Excel question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel question

I have no macro or advanced Excel skills.

I have a dash board for a project provided by somebody else, with a macro enabled in it with click and drag sliding cells to increase/reduce costs/income.

I have a table as per below and want to link the cells to the front page, showing if water speed is 2 m/s than the output will be x (as per the table below) etc, this will need to change depending on the rotor size as per the table also. For example if speed is 2 m/s and rotor size is 5 metres, output would be 28KW. I hope that makes sense. the front page has a click and drag macro and what I want is that if the cell g37 shows 2 m/s and cell g39 shows 5 metre rotor, then cell g41 will show output of 28. A formula will not work as the outputs do not increase proportionally

Machine Class Rotor size 2 m/s 3 m/s 4 m/s
    Metre kW kW kW

5 m class 5 28 95 224
    7 55 190 450
    7 m class 10 115 385 920
    11 138 470 1100

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted?

Table is not formatted properly, sorry, tried editing it

Comment

Whats no excel nerds on this site......few punters on here seem to be experts in everything, thought I might get a bit of assistance...

Comment

I genuinely wasn't sure what you were asking! I'm ok at excel but not up to the standard I think you need
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I'm sorry, neither do I. my excel level gets as far as autosum. I produce all my stats through an industry designed program.
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by topcoach.ie View Post
            Whats no excel nerds on this site......few punters on here seem to be experts in everything, thought I might get a bit of assistance...
            I can't understand your table without proper formatting! Sorry ...
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

you could use Index & match formulas to pick out the required value from your table.

Comment

It looks like index and match is the way to go but I haven't a scooby how to do it..

Link to a dropbox with the file in it,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liz6nspwvg...oard.xlsx?dl=0

looking to link the first tab (stuff in green) to the last tab, generation, where the mysterious table with the random numbers are!!

Comment

Working...
                X