US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-31465323.html

Candidate ranked third in North Carolina Presidential polls doesn’t actually exist

Brian O'Reilly

THERE’S disappointment for 9pc of the electorate in North Carolina – as their preferred candidate for President in 2016 doesn’t actually exist.

The candidate’s name should have perhaps been a giveaway for voters, registered as ‘Deez Nuts’.

Papers were filed to the Federal Election Commission by 15-year-old Brady Olson.

The student says he was inspired to do it after a cat in Kentucky was registered to run.

Polls in the state showed ‘Deez Nuts’ ranking third among voters, will 9pc of support.

Hillary Clinton garnered 38pc support while Republican front-runner Donald Trump led, with 40pc support.

Anyone can fill out a statement of candidacy form in the US, and it is not checked against any public records to verify the candidate’s identity.

Only when a candidate raises $5,000 do they have to provide proof of identity.

Comment

Insane really that rhey don't verify it

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
        Bush the younger seemed to get along fine by dissin' McCain.
        Ah but that was sneaky push polling about an alleged non-marital biracial child. He never dissed McCain's war service so that's okay.

Comment

Corbyn and Sanders!!! What's going on?

Anyway it seems that Google now decides who governs where

In our basic experiment, participants were randomly assigned to one of three groups in which search rankings favored either Candidate A, Candidate B or neither candidate. Participants were given brief descriptions of each candidate and then asked how much they liked and trusted each candidate and whom they would vote for. Then they were allowed up to 15 minutes to conduct online research on the candidates using a Google-like search engine we created called Kadoodle.
          Each group had access to the same 30 search results—all real search results linking to real web pages from a past election. Only the ordering of the results differed in the three groups. People could click freely on any result or shift between any of five different results pages, just as one can on Google’s search engine.

When our participants were done searching, we asked them those questions again, and, voilà: On all measures, opinions shifted in the direction of the candidate who was favored in the rankings. Trust, liking and voting preferences all shifted predictably.

More alarmingly, we also demonstrated this shift with real voters during an actual electoral campaign—in an experiment conducted with more than 2,000 eligible, undecided voters throughout India during the 2014 Lok Sabha election there—the largest democratic election in history, with more than 800 million eligible voters and 480 million votes ultimately cast. Even here, with real voters who were highly familiar with the candidates and who were being bombarded with campaign rhetoric every day, we showed that search rankings could boost the proportion of people favoring any candidate by more than 20 percent—more than 60 percent in some demographic groups.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...#ixzz3jNRFMqsD
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddytheman View Post
            Ah but that was sneaky push polling about an alleged non-marital biracial child. He never dissed McCacourse sendservice so that's okay.
            My mistake. I got McCain mixed up with Kerry whose War record was definitely attacked by Bush in 2004. He got Soldiers who had served under him to say what a bad Superior he had been.

EDIT: As mentioned above by vigand and No 16 above.

The irony of this coming from someone who used his connections to spend the Vietnam War in an Admin job on the Mainland was, of course missed by the Electorate.
            Last edited by Piquet; 21-August-2015, 10:38.

Comment

Comment

hey.....look at all the money saved by parents if that J1 moneypit was closed.....Think we should back old Donald Duck to the hilt!!!:D

Comment

Originally posted by abbeyboatman View Post
                  hey.....look at all the money saved by parents if that J1 moneypit was closed.....Think we should back old Donald Duck to the hilt!!!:D
                  I saved my money from work to go. Parents did forward me some dosh though
                  Stand up and fight

Comment

The tabloids don't have a monopoly on humorous covers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	2486071
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The Donald isn't opposed to a 'muslim database'. Obviously Obama will be 'Muslim 00001'.

#retardedamericans
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                        I saved my money from work to go. Parents did forward me some dosh though
                        I took a loan out to fund the visa and flight. Made a killing. 80 hour weeks at 11 dollars an hour back in 1995. Happy days.

Comment

The Donald once again demonstrating his bravery in speaking out on an important issue.

Comment

Nobody really thinks he really wants to be president or that he would have really thought he would have won do they? (but the scary thing is there appears to be a following that actually believe what he himself knows to be the nonsense he is spouting. I heard someone comment somewhere that he is a parody of himself. He is doing the clown like reality television version of himself that he has proven to be very skilled at. He is not a complete blithering idiot (like Palin was/is). I bet he is actually laughing that people are swallowing his bull****.
                            (All that said - it's not funny when you're talking about elections for the chief executive of one of the most powerful and influential nations in the world. That country really is going tits-up!

Comment

The Donald doesn't want any more Muslims coming to America. How long before he proposes deporting those that are already there? I'm going to give it 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                                The Donald doesn't want any more Muslims coming to America. How long before he proposes deporting those that are already there? I'm going to give it 2 days.
                                If he gets elected it will be a matter of time before there is a 2nd American Revolution

Comment

Working...
                                X