US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh oh

LORD OF THE DUNCE Michael Flatley blasted by fans for agreeing to perform at Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration

FURIOUS fans have turned on superhoofer Michael Flatley after it emerged he’s to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

The Lord of the Dance will take to the stage at the ceremony for the controversial US President-elect tomorrow despite massive public pressure to withdraw.

And after celeb site TMZ reported Flatley’s participation, critics rounded on the 58-year-old and blasted his decision.

Father Ted creator Graham Linehan fumed: “If this is true and Flatley links Irish tradition to President P**s it will be the worst thing he has ever done.”

“Michael Flatley is trending; not because he’s died, but his career is about to. Performing at Trump’s inauguration = #BottomOfTheBarrel”.

One viewer wrote: “Oh, Michael Flatley. For years I denied rumour that you’re a colossal prat, as Lord of the Dance was amazing. And yet… #TrumpInauguration.”

Others joked: “I’m glad Michael Flatley is going to dance for Trump. It means my previously irrational dislike of the man now has a rational basis.”

Another tweeted the star: “Takin’ the shillin’. @MichaelFlatley #michaelflatley #Inauguration”.

One said: “Disclaimer from Ireland to The World: @MichaelFlatley is not Irish and he does not represent us, not with his feet or his mouth. “

Another added: “Disappointed to hear @MichaelFlatley will perform at #TrumpInauguration Could have made a statement like @eltonofficial @garthbrooks etc.”

Comment

One good thing from the inauguration day.

Meet Richard Spencer.
      This charmer, believes among other things
      "We need an ethno-state so that our people can 'come home again,' can live amongst family and feel safe and secure,"
      and "that race is a biological fact and that it’s a significant aspect of individual and group identity and that any attempt to create a society in which race can be made not to matter will fail,".

And the weekend after the election he did this.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

So it was with great renewed hope for humanity, that I saw this after inauguration day.

Comment

Working...
      X