Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Poor ol' Doris. He's doing his very bestest and the greasy foreigners will'nt even talk to him.
    Meanwhile...........Marlene and Tammy are having panic attacks every time they see a bus.

    Comment


      Ah please will you stop with the Doris/Tammy stuff? It just isn't funny. As for Foster, someone gave her the nickname Snarlene - at least that captured something of her character.
      Tis but a scratch.

      Comment


        Who is Tammy?
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

        Comment


          Originally posted by mr chips View Post
          Ah please will you stop with the Doris/Tammy stuff? It just isn't funny. As for Foster, someone gave her the nickname Snarlene - at least that captured something of her character.
          Hear, hear. Its totally unreadable and makes the thread less interesting.

          Comment


            Originally posted by B.A. View Post

            Tell us more Ron
            Click image for larger version

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000148985389.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2579051
            Could be difficult. I doubt it's a problem you or your associates have ever come across

            Comment


              Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              Who is Tammy?
              Tammy Wilson. Country singer and trailer trash queen.

              Comment


                Frau Merkel has called Master Johnson into the head's office and given him 500 lines:
                "I must brush my hair and tuck my shirt in before coming to school"
                She also mentioned that NI will have to stay in the customs union for ever.
                I wonder has the inkling of a thought sneaked into Boris' head that the EU wasn't bluffing when they said they were ready for 'no deal'.
                There will be an extension, a referendum and Brexit cancelled.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                  Frau Merkel has called Master Johnson into the head's office and given him 500 lines:
                  "I must brush my hair and tuck my shirt in before coming to school"
                  She also mentioned that NI will have to stay in the customs union for ever.
                  I wonder has the inkling of a thought sneaked into Boris' head that the EU wasn't bluffing when they said they were ready for 'no deal'.
                  There will be an extension, a referendum and Brexit cancelled.
                  I think you mean "Frau Doktor Merkel"

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Piquet View Post

                    I think you mean "Frau Doktor Merkel"
                    I think what he actually meant was:

                    "The Prime Minister of the UK has authorized his advisors to leak lies and half truths about a confidential call with the German Chancellor."

                    The UK is going to take a very long time to recover from Cummings scorched earth strategy, especially as countries are experiencing this after 8 years of generally poor foreign policy under Cameron and May. Those individuals who will hold the most diplomatic influence in G20 countries between 2025 and 2040 will have spent their formative years experiencing the UK as a total sh!tshow. That kind of mess is very hard to recover from, much worse than Trump.

                    Comment


                      This whole Brexit issue seems to me to be a cunning plan by the UK to stop having to contribute to the EU.

                      They'll exit the EU and once the dust has settled, in ten years time, say, they'll reapply.

                      The UK will be in such a state by then that they will be entitled to receive money from the EU rather than having to contribute.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        This whole Brexit issue seems to me to be a cunning plan by the UK to stop having to contribute to the EU.

                        They'll exit the EU and once the dust has settled, in ten years time, say, they'll reapply.

                        The UK will be in such a state by then that they will be entitled to receive money from the EU rather than having to contribute.
                        We'll have to pay for HS2 and Crossrail!

                        Comment


                          Interesting times. Very. Assuming we get an extension (hard to see why not from either side), then will we get straight into an election or will there be debate over an election plus similtaneous referendum?
                          I'm not convinced Boris' current lead in the polls will sustain. Swing voters in an election tend to vote for what is economically best for them. A vote for Boris is a vote for 'no deal' . It seems 60% of the voters now want 'remain'.
                          The GFA has become a massive spanner in the Brexit project. NI has to stay in the customs union. The only Brexit possible really means the UK staying in the customs union. Whatever happens, Westminster will never be the same. Over the next few election cycles some sort of entirely new political party configuration is going to happen.

                          Comment


                            Anyone see the Leave.eu tweet today?

                            Grim.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                            Comment


                              What did it say?
                              Tis but a scratch.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                What did it say?
                                It was a pic of Angela Merkel with her right arm raised and it had a caption that said "We didnt win two world wars to be pushed around by a kraut."
                                Last edited by Wallyman; 8th-October-2019, 19:19.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X