out of the EU.

The next few years will be ... interesting. I have a horrible feeling that this years transition is a temporary stall before a no deal crash out next year. They have 2-3 months before the British either extend the transition, or talks fail. Given the ERG lot broadly supported Johnson, I've a feeling this was the plan all along.
                              It's not no-deal any more, as the Withdrawal Agreement has been signed. The citizens rights stuff and the NI protocols are at least agreed. Some mitigations of the anarchy on the way.

Comment

Brits out
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X