• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shannon Airport Air Display July 18th

Shannon airport will be hosting an air display , details in link below

http://www.shannonairport.ie/gns/abo...ic_Flight.aspx

Great day July 18th.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Cue...Galway anti war alliance and Shannonwatch.....to start complaining just as they did with the Salthill airshow!!!!

Comment

Yeah those morons were around when the An225 was in Shannon as well. Clowns.

Comment

Just wondering. How can they run an airshow alongside scheduled flights at Shannon?
          isnt it a bit dicey?
          The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
          Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by abbeyboatman View Post
            Cue...Galway anti war alliance and Shannonwatch.....to start complaining just as they did with the Salthill airshow!!!!

Daly and Wallace playing chicken with planes on the Tarmac ? ? I might even pay money to see that.
            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
              Just wondering. How can they run an airshow alongside scheduled flights at Shannon?
              isnt it a bit dicey?
              There's so little traffic in Shannon these days, you could put on repeat performances between flights.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post
                isnt it a bit dicey?
                The event is set for 11am to 5:30pm. After the transatlantic departures around between 11 and 12 there isn't much traffic. The lunchtime Heathrow flight and the Munich flight in the afternoon. I'd say they'll keep the apron in front of the terminal and one of the taxiways clear for the commercial traffic. They're talking about 4km of fencing to keep the public away from where they shouldn't be.

Comment

Tickets for the event cost €5 and are available on Eventbrite. Children under 6 years are free and all activities on the airfield are free and ticket-holders will also be entitled to free access that weekend to a choice of either Bunratty Castle, King John’s Castle or Craggaunowen visitor attractions.

http://clareherald.com/2015/06/eyes-to-the-skies-for-shannon-airshow-5675/

Comment

They're not exactly "pushing tin" in SNN! I'm sure it could be planned out.
                    Driving up the Turnpike to Newark - this is the scene at any given moment - incoming:

Click image for larger version

Name:	planes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	2485637

It also reminds me of being above the clouds westbound out of heathrow and somewhere over the Irish Sea as I stare dreamily out of the window at the clouds - What to my wondering eyes did appear? Not Many hundreds of yards away - An RAF fighter punched up vertical through the clouds and was gone in a shot! Likely the first obvious question on anyone's mind, "Did he know we were there !!! ???" 2) "Did we survive just out of luck of the odds?"

Comment

Shannon ATC is part of ShanWick which controls the Atlantic. They are actually pretty busy ...
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Oh. Never mind. I stand under you, corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                          Shannon ATC is part of ShanWick which controls the Atlantic. They are actually pretty busy ...
                          That's part of the IAA and not actually based in the airport (It's actually about 4 miles down the road at Ballycasey Cross). The airport itself only handles around 40 commercial movements every day.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            Shanwick OCA controllers are actually in Prestwick in Scotland, with radio operators and arrays in Ballygireen near Dromoland.
                            Is the Shannon facility only a training center then? I know the transmission equipment isn't there, but I though the controllers were. It's a pretty big building.

Comment

I know quite a few ATC lads living in Limerick and Clare that don;t work in Shannon Airport. They must be working somewhere
                              The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                              Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Working...
                              X