No announcement yet.

Brexit referendum and negotiations 2016-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see Leo getting cosy with people who would likely have him in prison for holding hands with his partner in public.
    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Haven't heard from the Commandant lately, this might draw his ire bigly

*Shakes fist at Fine Gael*
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
        Good to see Leo getting cosy with people who would likely have him in prison for holding hands with his partner in public.
        Yes he should prioritise our national interests over Hungarian internal matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
          Yes he should prioritise our national interests over Hungarian internal matters.
          Respect for fundamental human rights is not a Hungarian internal matter anymore than Apartheid was a South African internal matter.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
            Respect for fundamental human rights is not a Hungarian internal matter anymore than Apartheid was a South African internal matter.
            Apartheid in South Africa was by definition a South African internal matter.
            The internal affairs of another country should never be prioritised over the national interests of one's own country.
            That would be political suicide and rightly so, it's akin to a company putting the interests of other parties over those of its own shareholders

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
              Apartheid in South Africa was by definition a South African internal matter.
              The internal affairs of another country should never be prioritised over the national interests of one's own country.
              That would be political suicide and rightly so, it's akin to a company putting the interests of other parties over those of its own shareholders
              So Ireland should have traded freely and openly with apartheid South Africa and ignored the injustice there? Arbitrary national borders take precedence over human beings? The interest of my millionaire neighbour to pay 1% less tax should matter more to me than that of a vulnerable child on the other side of a body of water?

The most shocking thing abut people who think like you is how often you can be on the wrong side of history without seeing it - which is a neat Segway off this tangent and back to the topic of Brexit and the various delusions of its proponents.

Comment

It is, for a number of reasons, very much in our national interest that the rise of the far right in Eastern Europe is not facilitated, particularly with regard to the threat posed to the stability of the EU.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                  So Ireland should have traded freely and openly with apartheid South Africa and ignored the injustice there?
                  I didn't say that nor do I believe it but I hope you enjoyed your rant.
                  FYI

Comment

Chuka Umunna is brave enough to stick his head above the parapet and endure the foul abuse from the worst elements of the Corbynistas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well he wants to replace Corbyn as leader, of course he's going to risk abuse from Corbyn's fans.

Comment

Turns out that even Farage now thinks that it's easier to get off the pot than p*** in it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/...rendum-settle/

Nigel Farage has said the UK may need to hold a second Brexit referendum.

The former Ukip leader said a second vote would see voters back Brexit in “very much bigger” numbers and that would settle the issue “for a generation”.

Mr Farage said a re-run of June 23, 2016 may be the only way to stop Remainers “whinging and whining” about the result which Leave won by 52 per cent to 48 per cent.
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                          Mr Farage said a re-run of June 23, 2016 may be the only way to stop Remainers “whinging and whining” about the result which Leave won by 52 per cent to 48 per cent.
                          You'd wonder why it bothers him.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Turns out that even Farage now thinks that it's easier to get off the pot than p*** in it.

The former Ukip leader said a second vote would see voters back Brexit in “very much bigger” numbers and that would settle the issue “for a generation”.

I think Farage is right and Blair’s intervention is sealing it with every utterance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Following on from MiG's Mini Union Jack rear lights, anyone else notice the trend in cinema/film as well..

Dunkirk
                              The Darkest Hour..
                              Sky's Britannia

Brits up against it, foreign (EU) invaders, all alone.. etc etc..
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I wouldn't read it that way to be honest. I think he probably believes they would win again and that a second win would embolden the Tory right for a generation or more. I'm sure he also fancies the theatre/spectacle of another campaign at a personal level

Comment

Working...
                                X