Irish Trans Rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Trans Rights

The Irish state will now accept trans people’s own declaration of their gender

TRANS PEOPLE IN Ireland will now not have to rely on testimony from psychiatrists or endocrinologists to have their gender recognised by the state.

Instead, their self-declaration will be accepted, for the purpose of updating passports, driving licences, obtaining a new birth cert, and getting married.

T├ínaiste Joan Burton announced this evening that the Cabinet has agreed that, under the Gender Recognition Bill currently before the Oireachtas, changes of gender will be effected by a “statutory declaration,” for those over the age of 18.

http://www.thejournal.ie/trans-right...41181-Jun2015/

I'd better get a move on and get my name legally changed.

It's going to be a ****ing hellish few weeks online, but it'll be worth it.
    I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Good luck with it. I can't hope to have any meaningful understanding of what you've been through to date, let alone what faces you still, but I hope it brings you happiness.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

So are you going to be called 'Hoss' instead of Bucephalus?
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Schools told make uniform rules for transgender pupils

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/schools-told-make-uniform-rules-for-transgender-pupils-31589676.html

Comment

Oh! What a mistake from me... I thought this thread was about the Leinster players coming to Munster to get game time... Sorry... I apologize...
          "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
            Oh! What a mistake from me... I thought this thread was about the Leinster players coming to Munster to get game time... Sorry... I apologize...
            naughty boy - tres merchant

Comment

Working...
            X