US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Point View Post
    That's an interesting point, in that people knew what Saville was up to, yet said nothing. Mark Burnett, the producer of the Apprentice, has threatened a group of 20 of the most closely involved Apprentice staff that he will sue them for $5m if they release any tapes where Trump has said/done more stuff (including using the N word). Clearly, he knew this and said nothing.

Hilary should offer to pick up the tab from her campaign funds.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt · 9h9 hours ago

Rise and shine, @realDonaldTrump! Big debate tonight!

Carpe vaginum!
      NO NO NO It's "Carpe vaginam" This shouldn't have to be pointed out, but "Vagina" is Feminine!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	596885ca3db252749d20a6ee7b153704.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	2488098

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Believing that his celebrity gives him the right to touch women up with impunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My wife said the same thing yesterday.

Comment

Remember when Presidential Debates were about policy and position etc instead of a 90 minute slagging match that wouldn't be seen in a pub between 2 drunks:-/

If you seen 2 people arguing like that on the street you'd probably report them

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
            Remember when Presidential Debates were about policy and position etc

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Not really, to be honest. Every one I can remember had at least one out and out ****ing schyster on the platform. Romney in 2012, McCain in 2008, Bush in 2004 and 2000. Clinton basically spent the 1996 campaign calling Bob Dole too old in a variety of ways. All of those campaigns were dominated by personal attacks. Do you remember John Kerry, holder of bronze and silver stars and three purple hearts, being "swift boated" by an attack group acting as a proxy for a man who got bought into the national guard to dodge the draft?

So Clinton vs Bush Snr 1992? Probably.

Dukakis was a car crash in 88.

There's been one actual adult contest for Presidential office in knocking on thirty years.
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...ssessed/213712

The US is mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                    In fact, it's arguable that the US constitution, with its myriad checks and balances, and the freedom of the citizenry (for which read landowners) to arm themselves as a militia against government, was constructed specifically to counter the fear that, at some point, the logical end point of democracy is that the plebs elect a demagogue.
                    You are touching on a nerve there Balla. An ex-colleague, living in La-La Land and a lifelong liberal and a lifelong anti-NRA advocate, turned around earlier this year and silenced a few of us over lunch when he said that he, along with a few likeminded others had been half-jokingly saying recently that they might need to reconsider their stance on gun control in light of a candidate like Trump having a serious shot at the Presidency and that in circumstances where the unthinkable were to happen and Trump would be a Commander-in-Chief; it would be advisable for the citizenry to be well-armed...

Comment

Originally posted by Red October View Post
                      You are touching on a nerve there Balla. An ex-colleague, living in La-La Land and a lifelong liberal and a lifelong anti-NRA advocate, turned around earlier this year and silenced a few of us over lunch when he said that he, along with a few likeminded others had been half-jokingly saying recently that they might need to reconsider their stance on gun control in light of a candidate like Trump having a serious shot at the Presidency and that in circumstances where the unthinkable were to happen and Trump would be a Commander-in-Chief; it would be advisable for the citizenry to be well-armed...
                      It's an eye opener, isn't it? The realisation that Americans of whatever political stripe really do think, if only fleetingly, of the need to be able to engage in armed conflict with their government.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                        It's an eye opener, isn't it? The realisation that Americans of whatever political stripe really do think, if only fleetingly, of the need to be able to engage in armed conflict with their government.
                        In fairness Balla, that's an article in the constitution that was written 240 years ago, when there were no police, National Defence forces etc. It reminds me of the way some Christian religions take the bible too literally.

Comment

In fairness Balla, that's an article in the constitution that was written 240 years ago, when there were no police, National Defence forces etc. It reminds me of the way some Christian religions take the bible too literally.

Completely, though I'm not sure police would have helped. It's largely ignored by the US right that the amendment really refers to the freedom of citizens to form a militia, at least in part from fear of government tyranny. Democracy was a bit of a babe in arms at that stage, and (as Napoleon did with the French Revolution) there was a real perceived danger of a tyrant emerging.

Some of Washington's officers tried to have him installed as King.

And that fear of the Government, the New World Order and all the rest is pretty widespread on the extreme Right in America. Not in the mainstream "I like my gun" types, but in the hard core survivalists.

And it's entering into the minds of at least a couple of Liberals too.

The notion of the Constitution as a sacred text rather than a political instrument is dangerously close to religion, as you say.

Comment

Comment

As a big fan of Death Cab and most of the stuff Ben Gibbard has done musically I think this is fantastic, total ear-worm.

"Lyrically, ‘Million Dollar Loan’ deals with a particularly tone deaf moment in Donald Trump's ascent to the Republican nomination. While campaigning in New Hampshire last year, he attempted to cast himself as a self-made man by claiming he built his fortune with just a ‘small loan of a million dollars’ from his father. Not only has this statement been proven to be wildly untrue, he was so flippant about it. It truly disgusted me. Donald Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he is unworthy of the honor and responsibility of being President of the United States of America, and in no way, shape or form represents what this country truly stands for. He is beneath us." - Ben Gibbard

30 Days, 30 Songs will feature one song per day from October 10 until Election Day. The artists are united in their desire to speak out against the ignorant, divisive, and hateful campaign of Donald Trump. Stay tuned over the coming days as the playlist unfolds, and don't forget to go vote.

30days30songs.com

Last edited by Cowboy; 12-October-2016, 07:55.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

From fivethirtyeight's Nate Silver: Women are defeating Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X