Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Doris is facing a choice between a Brexsh1t party slaughter after an Oct 31st extension and showing Arlene the threads on the Doris bus wheels. Shirley he wouldn't be so nasty as to sell out the DUPEs. Just to save himself?

    Comment


      Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
      Doris is facing a choice between a Brexsh1t party slaughter after an Oct 31st extension and showing Arlene the threads on the Doris bus wheels. Shirley he wouldn't be so nasty as to sell out the DUPEs. Just to save himself?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket.jfif
Views:	125
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2576522
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

      Comment


        :D

        Comment


          Queen Trains Corgis to Attack Boris Johnson If He Ever Comes to Palace Again

          By Andy Borowitz

          September 13, 2019

          LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—Queen Elizabeth II has trained her corgis to attack the British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, if he ever comes to Buckingham Palace again, palace sources have confirmed.

          For Johnson, who recently suffered another setback involving a dog, the news that the Queen was prepping her beloved canines to eviscerate him was just the latest indication of his precipitous fall.

          The Queen reportedly supervised the corgis’ training herself, instructing them to lunge at Prince Charles, who wore a shaggy yellow wig for the exercise.

          “When the corgis tore into Charles’s trousers, the terror in his eyes was palpable,” one observer said. “The Queen looked very happy.”

          Although the Queen has been publicly tight-lipped on the subject of Johnson, a royal source indicated that she was heard muttering “that lying bastard” when the embattled Prime Minister appeared on television this week.


          There’s only room for one unelected ruler in this country,” she reportedly added.

          Comment


            You know you're losing when you're humiliated by Luxembourg.
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

            Comment


              Doris is not as incompetent as he poses but he's fatally deluded and is hurtling towards his own political disaster. He has twin goals but the main one is to try and manoeuvre himself to win the coming election. His 2nd plan involves the delusion that the EU will fold on the 'backstop' if a 'no deal' breksh1t looks unavoidable. What he's heading for is no EU folding and looking at defying the legal requirement to request an extension.
              If we get to this point his only way out will be to pull out a rabbit from his blond beehive that will amount to the original May backstop and Arlene and Sammy under the bus. This will be an interesting lesson for the DUPEs.

              Comment


                Boris lied to the Queen, or so the UK Supreme Court says.

                https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019...rules-prorogue
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                Comment


                  11-0

                  unanimous verdict

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    Boris lied to the Queen, or so the UK Supreme Court says.

                    https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019...rules-prorogue
                    The effect of the decision to prorogue resulted in an unlawful situation (Parliament not being able to hold the government to account) . The court was very careful not to determine the means by how this unlawful situation occurred, i.e. it is not material what Boris did or didn't say to Her Maj and it is not material what he did or didn't think. The court has basically said that long proroguations and/or prorugations during moments of national emergency are ALWAYS illegal even if the PM does not lie and even if the Queen actively agrees with te PM and WANTS to shut down Parliament.

                    In rugby terms one could say its like being trapped on the wrong side of the ruck. The ref doesn't decide why you are there, he/she just penalizes you for not rolling away because the scrum half can't get the ball that he/she is entitled to. This is like World Rugby saying that waving your hands and saying your being held back is always and everywhere BS - if you're on the wrong side when the ruck forms then your getting a yellow no matter what. (Would clean up an awful lot of Welsh BS if they did!)

                    Comment


                      He's after humiliating Lizzy.

                      ​​​​​​This is the beginning of the end for BoJo
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        He's after humiliating Lizzy.

                        ​​​​​​This is the beginning of the end for BoJo
                        I think people are missing how serious the actual judgement is. He has done way more than humiliate her. Humiliation is temporary and personal. Cameron's book humiliated her.

                        Boris has caused a situation which limits the powers of ALL future monarchs, i.e. permanent and institutional. No future monarch can EVER order parliament to be prorouged for more than a week or 2. (The court does not place a specific time limit but I doubt any government would ever want to risk testing that by going more than 2 weeks). Nor can a monarch prorouge parliament when the opposition considers the ongoing actions of the government to have significant national implications (i.e. ALMOST ALWAYS).

                        The fact that there wasn't even one dissenting voice among the 11 who wanted to place some kind of limit or cavaet on what they have decided is absolutely extraordinary.

                        Its not hyperbole to say that the detail and rationale of this judgement is the biggest change in the constitutional balance of power since the English civil war and the Restoration.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

                          I think people are missing how serious the actual judgement is. He has done way more than humiliate her. Humiliation is temporary and personal. Cameron's book humiliated her.

                          Boris has caused a situation which limits the powers of ALL future monarchs, i.e. permanent and institutional. No future monarch can EVER order parliament to be prorouged for more than a week or 2. (The court does not place a specific time limit but I doubt any government would ever want to risk testing that by going more than 2 weeks). Nor can a monarch prorouge parliament when the opposition considers the ongoing actions of the government to have significant national implications (i.e. ALMOST ALWAYS).

                          The fact that there wasn't even one dissenting voice among the 11 who wanted to place some kind of limit or cavaet on what they have decided is absolutely extraordinary.

                          Its not hyperbole to say that the detail and rationale of this judgement is the biggest change in the constitutional balance of power since the English civil war and the Restoration.
                          But, Pig****er Dave doesn't have to go back to the palace to ask for an election or some other piece of state business in the near future

                          I just struggle to see her standing beside him or allowing cameras anywhere near when that next bit of prime minister convention rolls around.

                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                            But, Pig****er Dave doesn't have to go back to the palace to ask for an election or some other piece of state business in the near future

                            I just struggle to see her standing beside him or allowing cameras anywhere near when that next bit of prime minister convention rolls around.
                            I agree. That was my point. He has done much worse that humiliate her personally. He had diminished the institution of the monarchy forever in a legal and binding sense not just an issue of perception which can always evolve.

                            I'm a republican so part of me is happy to see the power of any monarch restrained however looking at it objectively if you want to have a constitutional monarchy (as it seems that the vast vast majority of Brits do, as is their right) then the monarch does in theory grant the country some protections.

                            If it was discovered that the half the house of commons was being bribed by Russia, China, USA or Malawi then the monarch had (until this morning) the power to prorogue parliament and appoint a prime minister of her choosing until such time as the issue had been dealt with by the police and courts. The monarch was allowed to retain this extraordinary power because of the widely held believe that it would never be abused for any purpose other than the fundamental protection of the realm. That theoretical protection has now been thrown out the window. The institution of the monarchy and its importance to the protection of the realm has been forever diminished.

                            Comment


                              Johnson has been interviewed by C4 and stated that he "strongly" disagrees with the, ahem, 11-0 verdict.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

                              Comment


                                Perhaps boris and his tory eton mates will appeal the supreme court judgement to the european court of appeal....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X