US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    President ****face von Clownstick has gone full retard. He wants MOAR nukes!
    Yes, I read Putins speech.

Comment

35 Russian 'diplomats' to be expelled from the US within 72 hours. Obviously until the 20th January when they will be welcomed back with open arms and small hands.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Obama administration doing what it should have done 4 years ago, no ****s given policy decisions
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

The pressure on the settlements should have started from the morning after he won his second term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

****face von Clownstick has started to backpedal but declined to call out his smart friend in The Kremlin. But it's OK because the hacking didn't stop him becoming el jefe.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

https://twitter.com/lehmo23/status/8...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Can't stop laughing at this. Possibly because if I do I'll remember how ****ed everything is.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Also this brief facebook exchange speaks volumes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2488534

EDIT: Can't seem to make this any bigger so link is here.
                Last edited by Jenta; 9-January-2017, 11:34.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

He's thick enough to bite every hook that slowly swings near his face, he doesn't snap at them because then the wig would fall off.

If he can be cornered and lash out at Meryl Streep I can see many a more seasoned politician making him hop on one foot.

I still wonder will he last his full term, his mouth has been writing cheques his presidency cannot cash, those cheques are made out to very angry people with not a lot to lose.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

This was an excellent post from the Reddit site above, explains the Obamacare/ACA history so well....

Republicans hate Obamacare primarily because it represents government interference in how insurance companies operate. It forces the insurance companies to cover things they wouldn't otherwise cover, for example.

Republicans hate Obamacare because a Democrat got it passed. That is literally the reason. Obamacare is a bill that was written by the very conservative Heritage Foundation back in the early 90s as the Republican compromise to "HilaryCare". Newt Gingrich pushed hard to try to get it passed through Congress but it never got the Democratic support it needed to pass. So healthcare reform never happened during the Clinton administration. Bush never touched healthcare reform since there was the whole 9/11, wars, and terrorism thing going on. But, future 2012 GOP Presidential nominee Mitt Romney decided to fix healthcare in MA during his time as Governor and pulled out the old Heritage Foundation bill that Republicans pushed in the early 90s, tweaked it a tiny bit, and signed RomneyCare into law in MA.

Then in comes Obama running on the promise of healthcare reform (among other things) and not only does he win, but the Dems win big in the Senate and House. The Dems also have enough votes in the Senate to prevent a filibuster so long as the two Independents who normally caucus with them, Sanders and Lieberman, vote with them on healthcare reform. Obama promises what he thinks is a fair compromise with the Republicans: the Heritage Foundation bill that Republicans loved the last time healthcare reform was seriously considered ALONGSIDE a public singlepayer option. So people would have a choice, public health insurance or private health insurance. So at this point the rumors start to swirl that Lieberman is completely against healthcare reform of any kind and will vote with Republicans on the filibuster vote effectively stopping healthcare reform in its tracks. However, if the public option is removed and the Heritage Foundation bill (what we know now as Obamacare) is the only part piece of the healthcare reform, he will vote with the Dems. The public option is scrapped because it is a single vote short of passing. Obamacare as we know it is passed and the Republicans hate it because they felt as though the Dems weren't willing to compromise... Apparently, the Dems passing the Republican written bill is not compromise.

What makes this story even better is the Republicans spend the next year trashing Obamacare in the media and then go on to nominate none other than Mitt Romney, the Republican Governor who pass Obamacare in MA before Obamacare was even a thing at the Federal level. Romney had to spend the entire election trashing the healthcare reform he had once been so proud of just a short time earlier because the Republican narrative was that since Obama and the Dems did it, it was bad.

So the reason why the Republicans are going the repeal Obamacare and replace it sometime down the road at a future time route rather than repeal and replace at the same time even though they've had 6 years to come up with an alternative, is because Obamacare WAS their alternative. They wrote the ****ing bill. A Republican was the first person to get the bill passed somewhere in the country. They've 6D Chessed themselves into a ****ty position.

Furthermore, many young, healthy people were forced to pay for insurance that they felt was unneeded; essentially, they began subsidizing the healthcare costs of people who were sick.

That's literally how insurance works. One day they will get sick and need it.

I've never had to use my car insurance but I still have it and I'm subsidizing the people who get in accidents or their car is stolen.

I've never had to make a claim on my home owner's insurance but I still have it and I'm subsidizing the people whose homes burn down or get robbed.

My wife and son haven't been able claim the death benefit on my life insurance but I still have it and I'm subsiding other widows and children who.lost their husbands/fathers.

Why would I do something so crazy as pay for insurance that I've never used? Because one day I may need that insurance and I hope when it comes time me to use it that there are people who will be paying in to subsidize me or my family.

Comment

Chuck Schumer on with Rachel, discussing his approach to the Senate and the defence of the ACA

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        He's thick enough to bite every hook that slowly swings near his face, he doesn't snap at them because then the wig would fall off.

If he can be cornered and lash out at Meryl Streep I can see many a more seasoned politician making him hop on one foot.

I still wonder will he last his full term, his mouth has been writing cheques his presidency cannot cash, those cheques are made out to very angry people with not a lot to lose.
                        I'm giving him 2 years before he walks on some spurious reason, he will get frustrated and then bored and when he realises that he actually needs the backing of the party to get anything done.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                          I'm giving him 2 years before he walks on some spurious reason, he will get frustrated and then bored and when he realises that he actually needs the backing of the party to get anything done.

If he stays alive that long. Continually having a pop at the people whose job it is to keep you safe is monumentally stupid, even by this f'ck wits standards.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            If he stays alive that long. Continually having a pop at the people whose job it is to keep you safe is monumentally stupid, even by this f'ck wits standards.

True but all the fcukwits are on his side so I think he'll be safe enough that way.

"Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post

I dunno did he ever want to get anything done. I've always felt he saw the whitehouse as a thing to be obtained, rather than a doorway to making change or doing good.

He's too narcissistic to care if poor people remain poor or sick people remain sick. That's not his world.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                I dunno did he ever want to get anything done. I've always felt he saw the whitehouse as a thing to be obtained, rather than a doorway to making change or doing good.

He's too narcissistic to care if poor people remain poor or sick people remain sick. That's not his world.
                                True, there's a school of thought that he's more interested in the advancement of Trump Inc under his presidency, and as long as the Reps don't try to stop him, he'll be more than willing to adopt any right wing nutjob policy that they can come up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X