Mobile broadband

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile broadband

can anybody suggest a good mobile broadband provider?
    I'm currently with tesco mobile which started off fairly well and is only 15 euro per month for 15 gb, however they are now using the 3 network which is desperate so i need to change.

Any ideas?
    So I walked as day was dawning
    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
    Where we once watched the row boats landing
    By the broad majestic shannon

Meteor SIM only 20gb per month. was €10.16 pm when I signed up a few month's back. 30 day contract and all that.
    "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Jes thats good elle. Is it reasonably quick?

Comment

On Meteor sim only, it's grand when it works CM, but coverage is crap IMHO, plenty of Gaa fields I've only got E instead of 3G, daughter on Metoer too and was the only one of her group in Irish college last year who couldn't get a 3G signal in Dingle, they were all on 3.
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I tried a vodafone dongle last year. It was surprisingly fast but ate the data allowance very quickly.

You can't get unlimited data as far as I know.

I saw 4g working recently - it's super fast. Amazingly so.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Three have best SIM only plan. 4G. 20.33 per month All you eat data*

http://www.three.ie/eshop/sim-only-p...-pay-sim-only/

Comment

I've just escaped three! On off on off on off. Jes it drove me mad. You could phone Mumbai and say "look a 3 employee has just murdered my wife" and you'd get "we apologise for that sir but we just aren't allowed to knock anything off your bill and next time you email us please tell us your blood group aswell as your dob street number star sign and sexual preference or we won't be able to respond"

Comment

Hmm. I think I've not used the correct vocabulary. What I'm looking for is not mobile data on my phone but one of those wifi yokes you put in the front room that your laptop and phones link into. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                  Hmm. I think I've not used the correct vocabulary. What I'm looking for is not mobile data on my phone but one of those wifi yokes you put in the front room that your laptop and phones link into. Sorry
                  You want wifi in yer house? Have you a phone line?
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Eircom or Sky have Fibre in Ballina CM

Comment

I have no phone line. I have one of those huawei yokes on tesco mobile. We all link into it but its slow and sometimes sporadic in its signal reception and its not 4g. I am minded to get eircom wifi but i read their forum which is a litany of complaints and thought I'd ask on here.

On the tv side ive just canned upc and got freeview instead, naturally it doesn't work properly but i can get bloomberg RT and babestation so I'm getting educated, becoming financially aware and the kids are going to bed much earlier.

Comment

Mobile broadband

Eircom do non phone line broadband packages, can add ur TV into it if u get fibre but eats into bandwidth

All providers have litany of complaints against them, they all fail sometimes

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                            Jes thats good elle. Is it reasonably quick?
                            Works perfect for me at home. Use it for Netflix (but to be fair I don't watch lots) but mainly email, FB, iTunes etc and tis grand. I never use the full 20gb in a month.
                            "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Working...
                            X