Do you know grindadrap?..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know grindadrap?..

http://www.ibtimes.com/faroe-islands-pilot-whale-massacre-photos-2015-animal-rights-group-condemns-1989943

This has nothing to do anymore with traditions. This abomination shows simply how human people can be silly and cruel. Those ****ers do not even eat the meat of whales because of toxic heavy metals that can be found in it. And they seem to be so ****ing happy!..

http://images.sudouest.fr/images/2015/07/28/des-centaines-de-dauphins-ont-ete-massacres-lors-des_3045844_800x400.jpg?v=1

Make me nauseous.
    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...nter-1.2298679

I don't eat meat so I find the notion of hunting any animal, except if it's a choice between that and starving (for the animal or the hunter) but competitive hunting of exotic or endangered animals seems to be becoming a much bigger trend among the over-privileged.

Comment

In the french press, it's written that the lion killer is a dentist from Minnesota...
      "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Not forgetting the equally disgusting and brutal Japanese dolphin slaughter.
        Be aware one or two shots here a bit disturbing.
        http://youtu.be/uzuSULcqgxQ
        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...nter-1.2298679

I don't eat meat so I find the notion of hunting any animal, except if it's a choice between that and starving (for the animal or the hunter) but competitive hunting of exotic or endangered animals seems to be becoming a much bigger trend among the over-privileged.
          These trophy hunters are genuinely weird, IMHO. But I am led to believe, by a very reliable source, that in many instances the 'fee' that these people are charged to kill animals that, in many instances, would have to be culled anyway because of sickness/ infirmity/ to maintain a healthy genetic pool, goes towards maintaining the guards required to stop the poachers who kill indiscriminately. The situation with Cecil looks like it is not one of those situations. I don't understand why anyone would want to shoot a Lion, but if they are going to be killed anyway is it not practical to make money out of the process? That said, trying to kill an animal of that size with a bow and arrow is simply f'cked up.

Comment

does legalising it perpetuate the activity though? its a tough one as the security are often stopping more sinister poachers so getting some cash from hunters who i just cannot relate to at any level may be the lesser of two evils, except in this case he may have been led to believe it was a genuine "hunt"
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
              does legalising it perpetuate the activity though? its a tough one as the security are often stopping more sinister poachers so getting some cash from hunters who i just cannot relate to at any level may be the lesser of two evils, except in this case he may have been led to believe it was a genuine "hunt"
              Even in massive reserves, humans have to step in and fulfill their role to responsibly maintain balance and healthy genetics. People may not like it but animals, especially top predators like lions need to be managed(culled). By no stretch of the imagination should that be via a f*cking bow and arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                These trophy hunters are genuinely weird, IMHO. But I am led to believe, by a very reliable source, that in many instances the 'fee' that these people are charged to kill animals that, in many instances, would have to be culled anyway because of sickness/ infirmity/ to maintain a healthy genetic pool, goes towards maintaining the guards required to stop the poachers who kill indiscriminately. The situation with Cecil looks like it is not one of those situations. I don't understand why anyone would want to shoot a Lion, but if they are going to be killed anyway is it not practical to make money out of the process? That said, trying to kill an animal of that size with a bow and arrow is simply f'cked up.
                This seems to be the case here and the unbelievable fee paid will go a long way to paying wages etc. The animals are to be culled anyway but the issue really is what kind of git would pay that much to kill an animal and see some kind of value in having it's head hanging on a wall.
                http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/19/af...ia-rhino-hunt/
                Last edited by Arthur Guinness; 29th-July-2015, 11:32.
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
                  This seems to be the case here and the unbelievable fee paid will go a long way to paying wages etc. The animals are to be culled anyway but the issue really is what kind of git would pay that much to kill an animal and see some kind of value it's head hanging on a wall.
                  http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/19/af...ia-rhino-hunt/
                  It wouldn't do anything for me, but, if it is necessary for these creatures to be killed, and it is, surely it is better for the authorities to made a rake of cash out of it and for the animals horns not to end up on some mountebank's shelf in the far east. As usual, what appears to be a black and white issue is far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                    Well it might be practical in the short term but not in the long term, plus what's practical and whats moral are separate questions.

If trophy-hunting of protected animals is allowed in some cases, it can only create a market that will be fuelled by illegal hunting.

Comment

Working...
                    X