Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Explosion in Tianjin

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33896292

Unbelievable footage out there of a huge explosion in North China. They think it was a boat carrying explosives and it has destroyed one of the worlds biggest ports. Fallout is going to be extraordinary.

More importantly and worryingly, it seems there were large residential blocks within a km of the blast.

I've never seen anything like some of the footage that's appearing. Harrowing stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blast4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	2485934

Name:	blast3.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2485935

Name:	blast2.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2485936

Name:	blast1.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2485937
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Holy ****
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

http://bcove.me/q2vcnhtr
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
          Crikey! What goes through your head at the point? Scarey, scarey stuff.

If any one has Volkswagen, BMW or Mercedes on order, there might be a delay. I Don't know how many others are assembled and shipped from China.
          Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
            Crikey! What goes through your head at the point? Scarey, scarey stuff.
            Quite often, pieces of glass, steel, concrete or other construction materials!!

On a more serious note, I'll get more material for my Explosion Prevention Module, in the next few months.

Comment

Name:	firefighter-wechat-message.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2485944

We Chat conversation between two Firemen as it was happening:

1:48 am

Fireman:
              Are you here bro?
              Friend:
              Here, Here

What happened?
              1:52 a.m.
              Fireman:
              My phone can’t get any calls out

Gangzi just passed away

He died, He died
              1:53 a.m.
              Friend:
              Are kidding me?

Where are you?
              Fireman:
              I’m in the car to Tanku… Tangu
              Friend:
              Please call me right now
              Fireman:
              I’m wearing all my gear, I’m the only person with a phone
              Friend:
              Then please call immediately me tomorrow when you get home
              Fireman:
              If I don’t come back, My father is your father

Remember to visit my mother’s grave
              Friend:

OK, your dad is my dad

Please take care

Comment

From what I have seen on the various TV Channels, there appears to have been an initial explosion involving approx. 3 ton(ne)s of TNT equivalent [BBC} followed, very shortly, by a much bigger bang involving approx. 21 ton(ne)s of TNT equivalent.

This indicates to me that the second explosion was a dust explosion resulting from piles of flammable dusts ( possibly Ammonium Nitrate as was involved in West, Texas, Toulouse, Texas City and Oppau) being rendered airborne by the first bang.

If the second bang was because of the rupture of a liquid or gaseous storage vessel. the gap between the explosions would have been much longer that what it appears to have been.

Comment

The explosion was of such intensity that it registered as a seismic event on US Geological Survey equipment.

That's a pretty big bang.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Jaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      From what I have seen on the various TV Channels, there appears to have been an initial explosion involving approx. 3 ton(ne)s of TNT equivalent [BBC} followed, very shortly, by a much bigger bang involving approx. 21 ton(ne)s of TNT equivalent.

This indicates to me that the second explosion was a dust explosion resulting from piles of flammable dusts ( possibly Ammonium Nitrate as was involved in West, Texas, Toulouse, Texas City and Oppau) being rendered airborne by the first bang.

If the second bang was because of the rupture of a liquid or gaseous storage vessel. the gap between the explosions would have been much longer that what it appears to have been.
                      I've a feeling there might have been a military involvement there somewhere possibly importing/exporting.
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

As is usual, more info is coming in but it appears that a number of casualties were Firemen who were fighting a fire at the scene.

That would be an ideal source of ignition for the first explosion.

Comment

Name:	qc7FPxa.jpg
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	2485956
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Like a Chinese goatse.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...