No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilt! Game over. I would'nt say that "Mayxit m'excite", but I am curious to see what will follow. Compared to Games of 10, Game of Thrones look like an nice sentimental history...
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Yup - the end of May on the 7th of June, ahaha. Just imagine, Boris Johnson likely to be a prime minister. It was already farcical enough that he got to be foreign secretary.

Britain is f*cked, but unfortunately they are making sure that everyone else is being f*cked along with them.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Don't worry. Doris has a cunning plan.

Comment

Comment

Hahahahahaha!
            "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
              Yup - the end of May on the 7th of June, ahaha. Just imagine, Boris Johnson likely to be a prime minister. It was already farcical enough that he got to be foreign secretary.

Britain is f*cked, but unfortunately they are making sure that everyone else is being f*cked along with them.
              With Boris in and Trump around I just cannot get this song out of my head......

clowns to the left jokers to the right
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

More like we're surrounded on all sides - add to the list the governments of Russia, Italy, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Australia, Brazil, India ...
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

With, alas, a huge nuance nowadays... Sorry if I will shock somebody... NĂ¡ cuirimis fiacail ionnain (is this how it's said?)...North Corea has Kim, Venezuela has Maduro, Russia has Putin, Hungary has Orban, Turkey has Erdogan, Italy has Mussosalvini... and the earth has USA. Pax americana belongs nowadays to the biggest threats in the world.
                  May my son who will be a searcher NEVER go to this silly country.
                  Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 14th-June-2019, 14:13.

Comment

No. 1. The EU is NOT bluffing about letting a 'no deal ' happen. This is the the fatal misapprehension of the ERGs. They think the EU is bluffing. They're not. It would be a 100 times a worse outcome for the EU to be blackmailed by Britain. ALSO, 'no deal' would be a 100 times worse for Britain so they are deluded............because they don't understand the EU and the Eurosceptics never did. Getting rid of May is predicated on this delusion. They believe the 'backstop' is a bluff and not serious............negotiate harder and we'll get what we want. The only reason the EU gave extensions because they see unicorn chasing of the ERGs doesn't have overall parliament support and will crash in flames most likely. Doris can bluster about leaving deal or no deal but there a majority in the parliament who won't let him and this will drag the Tories to annihilation. If they are even in power come October. I heard one Bexiteer say today that if they can get Doris into number 10 and he can force a no deal, this the only hope they have of leaving the EU. Otherwise Brexit won't happen. A glimmer of realism there. But, there will be no 'no deal'. They're fuqted, the ERGs. That's the reality.
                    If they go a GE on the basis of a hard Brexit to try and outflank Farago, they will lose and the next government will be a Labour led coalition.
                    Last edited by tippete7trees; 24th-May-2019, 19:27.

Comment

What's depressing is that Boris Johnson knows the EU isn't bluffing. He knows from first hand experience that he doesn't have the capability to do a better deal.

But he also knows that he can become Prime Minister by telling a group of ideological people that he can. And so he'll say exactly that.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

There's a very very strong likelihood that the pig ignorance of right wing Brits, which visited pillage and slaughter around the world over centuries is marching headless chickenlike towards the calamity of Scottish independence, Irish unity, no Brexit and the end of the Tory party.

Comment

I see Chuka lasted a full four months with his revolutionary breakaway group before joining the Lib Dems, who he repeatedly said he'd never, ever back. An absolute charlatan whose monstrous ego looks set to finally end his political career.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                            I see Chuka lasted a full four months with his revolutionary breakaway group before joining the Lib Dems, who he repeatedly said he'd never, ever back. An absolute charlatan whose monstrous ego looks set to finally end his political career.
                            It's amazing that someone submerged in politics for so long could have such a terribly bad compass. I think he honestly had visions of himself as a British Macron, but clearly doesn't have access to even basic polling data. Whatever centrists keep telling themselves about electability, they're being outflanked to the left and right all over Europe.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

It's amazing that someone submerged in politics for so long could have such a terribly bad compass. I think he honestly had visions of himself as a British Macron, but clearly doesn't have access to even basic polling data. Whatever centrists keep telling themselves about electability, they're being outflanked to the left and right all over Europe.
                              Umunna's wikipedia entry was famously changed back in the day to say he was considered a future Barack Obama. By whom, it was never stated. Of course, an intern working for an ambitious politician would never do something so low as editing a wikipedia article to make his guy look better.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

Umunna's wikipedia entry was famously changed back in the day to say he was considered a future Barack Obama. By whom, it was never stated. Of course, an intern working for an ambitious politician would never do something so low as editing a wikipedia article to make his guy look better.
                                Indeed. No question that he's a conceited arse. And with remarkably little track record. He was only elected in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X