US Presidential Election - Indecision 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    Interesting that Hilary is taking the line of grandma, instead of trumpeting her credentials.

She's getting on a bit as well. Obama came from nowhere the last time, and if a youthful hopeful can come out of the woods she will have a fight on her hands.

Is Jeb Bush a shoe in for GOP? Christ they are like those knock a mole game - every time you hit one on the head another one pops up.
    There's no predicting the republican race, imo. Each and every one of them is a catastrophe in waiting and could implode on any given day. Clinton will have been told to soften a bit to avoid scaring the horses, and to butter up the Dem left.

Obama didn't quite come from nowhere. Politicos I knew in London who'd been in the States on the Gore campaign were backing him four years out. I can still remember having the "what's he called again?" conversation with some friends in Gordon's on Embankment. He didn't have a public profile though.

No such rumblings about bolters this time though. And I'm not sure that's a good thing for Clinton. Voters don't often respond well to being asked to rubber stamp coronations.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
      I get a kick out of some of the christian names. Nate, Newt, Tipper, Jeb, Spiro....ermm....

We have no decent names in our politics. Enda, Mehole, that other bollix......
      Jeb Bushes Christian name is actually John.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
        Jeb Bushes Christian name is actually John.
        I thought it was an abbreviation for George.

Comment

I thought it was Jesus, but that's probably a bit Hispanic for GOP.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            John Ellis Bush. Jeb for short.

Comment

Hillary bores the arse off me. Wish there was more support for other Dem candidates but no one will bother running against her I think. I like Elizabeth Warren, and also Bernie Sanders but neither one are running.

Also, regarding the Jon Ellis Bush / JEB thing, I can't help think about this guy

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-O-B-arrested-development-1359970-632-352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	2485363

every time he gets mentioned.
              \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil View Post
                Hillary bores the arse off me. Wish there was more support for other Dem candidates but no one will bother running against her I think. I like Elizabeth Warren, and also Bernie Sanders but neither one are running.
                While I enjoy the antics of flamboyant personalities in politics, I have come to the somewhat sad conclusion that boring politicians are the safer bet.
                "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                  composed of 91% pure evil so he could do well.
                  Thats on the low side for the GOP

Comment

Comment

Dear God.

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil View Post
                        Also, regarding the Jon Ellis Bush / JEB thing, I can't help think about this guy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11549[/ATTACH]

every time he gets mentioned.
                        Good shout although I'm afraid The Donald has to get my vote. The Politics of Failure have failed and they need to be made work again. A vote for The Donald is a vote for the bat**** voice that America hasn't listened to in a long while.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                          Good shout although I'm afraid The Donald has to get my vote. The Politics of Failure have failed and they need to be made work again. A vote for The Donald is a vote for the bat**** voice that America hasn't listened to in a long while.
                          As a young boy, I too dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

\"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                            (Do you actually have a vote ?) Anyway, I can't express the reasons for my feelings about that **** ***** as it could be called as defamation. But look up treatment of workers (and builders) in Atlantic City over the past few decades. You may need to dig a bit. Put it this way, he'll never walk amongst the people of that town. Their hatred runneth over.

"Politics and the fate of mankind are shaped by men without ideals and without greatness. Men who have greatness within them don't go in for politics." (Camus)

I really hope that **** never gets to contribute to the veracity of that declaration!

I'd might rather see another dynastic red state redneck moron back in! Nah...neither is the lesser of two evils. Ahereagh....looks bad in any case.
                            Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            Hi, I'm George and this is my brother, George! ??
                            Last edited by No. 16; 4-July-2015, 08:16.

Comment

Nate Silver charts the various Republican hopefuls, but admits he struggled on where to put Donald Trump :

This is from an excellent early analysis of how the Republican party might eventually fall in behind a nominee ... http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/r...e-republicans/
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The Huffington Post are only going to cover The Donald's campaign in their Entertainment section.

#mexicanrapists
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X