Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

    May’s Deal was the ERG’s chance to get out of the EU. They have rejected it and I am increasingly convinced we will see a second referendum and the UK stay in the EU. What a bunch of f’cking idiots!!!
    Yep hopefully....even if it means I have to hand over 20 euros to you....possibly the best prediction made on this site.

    Who are you tipping for the HCup?
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

    Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

    Comment


      Originally posted by theghost View Post
      ERG group and DUP say they will support may so everyone presumes she will win vote.
      wondering though would some hardline remainers within the tories ranks look at situation and put country before party and abstain thus bringing down their own gov .
      unlikely but they could pressure her to emphatically rule out no deal and get her to go for softer brexit in return for their support ,maybe even get her to look again at second referendum .

      if she were to lose vote ,then the gov dosent fall the gov has 14 days to try to regain a majority but labour too has a chance within same timeframe to prove it can command a majority .
      And risk losing their jobs? I would think they wont! They only give a sh!t about the country when their jobs are safe. Millionaire Rees-Mogg and silver spooned Boris won't be affected by any 'no deal' Brexit hence them continuing with their constant lies. Extending Article 50 is a needs must now.

      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

      Comment


        After May having said last night that she would be engaging in cross-party talks to try and move things on after her deal was rejected, it turns out that these cross-party talks do not involve engaging with the official opposition.

        Theresa May omits Jeremy Corbyn from cross-party Brexit talks

        May and most of her party really are a bunch of craven, self-interested, narrow-minded short-termists.
        Tis but a scratch.

        Comment


          Farcical stuff this morning as Downing Street spokesman and Leadsom reiterate May's red lines, refuse to meet with Corbyn or any other party leaders and yet talk about finding a compromise way forward. She is apparently going to enter into talks with herself.

          Comment


            its going to be no deal (possibly after a referendum) but its going to be no deal
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



            Comment


              Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              After May having said last night that she would be engaging in cross-party talks to try and move things on after her deal was rejected, it turns out that these cross-party talks do not involve engaging with the official opposition.

              Theresa May omits Jeremy Corbyn from cross-party Brexit talks

              May and most of her party really are a bunch of craven, self-interested, narrow-minded short-termists.
              That's a godsend to Corbyn.
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

              Comment


                Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                its going to be no deal (possibly after a referendum) but its going to be no deal
                Still plenty of votes against no-deal among the Tories, never mind the opposition. No-one wants a referendum as they cannot be sure of a Remain win.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  If

                  What do you mean by showing leadership? If it weren’t for Labour, the vote last night might not have happened at all. It’s been Labour amendments that have ensured Parliamentary scrutiny at every stage. Last night was the “meaningful vote” that the govt did everything it could to avoid.

                  People keep suggesting that Labour doesn’t have a position. It’s position has been clear - vote down May’s vote (now done), vote if no confidence (will happen today).

                  Thst policy was always sequential, and what came next dependant on outcomes.

                  I don’t think Labour will won a vote of no confidence today, which imo will bring it a step closer to calling for a another public vote.

                  And i think Remain will win that vote, because the reality of Brexit has now been laid bare.

                  If Leave thought they’d win a second vote, they wouldn’t be running from it. But it’s now clear that the “leave” camp contains different groups with irreconcilable differences.
                  That’s process and opposition politics. But they together with the Tory splitters (the good ones) have done well.

                  What is the position of the Labour leadership on Brexit? It is not clear in my opinion and what they do say sounds like a fudge. Corbyn seems to be in favour of Brexit while I think among the membership it is not quite the same. That is not leadership and many Labour supporters are despairing.

                  Comment


                    Comment


                      So May survived, as expected. Can't see past a second referendum by now.
                      Tis but a scratch.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                        So May survived, as expected. Can't see past a second referendum by now.
                        I’m not so sure,I can see her just walking off the cliff to no deal
                        leave does mean leave after all
                        if she calls a 2nd referendum she will be crucified in the press and by her party

                        she will play for time
                        have another vote - hope remainers panic and back it
                        if not just walk of the end of March cliff (I very much think a la King Thomond in GoT out of the window)

                        she can then claim she delivered on the people’s vote and her promise
                        she will have kept the Tory party (sort of) together
                        and in 15 years they’ll be welcoming her back to ghastly Tory party conferences as a grandee

                        Bat bonkers but who didn’t know she and most of the Tory party are exactly that ?

                        Comment


                          I don't think it'll be her who initiates it, but I think she'll end up being forced into it (as Corbyn will be).
                          Tis but a scratch.

                          Comment


                            The time to come out for a PV was immediately after this evening's NC vote. The very fact that Labour didn't says a lot.

                            I've said this a few times, but I'm convinced now that JC does not want a PV.

                            He may ultimately be pushed into one by the party, but he will do so with Len McCluskey screaming in his ear about a Lexit.

                            Lastly the clock is still ticking so whoever is going to move better do so soon, and at some considerable pace, as right now a no deal, oh f**kity f**k Brexit is going to happen on the 29th of March.
                            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                            Comment


                              I am hoping Grieve and his group could try and engineer a vote to revoke article 50 on the 28th March if No Deal is the default.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by plastic View Post

                                I’m not so sure,I can see her just walking off the cliff to no deal
                                leave does mean leave after all
                                if she calls a 2nd referendum she will be crucified in the press and by her party

                                she will play for time
                                have another vote - hope remainers panic and back it
                                if not just walk of the end of March cliff (I very much think a la King Thomond in GoT out of the window)

                                she can then claim she delivered on the people’s vote and her promise
                                she will have kept the Tory party (sort of) together
                                and in 15 years they’ll be welcoming her back to ghastly Tory party conferences as a grandee

                                Bat bonkers but who didn’t know she and most of the Tory party are exactly that ?
                                She will try to postpone the deadline. I really hope EU countries won't accept this. For the EU there's not reason to do this as it will only result in a new deal which less favors them. After decline of the postponement May will play the victim that the EU is unreasonable, to safe her #ss.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X