X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt. Everest is no preparation for the Wicklow Way, apparently

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-34416915.html

7 stitches she needed and she wants eight grand for each of them

Paul Romeril, forensic engineer for the defence, said there was a 100 millimetre wide hole on the sleeper but he did not accept it created a hazard.
    If this is true... she's saying she snagged her toe (through her shoe, I assume) on a 1cm hole.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
      If this is true... she's saying she snagged her toe (through her shoe, I assume) on a 1cm hole.
      That would be 10cm
      "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Haha, of course. I don't know how I read that as 10.

Comment

And they wonder why health and safety has been described as ruining the country?? That is a prime example of the sorry suing state we've become. God be with the days when people were worried if someone seen them fall, now they hope someone did:-(
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
            And they wonder why health and safety has been described as ruining the country?? That is a prime example of the sorry suing state we've become. God be with the days when people were worried if someone seen them fall, now they hope someone did:-(
            Well you can blame judges for a lot of it, they seem to prefer to make all sorts of contortions of logic to
            find for plaintiffs wherever possible.
            I suspect that the fact the the defendants generally are covered by
            insurance of some sort plays a part in their deliberations when it absolutely should not.

Comment

90k for a dislocated thumb last week.
              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                90k for a dislocated thumb last week.
                That is excessive for the injury she suffered in my view.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...-000-1.2515485

If that much is given for such a trivial injury it's going to both act as an encouragement for copy cat claims and cause premiums to soar.
                The law places far too much responsibility on business owners and almost none on the public.

She was walking around on what could almost be classed as stilts (4" heels) yet she's not to blame in any way for her injuries.
                Last edited by Pythagoras; 3rd-February-2016, 20:39.

Comment

And, if she wins, her legal team and expert witnesses will probably all get nice fat fees. No foal no fee no ethics when the taxpayer is the defendant.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I know this is naive but I don't know how 1. someone could ethically think of making such a claim, 2 how any solicitor would take it (really....) and 3, why there aren't some common sense criteria that have to be fulfilled before the courts accept such gratuitous claims are sufficient grounds to allow a case to take up valuable and expensive court time.
                    "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

You can blame our useless so-called justice system again here.

Comment

Compare the irish soldiers in the top photo with the american soldiers underneath

Click image for larger version

Name:	earish_defence_ forces.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	2486959
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pythagoras; 3rd-February-2016, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
                          Compare the irish soldiers in the top photo with the american soldiers underneath

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13281[/ATTACH]
                          I'm not sure I get your point?
                          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
                            Well you can blame judges for a lot of it, they seem to prefer to make all sorts of contortions of logic to
                            find for plaintiffs wherever possible.
                            I suspect that the fact the the defendants generally are covered by
                            insurance of some sort plays a part in their deliberations when it absolutely should not.
                            Perhaps T78 can take us through this one?

Comment

I'm not sure I get your point?

The Ear protection , claims

Comment

Working...
                              X