Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190129-WA0031.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2557147
    I am the million man.

    Comment


      Cooper amendment defeated, while a non-binding vote to reject a no-deal passed. The Brady amendment, which is effectively a vote to chuck out the Good Friday Agreement, has passed. They really are finding ways to stoop ever lower.

      EDIT - Donald Tusk's response: "The backstop is part of the withdrawal agreement and the withdrawal agreement is not open for re-negotiation."
      Tis but a scratch.

      Comment


        Tusk has already been out and reiterated the EU position: they will not reopen negotiations. Boris says “well Tusk would say that, wouldn’t he?”
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

        Comment


          14 Labour MPs voted against Coopers admendment. I hope every one of them is deselected in future.

          No idea what the hell is going to happen now. This is f**ked beyond belief.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

          Comment


            Really bizarre
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

            Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

            Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

            Comment


              Let 'no deal' go ahead then. It would only last a few days as the reality of it was apparent. In an emergency almost anything can be done politically and some accommodation would be devised to keep the UK in until a realistic choice is made. That would put an end to the 'no deal' Brexiteers delusions. The entire Brexiteer fiasco is predicated on a wrong appreciation of what the EU is or will have to be. If the EU backslided on the backstop they would be betraying one of their own for one that's leaving them, their credibility would be zero. The ERG don't get that. Basically we have have them be the bell hooks and why should we let go? We were waiting for this day agus do thainig se.
              Stand up for the Ulcer men

              Comment


                Grizzly should take the seats available to them in Westminster? Is this the moment Absentionism should be put aside for the good of Northern Ireland?
                I am the million man.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                  14 Labour MPs voted against Coopers admendment. I hope every one of them is deselected in future.

                  No idea what the hell is going to happen now. This is f**ked beyond belief.
                  Deselect every last one of the ****ing cowards, and start with that **** Hoey.

                  May is gambling on Ireland blinking and allowing a time limit to the backstop. The way I see it, if it's heading for late March and that absolute cluster**** in the Commons is still actively trying to destroy the country, she might just get her wish.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                    Let 'no deal' go ahead then. It would only last a few days as the reality of it was apparent. In an emergency almost anything can be done politically and some accommodation would be devised to keep the UK in until a realistic choice is made. That would put an end to the 'no deal' Brexiteers delusions. The entire Brexiteer fiasco is predicated on a wrong appreciation of what the EU is or will have to be. If the EU backslided on the backstop they would be betraying one of their own for one that's leaving them, their credibility would be zero. The ERG don't get that. Basically we have have them be the bell hooks and why should we let go? We were waiting for this day agus do thainig se.
                    They could try no deal but would be a long way back. In the meantime they are left with WTO most favoured nation terms and no transition period. EU will only reopen talks when the divorce issues are resolved including the bill (39 billion) etc. Then the trade talks which will be longer because of no transition.

                    Comment


                      My God, you could not scriptwrite a mess this bad. My guess now; the DUP go under the bus with a backstop limited to N Ireland as per the Dec 17 text (need 10-20 Labour votes) or No Deal.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        Grizzly should take the seats available to them in Westminster? Is this the moment Absentionism should be put aside for the good of Northern Ireland?
                        They'll never do this, it's a core principle of theirs. Plus a no deal outcome accelerates the likelihood of a border poll.
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          So Tess goes to Brussels with the support of parliament. Brussels say no renegotiation so they crash out. Tories can then blame Brussels for the mess and everyone is happy and the Tories continue in Govt.
                          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

                            They could try no deal but would be a long way back. In the meantime they are left with WTO most favoured nation terms and no transition period. EU will only reopen talks when the divorce issues are resolved including the bill (39 billion) etc. Then the trade talks which will be longer because of no transition.
                            Supposedly they can't get WTO levels without an agreement from all nations in the WTO, not likely for years. With no border in nordieland there could be a lot of wheelbarrows crossing the border
                            Last edited by scotscor; 30th-January-2019, 09:37.
                            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                            Comment


                              God this is painful. So we're back to this pipe-dream of some sort of mythical "alternative arrangements" that nobody can outline. They can only sketch that it might be something about how long it would last, if UK could exit unilaterally, and maybe something about technology. It really is depressingly Groundhog Day. Maybe that's the ploy, grind everybody down with the tedium so that maybe something can get slipped past them.....

                              Comment


                                It reminds me a wee bit of Blazing Saddles, when the wagons have formed their circle to defend against the coming Indian attack. Meantime the ostracised wagon of "S.chwarzes" is wheeling round and round on its own, thinking they're achieving something....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X