The Populist Bull**** Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Populist Bull**** Thread

First up in this new pantheon of effluent that Joe and Josephine Public like to lap up is the national scandal that is the NCTS. I expect there to be tribunals or commissions of investigation about this in the very near future. One man has put his head above the parapet on this issue while all others cowered meekly in the corner submitting their vouched and unvouched expenses. Stand up Dessie Ellis. A true champion of the little people.

I tell you, I will sleep a lot safer at night knowing that Dessie is fighting the good fight so that people can be let off with defective lights, "as shur that tyre is probably alright just as long as you really really promise, pinky promise, to get it changed in the next couple of months, Mary" and other inconsequential vagaries.

By gob, we're Irish and woebetide the man that attempts to take away our Irishness. They'll take away our "we couldn't give a **** attitude" when they cut our lifeless bodies out of the mangled wreckage!
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    First up in this new pantheon of effluent that Joe and Josephine Public like to lap up is the national scandal that is the NCTS. I expect there to be tribunals or commissions of investigation about this in the very near future. One man has put his head above the parapet on this issue while all others cowered meekly in the corner submitting their vouched and unvouched expenses. Stand up Dessie Ellis. A true champion of the little people.

I tell you, I will sleep a lot safer at night knowing that Dessie is fighting the good fight so that people can be let off with defective lights, "as shur that tyre is probably alright just as long as you really really promise, pinky promise, to get it changed in the next couple of months, Mary" and other inconsequential vagaries.

By gob, we're Irish and woebetide the man that attempts to take away our Irishness. They'll take away our "we couldn't give a **** attitude" when they cut our lifeless bodies out of the mangled wreckage!
    Pass, first-time?
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

French extreme-right leader Marine Le Pen wants to "eradicate the bacteriological immigration"... What do you want to add to this?.. Surely would I already be dead if ridicule kills for any reason, but even more surely I would'nt be alone...
      Concerning populism, dunno what your politicians can say or do, but if they want to compete with the french politicians, they will have a lot to do...
      "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
          French extreme-right leader Marine Le Pen wants to "eradicate the bacteriological immigration"... What do you want to add to this?.. Surely would I already be dead if ridicule kills for any reason, but even more surely I would'nt be alone...
          Concerning populism, dunno what your politicians can say or do, but if they want to compete with the french politicians, they will have a lot to do...
          More Botulism than populism?
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
          X