Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derry to be the new official name of LondonDerry..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derry to be the new official name of LondonDerry..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0724/716882-derry/

A decision by Derry City and Strabane District Council to change the official name of Londonderry to Derry has been described as "sectarian" and "disgusting" by unionists.

The new move by the council was voted upon at the Guildhall yesterday evening.

It passed with the full support of Sinn Féin, the SDLP and the Independent councillors, despite opposition from the minority unionist block.

The council will now write to the Environment Minister Mark H Durkan of the SDLP, who is from the city itself, on how to go about the change.
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

I left Ireland for many reason... 1 of them definitely includes all the Northern bullsh!t....

anyway... where were we.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn2.gif
Views:	2
Size:	651.7 KB
ID:	2485862
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Unionists Foyled again.
        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Is that the City of Londonderry or the County of Londonderry, or both?
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
            Is that the City of Londonderry or the County of Londonderry, or both?
            I learn from the RTE lunchtime news that it's Londonderry City that may be re-named - but only if the necessary application to the Privy Council is successful.
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
              I learn from the RTE lunchtime news that it's Londonderry City that may be re-named - but only if the necessary application to the Privy Council is successful.
              Of what does the Privy Council consist?
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                Of what does the Privy Council consist?
                The Privy Councillors, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                  The Privy Councillors, of course.
                  Any idea as to their collective persuasion?
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The great and the good of the British establishment. The Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition, select MPs, various House of Lords members etc. If you hear someone being referred to as " The Right Honourable" , then (s)he is a member.

Comment

Change comes dropping slow, I guess.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Have the Apprentice Boys of Derry issued a statement?

Comment

James McClean will be delighted!
                          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I....

Comment

am....

Comment

Working...
                              X