Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other


    This is an excellent article.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Comment


      Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
      I am just trying to work out why Corbyn and McDonnell seem so determined to take the UK out of the CU/ SM when immigration isn’t an issue, nor is doing trade deals. It doesn’t make sense to me.
      Labour has no problem with a customs union with the EU, that's its stated policy. The single market is another matter.
      Last edited by rathbaner; 16th-February-2018, 16:56.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

      Comment


        Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
        Labour has no problem with a customs union with the EU, that's its stated policy. The single market is another matter.
        They would like “a” customs union rather than to be in “the” customs union.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

        Comment


          Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          They would like “a” customs union rather than to be in “the” customs union.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          It could be 100% identical though.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

          Comment


            I've always thought Labour's policy has been sensible. It goes something like: There's been a decision to leave which we cannot ignore. Let's make the most of it. Keep all the good bits, plus safeguard jobs, just get out of the EU neo-liberal political straitjacket and if we have to pay then we pay.

            All the CU/SM in-out talk has been driven by the post referendum Brexiteer agenda, which the media has swallowed.
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

            Comment


              What's all this horse manure about Rees Mogg succeeding May as PM?

              Have people forgotten there's an impediment?

              Comment


                http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8220976.html

                Comment


                  The KFC chicken shortage must have spooked them!!
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                    The KFC chicken shortage must have spooked them!!
                    I don’t think even the most Ultras Remain are claiming the KFC business is down to Brexit. Rather depressing that the Police had to remind people that KFC being shut is not a reason to call 999!!!?!? FFS!!!!


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      What's all this horse manure about Rees Mogg succeeding May as PM?

                      Have people forgotten there's an impediment?
                      The DUP would be in a right pickle a Commie or a Papist!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        I don’t think even the most Ultras Remain are claiming the KFC business is down to Brexit. Rather depressing that the Police had to remind people that KFC being shut is not a reason to call 999!!!?!? FFS!!!!


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        No. But it's a finger lickin' harbinger of what's to come if they stick with the Tories.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

                        Comment


                          I've a feeling Rees Mogg will be the next British PM. Naturally he'll want to strike trade deals with Spice Islands and ensure the tea clippers have fair passage.
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                            I've a feeling Rees Mogg will be the next British PM. Naturally he'll want to strike trade deals with Spice Islands and ensure the tea clippers have fair passage.
                            Careful, or he'll have you on a boat to Van Diemen's before you know what's happening.


                            His father features quite heavily in this Guardian Long Read about Trumpist billionaires preparing for Armageddon.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                              I've a feeling Rees Mogg will be the next British PM. Naturally he'll want to strike trade deals with Spice Islands and ensure the tea clippers have fair passage.

                              Bowler hats for some

                              Bonnets for others

                              Contraception for none!
                              I am the million man.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                                Careful, or he'll have you on a boat to Van Diemen's before you know what's happening.


                                His father features quite heavily in this Guardian Long Read about Trumpist billionaires preparing for Armageddon.
                                His father is a looper as well.

                                When Rees Mogg first campaigned for a seat in Fyfe, he had his Bentley and his nanny follow him round council estates.

                                He's cut from a different cloth.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X