English in the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English in the world

For those who can put up what I write, or are scared by my level in what I imagine to be english, here is a reason. Not an excuse, but dogs won't never create cats, won't they?... I apologize anyway...

http://www.ef.co.uk/epi/
    Last edited by JN.Allezdax.com; 8th-November-2015, 21:39.
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

You communicate fine JN
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

You're English is better then some on here! And it's most certainly better than my French!
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
        You're English is better then some on here! And it's most certainly better than my French!

Ahem - think you might mean 'Your English....' Booboo
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          Ahem - think you might mean 'Your English....' Booboo
          Ah you're too quick.

Comment

You're English is better then some on here! !
            and it's "better than" not "better then".
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
              For those who can put up what I write, or are scared by my level in what I imagine to be english, here is a reason. Not an excuse, but dogs won't never create cats, won't they?... I apologize anyway...

http://www.ef.co.uk/epi/
              JN, on many occasions in the past I have wanted to compliment your command of English. I really enjoy your turn of phrase and the way that you directly translate French phrases to invent something new in English. Your 'industrial logic' line is a classic example and one which better captured the situation than the English equivalent. I often think about it in other situations since you've posted it.

Much of the richness in the way that Irish people use the English language comes from Irish (Gaelic) language phrases being translated to and adopted into English.

I much prefer your imaginative use of English than the absolute industrial logic of my own!

Comment

Might I refer to what lies beneath?
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  and it's "better than" not "better then".
                  You are a bright bunch!

Comment

Pedantic idiots I think Boo!

Comment

If it wasn't for predictive text i wouldn't understand myself half the time
                      Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

I may have mentioned this before, but I always enjoyed the notice over on boards.ie entitled "Grammar Nazis". When you open the thread, it simply says "You're days are numbered."
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgiant View Post
                          If it wasn't for predictive text i wouldn't understand myself half the time
                          I have wondered about my dictionary in predictive text and the ideas it gives me for a word it thinks I am thinking-it makes me worried that it thinks I might know those words. It must be a different language...or I wasn't paying attention in English class the day they did big words.

Comment

I have wondered about my dictionary in predictive text and the ideas it gives me for a word it thinks I am thinking-it makes me worried that it thinks I might know those words. It must be a different language...or I wasn't paying attention in English class the day they did big words.
                            Thinks it's Shakespeare!! Cheeky freudian slip little fecker
                            Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

You are a bright bunch!
                              ...I'd have said "a right bunch" boo boo - reminds me of growing up in a house full of flaming school teachers - our table at Christmas dinner was like a forest of wagging fingers with them all lecturing each other!

Comment

Working...
                              X