No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vote on the separated withdrawal agreement, the one without the political declaration bit
    another defeat for May

yes 286
    no 344
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Another defeat for the Prime Minister. Deficit only 58 this time.

Maybe she will now get the message.

Comment

Has to be a 2nd ref and probably a GE by now.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Et bim! Same players, shoot again!
          I hope they will decide something next monday, because the final phases of the HC and Pro14 and the last Game of Thrones season do approach and I won't have enough time and neurons to follow all of this at the same time... ;)
          Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 29th-March-2019, 14:10.
          The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Do you know why Theresa May needs a lot of tissues?...

Because she got hay fever. As John Bercow repeated: "The nose had it, the nose had it!"
            And when the PM gets a cold, the whole country and continent sneeze.
            Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 29th-March-2019, 14:52. Reason: I have great issues with the english grammar....
            The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Only a SCRATCH! I've seen worse

Comment

Omnishambles is the only word that can be used here. I bet the writers of The Thick of It, who came up with the word, would never have written anything as implausible as what's now going on right now. .

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                  Another defeat for the Prime Minister. Deficit only 58 this time.

Maybe she will now get the message.
                  And do what? The vote today was, very specifically, on the “divorce” bill of £39 billion, the backstop and the transition. Nothing else. The EU, rightly, is not going to renegotiate this.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                    Has to be a 2nd ref and probably a GE by now.
                    A GE which would, in all likelihood be won by Johnson, JRM and the other loons in the ERG... Be careful what you wish for...

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

And do what? The vote today was, very specifically, on the “divorce” bill of £39 billion, the backstop and the transition. Nothing else. The EU, rightly, is not going to renegotiate this.
                      Do you believe that?

Comment

Fair play to Corbyn and Labour, kept all but five MPs onside. General Election took a step closer too.

Sky News said that "Labour had prevented Brexit on Brexit Day". A barefaced lie of course, had Theresa May controlled all her MPs then Britain would be out now, but for once Murdoch's bull**** may not have damaged Labour but helped.

Another plus for Corbyn is that his strategy has focussed all the pressure on the Tories, broken their alliance with the DUP and exposed the majority of the ERG to the public as a bunch of self serving nonces who damned May's deal as toxic until they got a whiff of grabbing power and then got behind her deal. They only got behind her, one Tory said, so that they could stab her in the back.

All in all an excellent week's work for Labour,
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                          Fair play to Corbyn and Labour, kept all but five MPs onside. General Election took a step closer too.

Sky News said that "Labour had prevented Brexit on Brexit Day". A barefaced lie of course, had Theresa May controlled all her MPs then Britain would be out now, but for once Murdoch's bull**** may not have damaged Labour but helped.

Another plus for Corbyn is that his strategy has focussed all the pressure on the Tories, broken their alliance with the DUP and exposed the majority of the ERG to the public as a bunch of self serving nonces who damned May's deal as toxic until they got a whiff of grabbing power and then got behind her deal. They only got behind her, one Tory said, so that they could stab her in the back.

All in all an excellent week's work for Labour,
                          And a No Deal Brexit, complete with threats to medicine supplies that keep my daughter alive, looking like the likely outcome. Pleased you think it has been a good week.

Comment

The sooner they get this back before the people the better.

Parliament have indicated that May's deal plus staying in the customs union is the ' most favoured ' deal, plus putting that deal to the people, so really that is what they should do now one way or the other imho.

I guess that means a significant extension to organise another referendum.
                            Last edited by Daithi; 29th-March-2019, 19:59.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

I have no sympathy for May whatsoever. She tried to style herself on Thatcher as an iron lady, instead she was just a rusty stuck in the mud.

she completely ignored the 48% of the electorate who wished to remain in the 2016 vote, despite having declared herself a remainer initially. Instead she spent most of her time trying to appease the ERG element of her party, while putting buffoon Brexiteers in big positions of power e.g. Davies, Johnson, Gove et al. She called a very ill conceived general election to seek backing for a strong Brexit mandate & even when the electorate told her again with that result that they effectively didn't want to Brexit she has persisted.

Her challenge was to become a likeable centre right leader who could woo the Labour middle for the good of the Uk, and keep the clowns in the ERG & DUP marginalised, while either negotiating the softest of Brexits with the EU and /or going back to the people altogether.

She failed on all those scores badly and I honestly fear for the UK unless they can now see sense and reverse the big Brexit mistake of this past 3 years. I actually think the UK will eventually reverse Brexit but the cost to the country in terms of lost development, executive time, internal division, broken international relationships and respect has been immense already, and there is still a ways to go. They sure need some leadership now!!
                              Last edited by Daithi; 29th-March-2019, 20:24.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

So what is Ireland going to do a fortnight today?

Comment

Working...
                                X