Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Jenta View Post
    Will a lot of Remainers on the Labour / Lib Dem side of things weigh this deal up against the possibility of a second referendum? The deal on the table is obviously better for the country than no deal, but if there's a chance that voting this down pushes the idea of a second referendum to the fore they might vote against?
    Who knows what the result of a second referendum would be?

    Comment


      Originally posted by glorob View Post

      Who knows what the result of a second referendum would be?
      Polling seems to indicate that in a No Deal v Remain vote (which is what I'm assuming the referendum would be) that Remain would win comfortably.

      Odds on Johnson as next PM are tumbling.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

      Comment


        Labour have confirmed they will vote against the deal.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

          Oh, and interesting line I saw re: Brexit die hards in labour. A few, like Skinner, are also Corbyn loyalists and will see a chance to collapse a Tory govt. They won’t all vote in support.

          its the centrists in Leave seats that are the soft underbelly. They don’t care about damaging Corbyn and are focussed solely on retaining their own seat.
          But a fair amount of them are in remain areas, aren't they?
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Jenta View Post

            Polling seems to indicate that in a No Deal v Remain vote (which is what I'm assuming the referendum would be) that Remain would win comfortably.

            Odds on Johnson as next PM are tumbling.
            Of late, polls do not appear to appear to be reliable indicators.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jenta View Post

              Polling seems to indicate that in a No Deal v Remain vote (which is what I'm assuming the referendum would be) that Remain would win comfortably.

              Odds on Johnson as next PM are tumbling.
              Theresa’s Deal v Remain might not be so clear cut

              Comment


                Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                Will a lot of Remainers on the Labour / Lib Dem side of things weigh this deal up against the possibility of a second referendum? The deal on the table is obviously better for the country than no deal, but if there's a chance that voting this down pushes the idea of a second referendum to the fore they might vote against?
                People’s vote will get moved as an amendment when she brings it to Parliament I’d guess.

                3 way public vote of remain vs no deal vs May deal would run about 60/20/20 I’d guess.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                Comment


                  A dwindling family, it looks like someone is busy this morning keeping its membership up to date.

                  https://www.gov.uk/government/ministers

                  Comment


                    Just looked at some of the speeches in Westminster. Theresa May cuts a lonely and desolate figure. Mogg is a b*****ks.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

                    Comment


                      I'm surprised at how generous the deal is. Barnier was obviously trying to help them along in spite of themselves. And there's still two or three years to loosen the strings further. They'd be mad not to grab it with both hands.

                      But of course they are mad it seems.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                        I'm surprised at how generous the deal is. Barnier was obviously trying to help them along in spite of themselves. And there's still two or three years to loosen the strings further. They'd be mad not to grab it with both hands.

                        But of course they are mad it seems.
                        Not everyone would agree with that. Dominic Raab has said that the EU have blackmailed the UK.

                        It is going to get very nasty.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by glorob View Post

                          Not everyone would agree with that. Dominic Raab has said that the EU have blackmailed the UK.

                          It is going to get very nasty.
                          He was the f**king Brexit secretary!! It's utterly unbelievable that he resigned based on his own deal.

                          At this stage I expect him.to denounce his own resignation this afternoon.
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

                            He was the f**king Brexit secretary!! It's utterly unbelievable that he resigned based on his own deal.

                            At this stage I expect him.to denounce his own resignation this afternoon.
                            I see you share David Mundell's (Scottish Secretary) admiration for his former Cabinet colleague whom he referred to earlier as a carpetbagger.

                            Comment


                              Thank God this forum is set one hour into the future so I can see what's about to happen
                              I am the million man.

                              Comment


                                The parliamentary vote will boil down to whether Labour MPs want to join the mad Brexiteers and DUP (+ Libs and SNP etc )against the wishes of business, Ireland, the EU and Most of British business and risk crashing out of the EU.

                                Mays deal is probably in the National interest, given that a 2nd vote if there was one (and I favour ) may not come about and if it does may not change things anyway.

                                Gwan Theresa ye girl ye.
                                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                                Originally Posted by mr chips
                                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X