Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post

No. Red Herring.
    If you don't check it out not sure how you can say it is red herring.

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Guilt By Association (ad hominem version) - DUP and Labour
      A vote against the backstop constitutes a vote for paramilitary violence, or against Irish interests - False Dichotomy
      Irish interests in Brexit are clearly expressed by all the political parties in Ireland and a majority of parties in the North, in the shape of the backstop. The Labour Party are clearly attempting to sweeten the DUP with opposition to it. That is acting against the declared interests of the 'Irish people'.

Are you suggesting the Labour Party are not doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

If you don't check it out not sure how you can say it is red herring.
        It is unrelated to the mind-reading you performed to aver that Theresa May was privately relieved that her government was defeated in a third motion yesterday. Ergo Red Herring.

Comment

Irish interests in Brexit are clearly expressed by all the political parties in Ireland and a majority of parties in the North, in the shape of the backstop. The Labour Party are clearly attempting to sweeten the DUP with opposition to it. That is acting against the declared interests of the 'Irish people'.

Are you suggesting the Labour Party are not doing that?
          Proving the Negative or Argument from Ignorance. Your proposition remains unsupported. It does not require refutation.

Comment

Proving the Negative or Argument from Ignorance. Your proposition remains unsupported. It does not require refutation.

Oh dear, I see you are not a one for the actual facts but prefer to cut and paste generalisations and cliches.

Comment

It is unrelated to the mind-reading you performed to aver that Theresa May was privately relieved that her government was defeated in a third motion yesterday. Ergo Red Herring.
              Jeez holy feck dogs but you are a great man for rolling out transferable cliches rather than the discussing the subject and from the few remarks on topic you have made it's obvious why.

Comment

If ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle black ...
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Oh dear, I see you are not a one for the actual facts but prefer to cut and paste generalisations and cliches.
                  You have no facts. Other than your mind reading. You have no arguments. Other than fallacies.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

There have been plenty of political parties that have had to change tack once they get into power and see the true, grim realities of the balance sheet. The Lib Dems have been shameless in being everything for everyone but I always felt the kicking they took over their time in government was tough, especially considering it was the Labour Party who bankrupted the public finances in the first place.
                    That's still not true, a decade later. You may be the last person in the UK still claiming it, in fact.

Before the banking crash, the UK budget deficit was at a historic low.

Labour ran surpluses in its first term, and went into deficit from 2002 to fund the restoration of public services. It had already tightened that deficit massively by 2007, and by the time of the crash the deficit was far smaller than that run by the Tories from 1991 to 1997.

This is a simple matter of fact at this stage. It really is.

​​​​​​
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Jeez holy feck dogs but you are a great man for rolling out transferable cliches rather than the discussing the subject and from the few remarks on topic you have made it's obvious why.
                      Argument From Ignorance. Appeal To The Common Man. Draw Your Own Conclusions.

Comment

Mays charm offensive to the public hasn't worked at all. The publishing of the legal advice has probably pushed some wavering MPs towards voting against the deal.

Unless there is a significant development in the next few days, I think we are looking at a question of how much May will lose the vote by. It is narrowly, say less than 40, she might survive. However if current intentions are a barometer then she could lose by 100. I don't think she can continue were that to happen.

Which begs the question who will take over? I has to be a leaver. I'm sure BoJo will throw his hat in the ring. but he's hated by a significant number of sitting Tory MPs, so I doubt it'll be him. Javid and Gove are probably in pole position. But it's the Tory party, so expect an "Et tu Brute" moment at any juncture.
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Has to be Javid. Everyone else has a recent history of failure.

Comment

Argument From Ignorance. Appeal To The Common Man. Draw Your Own Conclusions.
                            More cliches lols ....short on facts... not so on cliches

Comment

More cliches lols ....short on facts... not so on cliches
                              Fallacies. Nothing but fallacies.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                                Mays charm offensive to the public hasn't worked at all. The publishing of the legal advice has probably pushed some wavering MPs towards voting against the deal.

Unless there is a significant development in the next few days, I think we are looking at a question of how much May will lose the vote by. It is narrowly, say less than 40, she might survive. However if current intentions are a barometer then she could lose by 100. I don't think she can continue were that to happen.

Which begs the question who will take over? I has to be a leaver. I'm sure BoJo will throw his hat in the ring. but he's hated by a significant number of sitting Tory MPs, so I doubt it'll be him. Javid and Gove are probably in pole position. But it's the Tory party, so expect an "Et tu Brute" moment at any juncture.
                                Johnson has sh’t the bed with the membership as well in part because he appears incapable of keeping his kn’b in his trousers. I still think May will get her deal through though. If she goes the UK won’t be leaving the EU.

Comment

Working...
                                X